Mani B

May 16, 2023, 12:37:57 AM5/16/23
to bankpensioner, Mani B
I received the following letter of forward by Nitin Gadkari, Minister for Road transports, to State Minister of Finance on pension updation issue of bank pensioners on a representation to him by Maharastra Bank Retirees Association (Representation copy not received). Pl see the attachments.

My comments are as follows:

This will be treated as another letter on this issue.

Unless AIBEA takes its heartful initiative for updation / revision of pension with IBA, nothing can be dreamed of, since the original EPS 1993 / EPR 1995 were signed only between AIBEA and IBA. Further II option agreement came into being by an agreement signed in 2010 again between UFBU (AIBEA is a part of it) and IBA only.

Hence, any agreement regarding pension updation, has to be an agreement between UFBU and IBA. Since both of them are least bother to discuss this issue for quite a long time of more than two and a half decades, nothing happened in all these days/years.

MoF has categorically stated that unless IBA forwards a proposal, they have no role on it.

Let's wait n see, what is there in store for the ailing bank pensioners.

,Bala

IMG-20230515-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20230515-WA0003.jpg

mohan p

May 16, 2023, 2:51:41 AM5/16/23
to bankpensioner
Dear Friends,

Certain realities we cannot
ignore,whether we like it or not.

Bipartite Negotiation between bank unions and IBA  on periodical wage revision,service conditions and post retiral benefits of serving employees is an established system recognised by GOI for more than five decades.

Yes.Still MOF reiterate the same

So we retirees have no other alternative ( except filing cases) than looking forward on discussions of UFBU with IBA to resolve our issues.

Though we have succeeded in few vital cases, on our issues,at present we do not have any specific  legal point in our BEPR,1995, on updation of pension to win a case.

Apart from issuing long circulars or letters to people who are not directly connected to resolve our issues,leaders of Retirees Apex organisations  should at least meet prominent  leaders of UFBU to sort out our long pending issues without further delay.

( Erstwhile Prime Minister  of India
Mr.Manmohan Singh too have found written  a letter  to FM  on our issues earlier!)

Some thing positive  should happen from bottom level!

--
Visit our blog site http:://bankpensioner.blogspot.com
---

Hans Raj Manuja

May 17, 2023, 12:10:33 AM5/17/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
I fully agree with Sh. Mohan P. Submitting memorandums to any leader, may be Mr Gadkari or even PM, is not going to serve our purpose . They would simply forward these memorandums to either FM or Minister of State for Finance and  they would put forth the same old rotten reply . Submitting memorandums to IBA also will bring no favourable response !
       It would be better if all the retirees submit their memorandums to Com. CHV and all other leaders of UFBU. Only they are capable of bringing us pension updation . Pension is a product of Bipartite settlement between UFBU and IBA . Courts will not interfere unless there is some violation of the settlement. If any change is to be brought in in the pension scheme, it would be possible only through Bipartite talks .

JSOMA SHEKARA

May 17, 2023, 12:12:10 AM5/17/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
Most of the retirees have served AIBEA/AIBOA for more than 35-40 years and participated in many struggles, paid subscriptions, Levy and were responsible for the growth of AIBEA.
There is a general impression among retirees that since UFBU achieved two issues,  5 day Banking and NPS issue, Updation issue is shelved and now moving to discuss 12 th BPS.
It has already been 3 months since the last meeting when AIBEA suggested to IBA to come up with cost data of retirees pertaining to different settlements. But IBA has not scheduled a meeting to discuss this issue.
CHV should respect the sentiments of old retirees and should  come up with a real status of Updation.

Ramesh Pandey

May 17, 2023, 12:12:10 AM5/17/23
to bankpensioner, Mani B
I  do not support approaching Governors...Communist leaders....all sundry MPs/ MLAs....That is a futile effort.

But Nitin Gadkari....Fadnavis...Nirmala Sitaraman....are heavy weights  Canvassing for their support is precious and helpful.

I support such efforts

CAPT PANDEY
EX-PNB

May 17, 2023, 6:15:38 AM5/17/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
Now my friends reached the correct track.All retiree associations should have pressurised ufbu years back.It is not late.Without loss of time,march to ufbu office and force them to settle our issues.

Niranjan Cn

May 17, 2023, 6:15:38 AM5/17/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
Being retiree officers, we still hold on to CHV ?  We have no faith in AIBOC or AIBPARC ?  Or we believe only CHV can deliver?

Niranjan

Niranjan Cn

May 17, 2023, 6:15:38 AM5/17/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
Good MORNING,

if AIBEA and IBA  are in a position to bring in pension revision,  what is the role of AIBPARC ? which is exclusive reitree officers assn .  What is the role of AIBOC and its affiliates?  Let them not claim credit for any pension revision and taking up these issues.

Niranjan

Asok Bhaumik

May 17, 2023, 6:16:12 AM5/17/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
You are absolutely right, Sir H R Manuja.

Hans Raj Manuja

May 18, 2023, 12:02:41 AM5/18/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
भाई साहब पहले रिवीजन होने तो दीजिए !
क्रेडिट की बातों का कोई मतलब ही नहीं ।

Niranjan Cn

May 18, 2023, 12:02:41 AM5/18/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
Sir are you joking??  Whether present day retirees influenced UFBU, while in service things would have been better.  All comments are made without understanding the issues associated with pension revision .  Those who are saying it is legal right , let them wait for Singlas case judgement..

Niranjan

kds nair

May 18, 2023, 12:02:41 AM5/18/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
After retirement,all are pensioners right from gardener to md.If we are keen on updation,we have to go to chv and other leaders of employees.