Updation

Raj Venkat

May 15, 2022, 5:51:01 PM5/15/22
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
Reply to Hon’ble PM’s Birthday Greetings to me.

Dear Hon’ble PM,

Sir, What is the use of your Birthday Greetings when you can not keep me happy otherwise?
I am 85 years of age. Old men of my age, who are Bank Pensioners, are on streets in your own City of Ahmedabad appealing to you for revision of their pension which has not been upgraded during the last 30 years. An intense struggle is being carried on by Bank Pensioners for the last 2 years, but there is no one to listen. Numerous appeals have been sent to the Hon’ble PM and the FM by these old men  and women, but the response is utter silence. The PMO feels that the matter pertains to the Finance Ministry, but the Finance Ministry feels that the matter has to be addressed by IBA. In between, there are bureaucrats in DFS who act as super controllers of Banks, sidelining the Banks’ Boards. The bureaucrats have all the support from the PM and FM and they are not accountable to any one. The bureaucrats in DFS are hand in glove with IBA and not allowing Pension Updation for Bank retirees, even though their own former colleagues and all other employees of your own Government get their pension revised periodically without fail. The officers in DFS do not respect law, natural justice and fairplay. They have no respect for the difficulties and sentiments of old pensioners who are dying everyday in large numbers.  They do not respect the Court Judgements. They know how to circumvent the Court Orders. They are sitting on the recommendations of the Chairman of SBI for the past several years, raising flimsy queries over and over again, ignoring the provisions of the SBI Act 1955, as if they are the controllers of the Bank’s Central Board. This way they ensure that no file is pending with them. If this is not red tapism, what else is?

Sir,  you do not know me personally. I can guess that one of your personal staff looks after this work of sending Birthday Greetings to citizens with the help of technology. I am also aware that you will not see this email of mine. It will be seen (or ignored) by another bureaucrat who enjoys your confidence, but he has a lot of brotherly affection for his colleagues in DFS. Therefore, no action will be taken to address the issue  referred to by me. Does not red tapism exist in the Modi Government? It does.
The Hon’ble PM talked about good governance. Sir, I humbly submit that I am a small citizen of our great country while you are a great leader and a most powerful Head of the State. I am nobody to question your administration and good governance. So, I never wanted to write this mail to you, as I can predict its fate as all my earlier appeals to you had met with. But your Birthday Greeting has provoked me to write. Kindly pardon me.

I humbly request you, Sir, to kindly focus your attention on the bureaucrats of DFS in your own Government to deliver good governance instead of making it a mockery of sorts. There is an appropriate time even to give charity. It does not behove well of your Government to treat the Bank Pensioners as beggars standing at the door steps of DFS expecting whether alms would be given at all, and if it can be expected, when it would arrive.
Sir, your Birthday Greeting does not make me happy at all so long as your administration does not protect the interests of Super Senior Citizen Bank Pensioners like me. I have high respect for your Hon’ble self, Sir, but it is waning out. I pray to God to bless you.
With respectful regards,
Your humble citizen,
N.R. Raghavendra Rao.

Balasundaram Ramaswamy

May 16, 2022, 1:55:54 PM5/16/22
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
A well drafted letter; whether PM sees it or not is a different question. The letter  has reflected the voice of many super senior Bank retirees.
We have to think how this letter is brought  to the attention  of PM& FM.  Whether a news paper advt  will work?
Thanks and regards.
R.Balasundaram

--
Visit our blog site http:://bankpensioner.blogspot.com
---

Shrinivas Parkar

May 30, 2022, 5:55:30 AM5/30/22
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com

I suggest 3 action programmes to get Pension Updation for all of us, as follows:-
1. Our Retirees Association to arrange a massive peaceful demonstration before IBA's Head Office at Mumbai or if not permitted by the Police then at Azad Ground. Our main point may be that IBA is delaying implementation of instruction of Hon'ble Finance Minister Respected Nirmalaji Madam. Near Azad Ground in Mumbai, Omni Cars of all TV Channels are standing to catch Events, who will give wide publicity of our Aggetation on TV. For this purpose, we may take assistance of Shri Vishwas Utagi, Ex Union Leader from Bank of Maharashtra. Shri Utagi is repeatedly called by TV Channels for Live Debates on TV on many Political/ Social Issues and may have good repo with TV Channels.
2. Similar peaceful Demonstrations may be arranged before Office of SBI Chairman, who as a Big Brother, has been given the job of Pension Updation by Hon'ble Finance Minister Respected Nirmalaji Madam but this SBI Chairman does not appear to not done anything. Retirees Association of SBI may also take suitable steps/ action in this respect.
3. We have observed that recently visits of Hon'ble Prime Minister Most Respected Narendra Modiji Sir in Gujarat have increased, most probably in view of forthcoming Assembly Elections in Gujarat, which is home state of our Beloved Hon'ble Prime Minister Most Respected Narendra Modiji Sir. Units of Retirees Association in Gujarat have to try to approach Hon'ble Prime Minister through local BJP Leaders. We have to inform to our Beloved  Hon'ble Prime Minister that despite clear instruction of Hon'ble Finance Minister, IBA is delaying the matter by unreasonable time. Financial Position of all PSU Banks have tremendously improved as compared to the period when Hon'ble Finance Minister Respected Nirmalaji Madam publicly announced her desire/ instruction for Pension Updation. if the instruction of Hon'ble Finance Minister is not followed by her Subbordinates, Wrong Messages may be spread, which may very seriously/ adversely affect shortly coming Election Campaign of BJP in Gujarat, Home State of our Beloved Hon'ble Prime Minister Most Respected Narendra Modiji Sir. Hon'ble Finance Minister may not take stand that she was not aware of the entire matter, because when she made this Public Announcement, she was already Finance Minister and was supposed to thouroughly know the financial position of PSU Banks.

Gopalakrishnan Ramachandran

May 30, 2022, 1:46:19 PM5/30/22
to Bankpensioner Google
First arrange a dharna or fasting programme from 9am to 5 pm in front of IBA's office. This will have a good effect.

Similar agitation before union offices will wake up them from slumber.

IBA and the unions are the main parties involved and so they should be reminded of their responsibilities.

G Ramachandran
CB-SVRS.

mohan p

May 31, 2022, 12:52:27 PM5/31/22
to bankpensioner

It is learnt that, a representation has been handed over to Hon. Finance Minister, Mrs.Nirmala Sitaraman today ie.31st May'22.by
AIRBEA, taking advantage of her visit for filing of nomination.

'She said that she is aware of the problems relating to pension updation and she has agreed to consider our request for free Medical Insurance for all. '
*** *** ***

Shrinivas Parkar

May 31, 2022, 12:52:53 PM5/31/22
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
IBA is Association of 235 Members consisting of Banks from both Public & Private Sector, Foreign Banks, Co-Operative Banks, Payment Banks, Small Finance Banks and other Service Providers in Private Sector. Only 12 Members are PSU Banks and majority Members are from other than PSU Banks. Still, the job of Wage Revision of PSU Banks Staff is entrusted to this Private Sector dominated IBA.
I feel this is incorrect.
At present IBA Chairman is from PSU Bank. Suppose, in future, if a Chairman of IBA is selected from other than PSU Banks, who are in majority, such IBA Chairman, unrelated to PSU Banks, may revise Salary of Employees of PSU Banks in such a way to demoralise PSU Bank Employees. This may adversely affect productivity of PSU Banks, which is against National Interest. In Indian Financial Sector, only PSU Banks mainly work in national interest.  Therefore, I feel that Wage Revision of PSU Banks may not be entrusted to this other than PSU Banks dominated IBA.

sastry n s

May 31, 2022, 12:52:53 PM5/31/22
to bankpensioner
Yes. You are right.

saradindu basu

Jun 1, 2022, 1:44:16 PM6/1/22
to bankpe...@googlegroups.com
As per one publication of RBI, total no. of employees in the Banking sector as on 31/03/2019 was 14,54,955. Out of it, 8,08,400 were  in Public Sector Banks; 4,76,390 in Private Sector Banks; 23,229 in Foreign Banks; 91,159 in RRBs and 55,777 in Small Finance Banks.

I am eager to know whether there was any IBA Chairman from the sector other than Public Sector Banks during last 3 decades.

Demand for sector-wise separate wage revision in Banks is not new and motives are understandable. Hope, no. of Public Sector Banks will not be reduced.

--Saradindu Basu.