Planning Meeting #3 Notes

Jeremy Flint

Apr 23, 2009, 5:22:53 PM4/23/09
to BarCampBirmingham
Sponsorship is going well. Depending on the number of attendees we have, we could be cutting it close, but we have a few more sponsorship prospects out there. Wade is getting Jeremy some contact info for New Horizons.

Media coverage may pick up next week. The death of Councilwoman Miriam Witherspoon took precedent this week (as it should). Wade is getting Jeremy contact info for Tanya Ott at WBHM about doing another interview segment.

Logistics - Anyone wanting to help set up should plan to be at Innovation Depot between 7 and 7:30am on May 2. Jeff Moore from Holt A/V was there to assess our audio/video needs and we are set from that perspective. We also scouted out which rooms we are going to use in addition to the training room.

One interesting idea that came up was to conduct a food drive, and ask anyone attending to consider bringing a canned good or non-perishable item that we would then deliver to a local food bank. Andre Natta is contacting a local food bank and we will make an announcement about that soon on the main website.

If anyone has any sponsors in mind, we are still looking for some. Have them contact spon...@barcampbirmingham.org.

I think that is about all that was discussed today.