Re: Digest for bankpensioner@googlegroups.com - 8 updates in 3 topics

vaidya nathan

May 24, 2023, 12:25:50 AM5/24/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
K Dorai Sir

Dream living is not good in younger days. It will spoil life.
But in old late years,  living in dreams is good, as it helps us forget present day to day miseries in life and  have happiness of  getting it late.   Lets us Dream Come True and Enjoy Lufe Now.  It is Positive Thinking  way to enjoy.

Vaidyanathan

On Tue, May 23, 2023, 4:28 PM <bankpe...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
mohan p <moha...@gmail.com>: May 23 07:58AM +0530

Attachment in Detachment
Written by Sudha Murthy, wife of Narayan Murthy.
Worth reading. Real eye opener for many of us.

****she writes 👇🏻****

"When my daughter, the elder of my two, wed and left home, I felt a part of
me gone.

With a daughter and a son, I know what both mean, differently.

When she was in her teens I felt as if she was my "physical extension" !

So when she left home to set up her own, I felt I lost a limb.

Next time she came to stay with us, I was astonished how her priorities had
changed.

We too must've given the same shocks to our own parents !

When she said Amma,
she meant her mother-in-law, not me!

I felt she was always in a hurry to go back to her house and not stay with
me for a few more days.

That was the first time, it dawned on me that I have to start practising
detachment with attachment.

Two years after my daughter’s marriage, my son left for higher studies to
US.

Having experienced a child's separation once, I was better equipped
emotionally.

I plunged head long into various classes held in the city starting from
vedanta to healing to ikebana -
I just wanted to be away from home..since my husband was a 24/7 workaholic.

My son used to write how he was missing my home cooked food, how he was
waiting to come back to live in Chennai with us ...

After a few years, he did come back and we got him married.

He started living separately with his wife and we were also happy that they
wanted to be independant from the beginning...

But now, it was all changed !

When in the U S, he missed my cooking, now if I called him to come over
with his wife for a meal, it was always some excuse like "oh, amma, we have
other plans for the day, please don't mistake us if we don't drop in today"
!

I could see that his priorities had also changed completely..

We talk so many things and give so much advice to others, but when it comes
to our own children, acceptance comes very late.
Our next step is to just leave them undisturbed
in every way.

It was at that time, that I made the following, my 'new profile'.

*In all my relationships , rather interactions, I give my best and do my
best to live up to what I say.*

My attachment with them is complete.

However, I remain detached in the sense that *I do not expect them to
reciprocate my affection.*

Most importantly, I make a conscious effort , *not to interfere or pass
judgements* on the lives they choose to lead.

My *concern for my near and dear ones will not fade with my detachment.*

If you let go of the ones you love, they will never go away –
this is the *beauty of attachment with detachment !*

I have learnt to love and let go.

This dictum has developed tolerance in me.

When *I let the people live the* *way they want to, I learn to accept*
*them for what they are.*

Most importantly ,
I learn to tolerate the world around me and this tolerance brings in me a
sense of peace and contentment.

Now *I have realised that we start growing* *mentally much more only after
the children leave the house* and we have to tackle the emotional vacuum,
that arises, along with age-related problems .

I specially dedicate this post to my friends, who are totally dependant
on their children's lives, to nurture their own selves emotionally.

Please develop your own intersts, hobbies etc, however mundane they
seem to be..

We must learn
*To love whatever we do instead of doing whatever we love !!"*.

🍀🍀🍀🍀

Very important to learn attachment with detachment with age.

🌹

Written by Mrs Sudha Murthy
JSOMA SHEKARA <jsomase...@gmail.com>: May 23 09:25AM +0530

Thank you Mohan Sir for very good information.

Sarangapani Rao <sak...@gmail.com>: May 23 08:18AM +0530

That's what Shrimad Bhagavat Geeta teaches 😊
Sarangapani

Hans Raj Manuja <manuj...@gmail.com>: May 23 10:50AM +0530

Excellent peace of advice by Ma'm Sudha Murty ! From today onwards this
would be my bible !

Srinivasan S <srisat...@gmail.com>: May 23 09:39AM +0530

I fully endorse what Mrs Sudha Murthi has written as relevant in every
senior citizen

vrsivaram...@yahoo.in: May 22 05:21PM +0530

No hopes of getting pension updation in near future, it is better to forget pension updation. This entire credit goes to UFBU

On 22-May-2023 1:54 PM, mohan p <moha...@gmail.com> wrote:

"The settlement can be signed in 2040 also. Will it be of any use to pensioners?"

Dear Friends,

The above,point mentioned by Mr Somasekhara, has significance as far as bank retirees are concerned.Barring a few most of the pre or post 2002 retirees might be at an age of 75-80 plus years,now!

An early resolution of Updation of Pension and DA related issues are need of the hour.

Let us hope that leaders of UFBU and IBA should have this pertinent point in their mind to speed up the process of discussion and arriving on consensus and submit their proposal to DFS without further delay.

Time and tide wait for none.

On Mon, 22 May, 2023, 10:03 am JSOMA SHEKARA, <jsomase...@gmail.com> wrote:

Unlike Wage revision, updation if at all happens will be from prospective date only. Every day pensioners are leaving this world without benefits. There are pensioners aged above 80 years. It is not ethical for trade Union leaders who have the right to negotiate updation to procrastinate discussions and talk sarcasticatically about aged pensioners.

We are fully aware that Updation is to be settled between IBA and UFBU. The settlement can be signed in 2040 also. Will it be of any use to pensioners?

For this discussion to conclude IBA and UFBU need data from Banks and actuary estimates. It has already been 30 months since IBA had a meeting with the workmen Union during 2020 when IBA assured that cost data will be obtained. Since then no attempt made to get cost data, actuary report and take discussions forward. Again in 2023 also IBA and Unions say cost data is to be obtained. Is it not the moral duty of Unions to explain the situation and status of discussions to pensioners?

Neither IBA nor UFBU opened any channel for Pensioners to interact with them and get clarification.

UFBU leaders need to think of aged pensioners, start discussions with IBA and settle issues at the earliest.

On Mon, May 15, 2023 at 3:29 PM kds nair <sasidhar...@gmail.com> wrote:

What is the background support for such arguments?Unions are aware of the situation.Retirees associations are much to be desired.Their leaders were once leaders of employees and officers.If these persons are not weeded out from retiree associations,we cannot gain any momentum in our efforts for achieving updation.We can blame our leaders who are now waiting for ufbu to deliver goods for them.

On Mon, 15 May, 2023, 9:56 am JSOMA SHEKARA, <jsomase...@gmail.com> wrote:

UFBU and two retiree associations are not interested in Updation, so it will never happen.

One must remember that since the time P.Chidambaram was FM , then Jaitley and now Nirmala Seeyharaman, AIBRF and AIBPARC submitting representations to DFS continuously and getting same reply from all FMs that Bank pensioners issues are settled in Bipartite settlements and there is no provision for 100% DA and Updation in Pension regulations.

So what action these retiree associations took to ensure that Pension regulations are amended to make provision for Updation and 100% DA in consultation with Unions. None. Instead they conducted dharnas to scare powerful governments.

Nobody even noticed it. Unions also since the PC regime are suggesting IBA to appoint actuaries but never demanded IBA to present cost data.

On Sun, May 14, 2023 at 10:37 AM kds nair <sasidhar...@gmail.com> wrote:

Why this type of post?

On Fri, 12 May, 2023, 9:37 am Dorai Krishnamurthy, <kris...@gmail.com> wrote:

Updation is possible only if CHV changes his attitude

K Dorai

On Thu, 11 May, 2023, 5:56 am mohan p, <moha...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sir,

Delay occured on various reasons as we observe.

Apart from Respondents

even Petitioners( retirees) have sought for adjournment of the above case for four weeks presuming that committe of IBA may examine the issues under the case .Interestingly Court had adjourned the case for eight weeks that time.(Ref Order Dt.1st Oct 2021)

The petitioners have to see how fast the case to be moved forward.

On Thu, 11 May, 2023, 3:54 pm antony rudolf, <antonyt...@gmail.com> wrote:

Why the supreme court keep on postponing the case without any valid reason?.Do they have some minimum ethics?.

On Wed, 10 May 2023, 3:52 pm Srinivasan Badri, <sriniva...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes tentatively posted to 4th July 2023. But permanently denied

On Wed, 10 May, 2023, 08:33 mohan p, <moha...@gmail.com> wrote:

SLP(C)5561/2016 Tentatively case may be listed on (likely to be listed on) 04-07-2023 (Computer Generated)

--

Visit our blog site http:://bankpensioner.blogspot.com

---

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bankpensioner/CAMCbyDTE5fAOvueyf-3iNN8W1Hm33pn_TYjt%3DoeSD1jtOKgAYg%40mail.gmail.com.

--

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bankpensioner/CAG-kmoPmrX2KF5u4XqQg%3DOEPwWupQJnP_GS2EaMLWXCff8iEow%40mail.gmail.com.

--

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bankpensioner/CAH_Z5ViXk325cakO5tnCSBcpFUYXEBPuVJSEkqT7TB2x9ZO0BQ%40mail.gmail.com.

--

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bankpensioner/CAMCbyDToNJtuWF%3DBNA4vFgXh0Xzh_YXnpXn6VEYW3XXgunuzHw%40mail.gmail.com.

--

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bankpensioner/CALqi0XfcJdiE0yr_A5h_GguQDEUOnbfu0qZEAG30rMMv7eAnUQ%40mail.gmail.com.

--

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bankpensioner/CALP-JsMBU%3DHVYHy7Lm4DeO2%3DJCOh5ATNYS2b1eDgGw9gdDiJKQ%40mail.gmail.com.

--

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bankpensioner/CAM%3DeiW0hVMmcVixdpCVAQsup-3gKYL5XrSM6wAoe8AdYQOKi1Q%40mail.gmail.com.

--

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bankpensioner/CALP-JsM3%3Dq-at1L%3D48NecsY6-D%3DgCPPXghp4NWJc5qnXub1iOQ%40mail.gmail.com.

--

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bankpensioner/CAM%3DeiW2zuaT3kcW23VVn%3Dc39g4YBE3-qN%3DEVJ6VnSUz78fyGyA%40mail.gmail.com.

--

Visit our blog site http:://bankpensioner.blogspot.com

---

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bankpensioner/CAMCbyDT117oSKfX-UuFSkFoeoY%2BVeRmu%2BoOY7Q1XmXzUcw366Q%40mail.gmail.com.
Vvns Varaprasadrao <varapra...@gmail.com>: May 22 04:07PM +0530

Even the Union leaders betrayed their believers and followers all these
days, leave alone the non believers.

But no other go than to rely on UFBU leaders and IBA officials.
We can't even dream about the progress in pension updation issue before the
end of 2023.

Dorai Krishnamurthy <kris...@gmail.com>: May 22 05:32AM -0700

Even now the pensioners are dreaming for the past so many years.

K Dorai

Kirti Oza

May 24, 2023, 6:41:59 AM5/24/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
Sir, what is news about special allowance to be included in counting of Pension , commutation and Gratuity as per court order of 2018.