UK Daily Telegraph MEP pensions article

John Wilson

Mar 2, 2024, 2:01:15 AMMar 2
to bapa...@googlegroups.com

Below is a links to content, from UK Daily Telegraph, on how (UK) MEPs are getting a taste of what ‘us ordinary folk’ are subjected to …. And MEPS don’t seem to like it !!!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/pensions/state-pensions/european-parliament-pensions-british-meps-farage-brexit/

Marianne

Mar 3, 2024, 5:20:36 PMMar 3
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Sadly have to pay to read anything in the Telegraph 😢

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Saturday, March 2, 2024, 5:01 pm, John Wilson <john_p...@live.com.au> wrote:

Below is a links to content, from UK Daily Telegraph, on how (UK) MEPs are getting a taste of what ‘us ordinary folk’ are subjected to …. And MEPS don’t seem to like it !!!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/pensions/state-pensions/european-parliament-pensions-british-meps-farage-brexit/

mary barber

Mar 3, 2024, 5:28:24 PMMar 3
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Yep on frozen pe nsion & no GB pounds Impossible. Sad

Mar 4, 2024, 1:48:13 AMMar 4
to bapa...@googlegroups.com

BTW.

Just after accessing an article on (UK) Daily Telegraph about 15 seconds later you may/will get prompted to become a subscriber and as a consequence without doing so be unable to view the full article.

That type of issue also happens on many other websites.

A quick & easy ‘workaround’ to try exists.

As soon as the full article/content is shown, on whatever device/website you are using,  IMMEDIIATELY highlight the entire content (i.e. using ‘CTRL’ and ‘A’ keys both together) then ‘copy’ it all (i.e. using ‘CTRL’ and ‘C’ keys both together) and paste it all (i.e. using ‘CTRL’ and ‘V’ keys both together) into a new file format (e.g. text, MS word, MS excel, etc…).

You should/will then be able to view the full content at your leisure.

Mar 6, 2024, 2:14:37 AMMar 6
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the tip John. I could not paste it, however but was able to read it direct once I had selected it all!!! Do t know how it worked, but it worked!!!
Sent from my iPad

John Wilson

Mar 6, 2024, 4:14:38 AMMar 6
to bapa...@googlegroups.com

No worries. Just pleased that approach gives people a chance to read (full) articles such as that one.

Alan Burdon

Mar 7, 2024, 1:45:34 AMMar 7
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
My heart bleeds for them!

Alan

  Kurrajong Hill
  Dignams Creek
  Narooma
  NSW 2546
  Australia

  +61(0)2 6493 6080

Sandi Beaumont

Mar 8, 2024, 11:59:28 AMMar 8
to BAPA
A little success! I have today received a reply from the Daily Telegraph's Money department asking if I'd be prepared to be interviewed following an email I wrote regarding 'frozen pensions'. I have agreed, of course as any publicity helps our cause. Anyone have any good statistics I can use for the interview or points they want raised? I'll post again once I have more information.
Sandi B

Richard Denton

Mar 8, 2024, 3:13:12 PMMar 8
to 'clive_walford' via BAPA
Hi Sandi,
I get a small pension from France and it is indexed COL increase every year. They have an excellent on line service letting pensioners know every month. Certificates of Life also processed on line. You might be able to draw a comparison shaming the UK when you talk to the Telegraph.
Richard

Pension insurance
Everything you need to know about Social Security retirement
The basic pension for employees in industry, commerce and services
Good morning,

New information relating to your payments is available on our site www.lassuranceretraite.fr.

To view your information, log in to your personal space.

You can modify or suspend your subscription to the “My retirement information” service at any time by clicking on Manage your subscriptions.

Have you lost your login details? Click here to get a new password sent to you.

Retirement Insurance thanks you for your trust and welcomes you.

Tout savoir sur la retraite de la Sécurité Sociale
La retraite de base des salariés de l'industrie, du commerce et des services

Bonjour,

De nouvelles informations relatives à vos paiements sont disponibles sur notre site www.lassuranceretraite.fr.

Pour consulter vos informations, connectez-vous à votre espace personnel.

Vous pouvez à tout moment modifier ou suspendre votre abonnement au service « Mes informations retraite » en cliquant sur Gérer vos abonnements.

Vous avez perdu vos identifiants ? Cliquez ici pour obtenir l'envoi d'un nouveau mot de passe.

L'Assurance retraite vous remercie de votre confiance et vous souhaite la bienvenue.

vivienne bentley walker

Mar 9, 2024, 1:26:20 AMMar 9
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
That's great news, it's definitely discrimination on our part, how can they index link some country's and not others

tan...@smartchat.net.au

Mar 9, 2024, 2:12:52 AMMar 9
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sandi

Easy stats to remember are there are just over one million ex-pat pensioners - just over half are not frozen and over 90% of the half million that are frozen live in Commonwealth countries.

Tony

Mar 10, 2024, 1:30:54 AMMar 10
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
hi every one i have wrote to the house of lords  regarding our frustration over many years lets see how far that takes us  ALEXANDER