Interview with Mike Goodall

Paul Swain

Mar 15, 2022, 5:14:32 AM3/15/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com

Michael Goodall

Mar 15, 2022, 6:28:01 PM3/15/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Don't forget to sign the petition please as much to my surprise we are having problems reaching the 10,000 never mind the 100,000.  https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/601821
Give all the U.K. citizens living abroad, who have paid the necessary National Insurance Contributions, to receive the same State Pension payments as those resident in the U.K. U.K. citizens living abroad do not receive annual increase in pension payments. This is entirely unjust! Why should we not ...

Best regards,
Mike Goodall
Mar 15, 2022, 7:05:08 PM3/15/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the reminder, Mike. Just signed.

Annie Cory from my iPhone

mary barber

Mar 15, 2022, 8:44:38 PM3/15/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com

Marianne

Mar 16, 2022, 3:46:25 AM3/16/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
I thought I had signed and it was confirmed that I had sadly so cannot bump up the numbers even by 1

Jonathan Green

Mar 16, 2022, 3:46:46 AM3/16/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Signed! I think the problem is that the only people who will bother to sign this petition are the ones that it actually affects, but unless you are in a group like BAPA, you probably aren't aware of it. As for the rest, well they're "alright Jack" and would probably be more interested in a general pension increase rather than seeing the money going to us. Cheers! Jonathan Green.

Mar 16, 2022, 3:47:00 AM3/16/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Both my husband and I added to the petition. With over 200,000 people in Oz and NZ alone the numbers should go up! Why are people so hesitant to go on to petitions?

Sent from my iPad

d...@crawford.net

Mar 16, 2022, 3:47:10 AM3/16/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com

Signed

Give all the U.K. citizens living abroad, who have paid the necessary National Insurance Contributions, to receive the same State Pension payments as those resident in the U.K. U.K. citizens living abroad do not receive annual increase in pension payments. This is entirely unjust! Why should we not ...

Best regards,
Mike Goodall
Mar 16, 2022, 3:47:21 AM3/16/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com

I have signed and sent it to three other UK retirees in OZ.

Cheers

Barbara Lassiter

0438 775575

Tony OMahony

Mar 16, 2022, 3:47:33 AM3/16/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com

graceian halliday

Mar 16, 2022, 3:48:01 AM3/16/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
We are uk pensioners who have had our pensions frozen for many years - cannot sign this petition because we are Living in Australia
Perhaps it should be worded differently and you would get more signatures Grace Halliday

Sent from my iPhone

Alan James

Mar 16, 2022, 12:22:01 PM3/16/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
I am living in Australia and have had no problems in signing the Petition

From Alan James @ large

On 16 Mar 2022, at 18:48, graceian halliday <graceian...@hotmail.com> wrote:

 We are uk pensioners who have had our pensions frozen for many years - cannot sign this petition because we are Living in Australia

Sheila Whyte

Mar 16, 2022, 12:22:10 PM3/16/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
I have signed
.thanks to others. Come on everyone..let's make a big push !signing takes but   a  few minutes.

Paul Swain

Mar 16, 2022, 3:26:38 PM3/16/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com

graceian halliday wrote on 16/03/2022 4:25 pm:

We are uk pensioners who have had our pensions frozen for many years - cannot sign this petition because we are Living in Australia
Perhaps it should be worded differently and you would get more signatures Grace Halliday

Hi Grace!

If you are a UK citizen you are still able to sign if you are living in Australia.  Just click on the Location box, and it will let you select Australia.

Here's a screenshot showing the list of countries:

Let us know if that's not the problem.

Paul

mary barber

Mar 16, 2022, 7:18:34 PM3/16/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com

Chris Hill

Mar 16, 2022, 10:54:35 PM3/16/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
Whoops just signed again with my other email account. Have to see how I get on with all my email accounts.
There was an almost identical petition several years ago that got to 100000 but I guess our numbers are dropping. There was a brief mention in Hansard but only the parliamentary select committee debated it without any inpact

Mave

Mar 17, 2022, 4:30:35 AM3/17/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
I live in Canada and the only way I could sign the partition  was by giving a U.K. postal code.  I just signed and it said I was number 8,581.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 16, 2022, at 10:22 AM, 'Alan James' via BAPA <bapa...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

I am living in Australia and have had no problems in signing the Petition

Neta

Mar 17, 2022, 4:31:21 AM3/17/22
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
I had no trouble and we live in NSW.