Anyone up for 100kms ride?

Suraj L.N. Swamy

Nov 22, 2017, 6:55:08 AM11/22/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hello members of BBC,

If you have missed the last week's action of Nandi Road Race -- Don't worry. We are ganging up to ride a 100kms towards Nandi base on the 26th to get the glimpse of long distance group riding.

Registrations open for CENTURY CHALLENGE - http://bit.ly/century_challenge

Cheers!

Suraj

Suraj L.N. Swamy

Nov 22, 2017, 6:58:48 AM11/22/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Also Here are a few things that you could do to keep yourself fit for the D-day:

-> Here is a link to the webinar on best practices of training and nutrition & hydration - https://goo.gl/qPY9X3

-> Here are best practices of group riding - https://goo.gl/6yvXT2

-> Here is article on post-ride streching -  https://goo.gl/jTGy2y

Cheers!
Suraj

Suraj L.N. Swamy

Nov 24, 2017, 8:02:57 AM11/24/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Now that you have registered for the BOTS century challenge, we hope that you are as excited as we are to complete this century (100kms) challenge.

You might have butterflies in your stomach, thatís absolutely normal.

*To help you in this attempt here are some quick tips:*
  • -> Be clear of the route - https://www.strava.com/routes/11011020
  • -> Kindly download Strava App (Play store/ios App store) on your smartphone to help you with Navigation
  • -> This will be a timed event hence be sure to finish the ride
  • -> Try to get at least 6 - 8 hours of sleep the night before
  • -> Eat a healthy portion of your normal food the night before
  • -> Do not try anything NEW with your diet
  • -> Spend 15mins of your time the night before to set aside everything you need for your ride tomorrow

*To ensure that we have a smooth and timely start:*
  • -> Start point: Specialized concept store, Infantry Road (https://goo.gl/maps/GrPU3xzmdMD2)
  • -> Plan to arrive at the start point b/w 5:15 - 5:30 am
  • -> We will aim to start the ride at 6 am
  • -> If you plan to purchase anything from the store then please come in before 5:30 am
  • -> We are expecting a big turn out on the morning of the ride hence we request you to be patient with the registration process

*Mandatory to be furnished by all riders:*
  • -> A well-maintained bicycle
  • -> Helmet
  • -> Reflective jacket (with big reflective pattern on it)
  • -> Front and rear light (with extra battery or charger)
  • -> Bib card
  • -> Completely filled up indemnity form (click on the link below)

*Essentials to carry on this ride:*
  • -> Two Spare inner tubes
  • -> Portable air pump
  • -> Multitool
  • -> Some cash and ID proof
  • -> Hydration and nutrition supplements as per requirement
  • -> Puncture patch kit

*Post the ride we have arranged for:*
  • -> Certificate distribution for finishers

Download the Garmin route file here & Indemnity form - http://bit.ly/century_documents

*Pls note: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY (HELMETS COMPULSORY). NO HELMET, NO RIDE, GO BACK HOME!*

All the best to you on for this century attempt.

Cheers!
Suraj