Re: [BBC] Chain Lubricant for btwin RR 5.3

Hari Krishna

Sep 12, 2012, 9:25:05 AM9/12/12
to Dinesh K, bangalor...@googlegroups.com
You can use finishline lubricants. Sewing machine oil works but you need to clean the chain and lube it often.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 12, 2012, at 12:22 PM, Dinesh K <dreamy...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I bought a RR 5.3 this weekend. Was wondering what type of lubricant you all use for the drive train of this bike.

The guy at Decathlon suggested Sewing machine oil. I am not so sure, if that would work. I do have a WD40 spray for my Motocycle's naked chain though. Not sure, if that would mess my RR's chain though.

Kindly share your experiences.

Thanks in advance.

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details

Shreedhar Ramachandra

Sep 12, 2012, 9:46:26 AM9/12/12
to Hari Krishna, Dinesh K, bangalor...@googlegroups.com
Decathlon Sarjapur has fresh stock of Finishline Dry lube

Arvind Ganesh

Sep 12, 2012, 11:16:23 AM9/12/12
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Do not use WD40, just google it.

Arvind Ganesh

Sep 14, 2012, 6:58:57 AM9/14/12
to Bangalore Bikers Club
It's okay for cleaning, do not use it as a lube. There are plenty of pointers on the internet, here is one http://bicycling.about.com/b/2009/02/26/wd-40-not-good-for-your-chain.htm
For cleaning, degreasers work better. More info here http://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/bike-chain.html

-Arvind

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Naseer Hussain <anwer....@gmail.com> wrote:
Arvind,

The WD40 shouldn't be used on the chain.? I use it for cleaning any dust for first and than lubricate with oil.

Please share your thought ...

Thanks,
Nash
--

"Stop Burning Fuel, Start Burning Fat, Start Cycling GO Green" !
  o___