Indecomm Global Services - Cycling Hour - promoting cycling to work

Abhirup Basu

Nov 22, 2013, 7:39:50 AM11/22/13
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
I jumped on the cycling bandwagon about 3 months back. Prior to that I would always watch Shaleen Tongia (Go Green) come to office on his cycle - the lone employee from Indecomm Global Services. Since then we have had 3 more people, including myself who are part of this small group, out of 275-300 odd employees at our MG Road location. About 1.5 months back Shaleen and I decided to encourage more folks to take up this option. We organized an informational session in our office which was attended by 30 odd people. We spoke about the many benefits of cycling and were encouraged by the response. We were expecting no more than 10 people to show up for the meeting.

With encouragement from our employers we took the initiative to the next level, to show folks that cycling to work really is a viable option. We received 25 nominations for folks who wanted to be part of our 1st Cycling Hour. We rented cycles from ICycle today and unfortunately had to turn away a few people as ICycle was able to provide us with only 18 cycles.

Today we went on a 6 km loop around our office located on MG Road. We had a couple of punctures en route and the participants got a first hand demonstration on fixing a puncture as well. We were planning on having this workshop next month. Any way I have enclosed pics from our ride this afternoon in a picasa album, and a few teasers here as well.

anil s kadsur

Nov 22, 2013, 7:58:53 AM11/22/13
to Abhirup Basu, BBC
Abhirup Basu,

Congratulations buddy. That is really wonderful to know.

Keep up the good work. There are some awesome bikers here, probably you can invite them as a guest speaker for the next bike workshop at your work place, that will make a good difference to it.

very truly,
anil s kadsur
http://kadsur.blogspot.in/

From: Abhirup Basu <kadd...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 04:39:50 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [BBC] Indecomm Global Services - Cycling Hour - promoting cycling to work
--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

Sanath Kumar S D

Nov 22, 2013, 10:40:06 AM11/22/13
to Anil Kadsur, Abhirup Basu, BBC
Congrats . . . .Really a Great job Abhirup

Thanks and Regards,

Sanath Kumar S D
--
Regards,

Sanath
+ 91 988 019 4896

berkeleydb

Nov 23, 2013, 11:12:53 AM11/23/13
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
Superb initiative Abhirup -- kudos!  Hope many more in your office take up cycling.  You might want to talk to the BOTS folks about their Wheel of Change program.  That too is intended to help employees / employers with cycling.

-{db}.