Australian Federal Election - Don't miss your chance

Paul Swain

Apr 9, 2022, 5:30:32 AM4/9/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com

Hi Everyone!

There are reports on the news that Scott Morrison will call the election tomorrow.

That means that politicians will probably be out and about looking for votes.  Especially if you're lucky enough to live in a marginal electorate, that means that your chances of being able to make your point will be better than usual, either directly to the politician, or to one of their campaigners.

So it's a good idea to have a think now about what you might want to say to the politicians about frozen pensions.  You could also look out for any journalists who are on the spot, especially since cost of living is likely to be a big issue in this election.

There's no need to go full "angry punter" like https://twitter.com/ethanjham/status/1511681488504336389, but if you've thought about what you want to say beforehand, at least you won't have to come up with something on the spot, and possibly miss your chance.

If you're really organised, use your phone to video the conversation, post it to Twitter or Facebook, and then let us know about it here.  Or if you don't want to post it yourself, let me know about it and I'll see what I can do you get it online for you.

Good Luck!

Paul