Commuting in the city - A cyclists series in The Alternative (www.thealternative.in)

Makepeace Sitlhou

Feb 22, 2014, 3:02:57 AM2/22/14
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
Greetings from The Alternative. We're an online media publication that focusses on sustainable living and social impact.

We ran a special series on community sports and social impact called Spocial Revolution series that in December last year and some part of January.

Apart from some good feature stories, we received an overwhelming response from the running community in Bangalore.

Unfortunately, the response wasn't as much from the cycling community despite us reaching to quite a few folks. But given that this city has so many enthusiastic cyclists (despite the worst roads and no lanes!), we're reaching out to more folks.

Thank you Mayank for adding me to this group to connect me with more bikers and to initiate my transition into a city biker. Some fantastic discussions and tips out here!

Would anyone be intereted in writing their journey/story of bike commuting in the city. You can submit your story in any form you like text/essay, photo essay, lots of memes/gifs or a video if you have one. The post needs to cover:

1. Life pre cycling - what are the main reasons that "drove" you back to the peddle.
2. Initial teething issues with the bike.
3. How did you overcome your challenges and set a routine?
4. Difference that you've seen in your health, motivation, energy levels and stress management/psychological health.
5. The routes that you follow and the places you discovered that you didn't know existed in the city.

Look forward to lots of inspiring stories coming from bikers here. You can email me on this address or send your story to contr...@thealternative.in

best,

Makepeace Sitlhou
Community Editor, The Alternative.