Proof of life certificates- DWP. This could explain why we either don't receive POL requests at all or they are delayed beyond the return date. BBC News: What’s gone wrong at Royal Mail?

Chris Hill

Feb 25, 2024, 11:12:21 PMFeb 25
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

What’s gone wrong at Royal Mail? - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68382286

* Disclaimer *

The BBC is not responsible for the content of this email, and anything written in this email does not necessarily reflect the BBC's views or opinions. Please note that neither the email address nor name of the sender have been verified.

Bernie Treichel

Feb 26, 2024, 2:47:04 AMFeb 26
to bapa...@googlegroups.com
They are a total disgrace. Who are they there to serve - themselves?

I was stood behind a lady at our local post office in Perth and she asked the person at the counter 'what the cut off date for letters to reach Ireland for Christmas?' she was told 20th November. I couldn't believe it. What is the point of sending Christmas cards if they have to be posted in November. I now resort to phone calls, emails, WhatsApp or others.

Bernie Treichel

John Wilson

Feb 26, 2024, 4:44:52 AMFeb 26
to bapa...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I realised, quite a while (e.g. 5+ years) ago, that ‘normal’ UK postal service was not to be relied upon to delivery posted letter/cards, etc…

Instead of sending letters I now just email, or message, people.

For special occasions (e.g.  Birthdays, Festive occasions, etc..) I use MoonPig (online website) to  send cards as delivery is always good (i.e. on time) and prompt.

It’s not cheap but at least stuff arrives.

Don’t just go on my experience, or suggestion, as other companies (especially online) must exist that offer similar services/options.