Spread the word

Wade Kwon

Apr 9, 2009, 4:00:46 PM4/9/09
to barca...@googlegroups.com

The campaign for 150 BarCampers is on! We have three weeks left, and
about 35 signed up.

What can you do?

1. REGISTER. Now. At http://barcampbirmingham.org. Go ahead and commit
to Saturday, May 2, plus either pre-Camp party, post-Camp party or
both. Let's get that list as big as we can through early signups.

2. PROMOTE. Tell your friends, colleagues, user groups, neighbors,
church members, professional organizations and twittering squirrels
about BarCamp.

Send them to http://barcampbirmingham.org for more info. And if they
need a press release/one-page info sheet:

http://barcamp.org/f/Barcamp+-+April+2009.pdf

Post it to your Facebook wall, Twitter it, blog about it, and remind
everyone that you're going and presenting.

Remember, the more participants, the more everyone gets out of
BarCamp. We're going to double last year's attendance. Jeremy has got
the ball rolling on the site and event registration, and Henry has
snagged us a few more sponsors. Let's all pitch in.

How can you get the word out this afternoon?

Wade

--
Wade Kwon.com | wadekwon.com | a Southern storyteller at work
Wade on Birmingham | wadeonbirmingham.com | Birmingham and Alabama

[Note: I check e-mail at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. If you need to reach me
right
away, try http://wadekwon.com/about/about-contact/.]

Jeremy Flint

Apr 9, 2009, 4:12:59 PM4/9/09
to barca...@googlegroups.com
I am working up some BarCamp flyers, color and black and white, that will be printable on standard 8.5 x 11 paper. This will make it easy for anyone to print them out and post them around town.

They should be on the google group and website this weekend.