April 2018 Meetup

antonyrober...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2018, 9:39:37 PM3/11/18
to Bangalore Clojure Users
Hi,

The April meetup is scheduled to be held on 7th of April 2018,

We are looking for venue sponsor, those who are interested please let us know.

Robert Christopher

antonyrober...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2018, 11:42:58 AM3/23/18
to Bangalore Clojure Users
Hello,

We are looking for a venue sponsor, do let us know if you would like to see us have fun in your office :)

Thanks,
Robert Christopher

antonyrober...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2018, 11:15:13 PM3/30/18
to Bangalore Clojure Users
Hello,

To help you be prepared for the workshop, please follow the instructions below to setup your machine,

Setup Instructions

1) Java 8

You will need Java to work with Clojure. Run java -version in your terminal. If Java is not installed, please download and install it from here. Once you are done, java -version should show you a Java 1.8.x version.

Note: Java 9 is known to have issues with Light Table, the editor that we recommend for the workshop, and with some versions of certain Clojure libraries.

2) Leiningen

Leiningen is a Clojure command line tool used to manage projects. To install it, follow the instructions here. After installation, lein version should print both the Leiningen version and the Java version.

3) LightTable

LightTable is one of many Clojure editors. There are setups possible with vim, emacs and more, but for the workshop we will only support Light Table officially.

Please download and install LightTable from here. Note that on Mac OS, you may have to allow running the app in your security preferences to be able to open it.

Once LightTable is installed, open it and go to View -> Plugin Manager and search for "parinfer". Install the Parinfer plugin by Maurício Szabo. Parinfer is an editing system for Clojure that makes it easy for you to move Clojure code around without unbalancing parentheses. Although we'll have a small introductory session on Parinfer at the workshop, we also recommend going through the Parinfer documentation here.

These instructions are available in the conference workshop page too

If you need any help for the setup, please do let us know, we are available online through out this week

antonyrober...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2018, 12:47:15 PM4/6/18
to Bangalore Clojure Users
Hello All,

Hope you are ready with the system setup for tomorrow's meetup, if not, please follow the insteructions in this thread above, or we are available from an hour before we start the workshop, so that we can help you setup.

Do tweet about tomorrow's workshop, we are making it all the more exciting, we will be giving away IN/Clojure - 2018 goodies (T-Shirts & Stickers) for all the meetup participants.

For directions to reach the venue call Aditya (9158998967)

See you tomorrow

Thanks,
Robert Christopher