RE: [bapanews] Frozen Pensions - impact on Aus pensions

Ellen

Apr 14, 2022, 4:50:08 AM4/14/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com

Good morning Elizabeth

Generally your Australian pension reduces by 50c for every dollar income you have – so you get to keep 50% of the increased UK pension.

If you’re on a part pension it could push you to a position where you get no Australian pension, then you’d be keeping all the increase (rather than 50%) but you might lose access to concession cards.
If you have no, or very low other income (under $4700 pa) your Australian pension is not reduced at all.

Circumstances where you would be worse off are extremely small I think. The exact impact depends entirely on your personal circumstances.

Details here : https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/income-test-for-pensions?context=22526

Sorry to send to all, don’t think we can reply otherwise. There might be others who are not sure as well.

Kind regards

Ellen