DISCUSSIONS WITH IBA DT 28.02.2023-UFBU

mohan p

Mar 7, 2023, 8:18:38 AM3/7/23
to bankpensioner
Discussions with IBA on 28-2-2023

UFBU Circular: Another round of bilateral discussions took place between our Unions and IBA on 28-02-2023 in Mumbai. During this meeting, the following issues were discussed:
***
2. Updation of Pension:

 From our side, we have submitted our demand that the pension of all retirees upto October, 2017 should be updated and improved upon with particular reference to pre-November, 2022 retirees who are comparatively getting lesser quantum of pension. We suggested that the cost of such increase in pension should be calculated for each Settlement period from 1-1-1986 to 31-10-2017 so that the issue could be further discussed and negotiated with a view to cover as many Settlement period as possible and with a road map to cover all pensioners upto 31-10-2017. IBA agreed to provide the necessary details at the earliest so that discussions can be taken forward.
***

IMG_20230307_184152.jpg
IMG_20230307_184126.jpg

JSOMA SHEKARA

Mar 7, 2023, 10:44:16 PM3/7/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
Why did UFBU take almost 7 days to report this SMS like message on Updation. Shivsena union reported this same message  on 28th Feb itself.
We expected some more detailed  information with some clarity.
Let us hope  the improvement in Pension they are talking about will address the 100% DA anomaly and IBA will come out with cost details in the next meeting.

--
Visit our blog site http:://bankpensioner.blogspot.com
---

satyendra kumar bansal

Mar 7, 2023, 10:44:16 PM3/7/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
What is meaning of "pre 2022 retirees"as mentioned in circular...

Mar 7, 2023, 10:44:16 PM3/7/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
There is a rumour that all is not well with UFBU convenor and AIBEA, Hence delay in issuing circulars. Let us wait for Cir from UFBU.

CHIRAMEL MATHEW SIMON

Mar 7, 2023, 10:44:16 PM3/7/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
Since fresh round of taks is being started for revision of wages w.e.f 01.11.22, the updation of pension must be done for those retired upto 31/10/2022 (and not 31/10/2017)

mohan p

Mar 8, 2023, 12:41:46 AM3/8/23
to bankpensioner
Yes.It is an error,in Cir.
It should be pre 2002 pensioners.

parthasarathy ramanujam

Mar 8, 2023, 5:15:49 AM3/8/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
Sir, when is the next meeting?
Regards,
R. Parthasarathy

Ramani Konnayar

Mar 8, 2023, 5:15:49 AM3/8/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
To Mr. Chiramel Mathew Simon:

As per the above discussions, the BPS group upto which the present exercise of updation would be able to cover is not known yet. And, in any case, the updation can only be taken upto 11th BPS Scales of pay. Moreover, what would be the new scales of pay with effect from 1/11/2022 would be known only after the 12th BPS is signed. And, if the past experience is taken into account, this may happen in late 2024. So, it is too early now to talk about updating the pension of those retiring between 1/11/2017 and 31/10/2022.

JSOMA SHEKARA

Mar 8, 2023, 5:15:49 AM3/8/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
Whatever it is, let us hope IBA will come out with cost details of each settlement as promised in the last meeting. If IBA again plays the same tune of cost to be studied, being collected etc then it is as good as postponing updation to 2026, after signing of XII BPS.
Unions are in a hurry to start negotiations for the 12th BPS.

Anantharaman Tg

Mar 8, 2023, 5:15:49 AM3/8/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
It should be pre-2002 retirees.

May be typo error,

Ramani Konnayar

Mar 8, 2023, 5:15:49 AM3/8/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
To Sri. Sathyendrakumar.

It is a typing error. Instead of 2002, it has been mentioned as 2022.

Asok Bhaumik

Mar 8, 2023, 10:43:11 PM3/8/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
There is nothing new on pension updation in AIBEA cir. dated 07.03.23 than those in UFBU cir. dated 01.02.23.
It seems no progress on pension updation issue has been made during the last one month.
Now UFBU is pressurising for initiation of discussion on COD of 12th BPS forgetting their earlier stand.

Srinivasan Badri

Mar 9, 2023, 4:50:19 AM3/9/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
This type of discussion  will go on with no fruitful results. It will finally  end in a joint note unless our FM dept gives suitable  directions
 Pending  case  has come handy to delay.

JSOMA SHEKARA

Mar 9, 2023, 4:50:19 AM3/9/23
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
It is reported that one Mr.Vasant Vankudre, a retiree  , has filed a case in Kolhhapur Criminal court praying for stay on XII BPS until residual issues including Pension updation and 5 day Banking are resolved.
Court has served notices to several authorities including Unions to appear before it on 29.03.2023.