Three new tracks this year: analysis, brains and cities

1 view

Rajesh Kasturirangan

Jul 5, 2013, 9:29:52 AM7/5/13
to bangalore-mo...@googlegroups.com
This year, we are expanding our model thinking and thinking with data experiments. We are moving toward a fully online system, building upon massive online courseware (MOOC). We call it a MOAT - massive online apprenticeship and training. We are starting three new MOAT's this year: each one is a novel one year online programme in three topics - analysis, brains & behaviour and cities.

If you are interested in any of our programmes, please sign up at this URL:

If you are not interested in the programme, or can't participate, we also have a newsletter (we call it a knewsletter) which will send you a daily dose of articles/papers worth reading. You can sign up for that here:

Each stream combines instruction, hands on projects and mentoring to provide a strong foundation in the subject. It will be an equivalent of a masters in the field and we will work closely (depending on the stream) with academia, industry and non-profits to give students the best training. Summary below:

Instruction: This will combine classes led by our faculty and support structures build around MOOC’s hosted by EdX, Coursera and Udacity.
Projects. Students will work in groups on substantial projects, i.e., projects that have direct business value for companies or academic value for research labs.
Mentoring. Students will receive mentoring from established figures in academia, industry and the non-profit world. The goal is to give students insight into trends in their domains of interest and network connections into those world.