12 BPS ex gratia for resignees

Visvam Ambattur

Jun 12, 2024, 12:47:04 AMJun 12
to chv....@gmail.com, aib...@gmail.com, bankpe...@googlegroups.com
Respected Shri CHV Sir,

I am too small to appreciate your  achievements.

This is a representation on behalf of resignee-pensioners.

Background: resignees are paid pension "without"  monthly ex gratia payments.

I am sure the topic of monthly ex-gratia payment to resignee-pdnsions was already raised with your good self and  in several forums.

Some of the points in favor:
1. Resignees did not have pension in Oct 2022.  As we are taking notional DR for ex gratia calculation, we can consider notional Basic Pension in case of resignees.
2. Resignees are paid pension prospectively without arrears.  Same way ex gratia may be paid effective first pension payment
3. 12 BPS Benefits are implemented in a phased manner for a actual payments. Same rule may be applied in case of resignees to start ex gratia from first pension
4. Based on the underlying principle of ex gratia, it is unfair to deny ex gratia to resignees.
5. Commutation and retrospective effect are excluded as per settlement/MOU.  There was no exclusion for payment of ex gratia.

To add another topic of possible dispute, I may request resignees have to be given additional service of 5 years to calculate basic pension.

Humble request, please help resignee-members to have a fair deal.

With respectful regards,
RAMACHANDRAN S