I am designer working with a leading bicycle brand (need help)

Retik Sharma

Nov 11, 2013, 11:49:56 PM11/11/13
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
hi

I am designer working with LEADING international bicycle brand. I am trying to come up with a new bicycle for Indian customers, so I am conducting a survey please help by filling it.
. I am attaching a survey file with it. you can mail it back on retik....@hotmail.com.

thank you
Retik Sharma
cyclist survey1.docx

anand raman

Nov 12, 2013, 10:50:51 PM11/12/13
to Retik Sharma, Bangalore Bikers Club
wow.. so looks like a spam and an email with a virus attachment. Sorry for jumping to conclusions but I am not opening this attachment.. An email from hotmail with a word document attachment. Meets my criteria for a spam & virus attack.

biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

Phone +91 98809 37073
Follow me here: http://twitter.com/diduknow
Follow my progress here: http://bit.ly/9adPcf

Nalla P Konar

Nov 12, 2013, 10:55:47 PM11/12/13
to anand raman, Retik Sharma, Bangalore Bikers Club
LOL Anand, even i had the same impression :)
But the sender's email is Gmail though he has asked the feedback to be given to his Hotmail id.
Also i "viewed" the doc as Google doc and it has survey details,

Rgds,
Nalla.
Rider of Cleated Warriors - Bangalore Bicycle racing team
Visit http://www.facebook.com/cleatedwarriors for more details

Retik Sharma

Nov 13, 2013, 12:53:58 AM11/13/13
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
hi
its not a virus. It is a survey which I am trying to conduct, please fill.! and you can send it to me on retik....@gmail.com or retik....@hotmail.com
Thank You

Karthick Gururaj

Nov 13, 2013, 12:57:39 AM11/13/13
to Retik Sharma, BBC
Retik,

It would be much easier to fill if you had created a google form
(https://support.google.com/drive/answer/87809?hl=en), instead of
sending a docx file. Not everyone will have MS Office 2007..

It would be easier on your end too.. since responses will be consolidated.
- Karthick

NRPS

Nov 13, 2013, 1:58:28 AM11/13/13
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
@Retik please create the google form asap and we will surely share our contribution towards a desi manufacturer.
Honestly i'm tired of lack of parts availability of imports.

deepakvrao

Nov 13, 2013, 2:11:53 AM11/13/13
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
Interesting question 12.

Abhay Kerur

Nov 13, 2013, 2:16:39 AM11/13/13
to NRPS, Bangalore Bikers Club
OR even better would be to put it up on surveymonkey site, you also get formatted result at the end for free and many more features with paid subscription.

Regards,
Abhay Kerur

Retik Sharma

Nov 13, 2013, 2:47:21 AM11/13/13
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com, Retik Sharma
hi
sorry for the inconvenience
here's the google form

regards
Retik Sharma

Anil Kadsur

Nov 13, 2013, 4:10:56 AM11/13/13
to Retik Sharma, Sharath Chandar
Retik Sharma,

Completed it.

This question i felt need to be changed (at least majority of the bikers here, it is too less...), felt amused....

How much do you Cycle per week?

1 - 3 kms
3 - 8 kms
8 - 16 kms
16 - 30 kms
more than 30 kms

it has be at least like this....

less than 50 kms
50 - 150 kms
150 - 300 kms
300 and above

Pradeep Naidu

Nov 13, 2013, 4:21:01 AM11/13/13
to Anil Kadsur, Retik Sharma, Sharath Chandar
yes, and also would like to have multiple options to click.. i was scratching my head between style /performance.

NRPS

Nov 13, 2013, 11:38:11 PM11/13/13
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
@retik Please note that we have some badass cyclists here !!
Do not underestimate the distances we ride, 20 km is jogging track lol .

NRPS

Nov 13, 2013, 11:42:02 PM11/13/13
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
@retik just fille dit up and about the price
price always depends on the parts used the better always costs more.
so I left it blank

berkeleydb

Nov 14, 2013, 8:20:28 PM11/14/13
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
Retik -- Am curious to understand the thought process.; why a new bicycle for Indian customers? I don't think in general, Indian customers need anything different than what various brands already offer. Is the intent simply to understand which specific type of cycle may be more in demand here? Or are you really thinking of a new bicycle? (From the questions in the survey, looks like it might be the former.)

Other than road (& traffic) conditions, I don't think there is anything special about riding in India, which will merit a very different bicycle for cyclists here. I can say that due to the road conditions, I personally suggest that people who are starting to cycle, & who don't have very specific requirements, should consider MTBs. Had it been a country where roads are generally good, I would suggest a hybrid or commuter road bike instead.

But in terms of actual preferences, I think other than the price factor that will make say bikes above Rs50K a bit of a rarity, we see people riding all kinds of bikes. For accessories too, I don't think there are any particular ones that cyclists here prefer in particular.

The Rs15-25K price range might be the sweet spot. And if we can get various parts like brake pads, cables, chains, etc. for cheaper, that would be good.

Re: the survey questions -- I think quite a few of them could be answered with multiple options, so check boxes might be a better idea.

Finally, can you share any details re: what sort of plans this bike brand has for India?

-{db}.

khuram k

Nov 15, 2013, 1:58:35 PM11/15/13
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
lol 30 kms per week... what a joke :) we have people in bangalore who do 20-25km commute one way every day :)

Yateesh Kumar

Nov 15, 2013, 2:26:11 PM11/15/13
to Pradeep Naidu, Retik Sharma, Anil Kadsur, Sharath Chandar

Best regards
Yateesh
990199153

sent from a smart phone. Pls ignore any auto-correct errors :)

On 13 Nov 2013 14:51, "Pradeep Naidu" <pradee...@gmail.com> wrote:

> yes, and also would like to have multiple options to click..

+1

anand raman

Nov 16, 2013, 5:46:10 AM11/16/13
to Yateesh Kumar, Pradeep naidu, anil kadsur, Retik Sharma, Sharath Chandar

Maybe it is just me but I thought that the questions didn't even convey a basic understanding of the cycling scenario unfolding here on this city. I didn't respond

Anand