[OT][ANN][X-POST] Update: 2011's first DevCamp Pune on Saturday, April 9th

Saager Mhatre

Mar 30, 2011, 8:10:51 AM3/30/11
to Geek Nights, pune...@yahoogroups.com, java...@googlegroups.com, PuneTech, PuneRailsM...@meetup.com, bangal...@googlegroups.com, bangalor...@googlegroups.com, bangal...@googlegroups.com, Bangalore OpenSolaris User Group, osug...@googlegroups.com, bangal...@googlegroups.com, Sriram Ram Narayan, Ajey Gore, Mohit Gundecha, Shardul Mohite, sur...@yournextleap.com, Bhasker Kode, ig...@googlegroups.com, PuneStartups, Imtiaz Master, Soumitra Limaye, Nibin Varghese, Roshan Dawrani, devcamp-...@googlegroups.com, techw...@googlegroups.com, Sergey Tashbayev
== Updates on DevCamp Pune 2011 ==

The team has been hard at work getting the stage set for a totally awesome event this year!

First off, I'd like to thank every one who helped spread the word about DevCamp because, as of this writing, the registration count is a little over 250!
So anyone who forwarded, cross-posted (or even spammed) on our behalf here's a big Thank You!
There were even a couple of requests from students for poster designs that they could put up in their colleges. That was unexpected and totally hardcore!

In the meanwhile, the team at ThoughtWorks has been grinding the wheels to get all the logistics in place. We're in the final stages of chalking out the setup at the venue and as always, ThoughtWorks is extending us all the help we need.

This year, we decided to go on a limb and do more than just talks. We're setting up a bunch of Workshops/Hackfests at the event too! Check out the Proposals page for details.

Also, if we can squeeze it in, we're going to try to do a Fishbowl somewhere in the later half of the camp. Couple of the guys at ThoughtWorks are brainstorming topics, but if you've got something interesting that could spark a discussion, feel free to add it to the Proposals page.

As for the talks, well, we had a couple of last minute cancellations, but the lineup is still looking pretty good. Even though all the topics might not be up, we've got confirmations from Baishampayan Ghose, Navin Kabra, Dhananjay Nene & Shakthi Kannan among others. But we can still accommodate more talks, so if you or your friends are interested head for the Proposals page now! You can also put up a topic on the morning of the event when we schedule our streams.

Before I close, I'd like to give a quick shout out to Playspan.com, who have volunteered to sponsor part of the expenses. Thanks a lot you guys.

And thank you all for the response and enthusiasm you have shown.
We hope to see all of you at the event and have a great time.