Invitation to The Lumos Cake Ride this Sunday (Jan-25)

Gandharv Bakshi

Jan 21, 2015, 4:15:07 AM1/21/15
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks,
We are conducting a fun ride this Sunday (Jan 25th). We cycle for 20kms in one hour (Route - http://www.strava.com/routes/1306513 ) and then we make up for all the calories with a "Cake" party! This is the first of the "Ride and Gorge" series we are doing. You can register at https://www.facebook.com/events/313742828824312/

See you this Sunday!
Gandharv Bakshi

Burn the cake-01.png

Anil Kadsur

Jan 21, 2015, 4:29:07 AM1/21/15
to Gandharv Bakshi, Sharath Chandar
why eating cake just after 20 kms ride?

very truly,
anil s kadsur,

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

Prashanth Chengi

Jan 21, 2015, 4:31:35 AM1/21/15
to Anil Kadsur, bangalor...@googlegroups.com, Gandharv Bakshi

The cake is the motivation, Anil! The ride is to make the cake gorgers feel a little less guilty! :D Wish I could go!

/Prashanth

kiran

Jan 21, 2015, 4:35:15 AM1/21/15
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
I don;t think they will not mind you riding more than 20km.  But eat the cake :-)

Gandharv Bakshi

Jan 21, 2015, 4:36:07 AM1/21/15
to Prashanth Chengi, Anil Kadsur, BBC
Unless Anil is asking why not eat cake at 0km and 10km interval as well!

But honestly, this is a fun positive-calorie ride! I got a mail from someone suggesting we do a Spinach Juice ride, but we will hold that off for now!

Opendro

Jan 21, 2015, 5:37:48 AM1/21/15
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
People are inviting cyclists for whatever the occasion or motives. This is a good change ;) I will have to share this now!

Anil Kadsur

Jan 21, 2015, 8:28:31 AM1/21/15
to Opendro, Sharath Chandar
hehehe....

true, that is a good sign...

very truly,
anil s kadsur,

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 4:07 PM, Opendro <ope...@gmail.com> wrote:
Boxbe This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (ope...@gmail.com) Add cleanup rule | More info

People are inviting cyclists for whatever the occasion or motives. This is a good change ;) I will have to share this now!

Gourav Sengupta

Jan 21, 2015, 3:52:26 PM1/21/15
to Gandharv Bakshi, Bangalore Bikers Club
Mr. Baskshi,

I am all in. By the way your name reminds me of Byomkesh Bakshi.

In case you are not able to spot me look around, if it crosses your mind - "how come beggars have also started riding Canondale bikes", pretty much you would have spotted me.

By the way since the image says "BURN THE CAKE" don't you think that it will be wise to start by having the cake and work the route backwards?

Regards,
Gourav Sengupta
(PS: All posts are pun intended, meaningless and worthless, please refrain from finding any meaning, or value in them)

Opendro

Jan 21, 2015, 11:28:10 PM1/21/15
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
Whether you eat before or after the ride, the ride will burn the same amount of calories ;)

And if you do a real good workout, decent intensity, your metabolic rate remains high hours after the exercise. It is even more true if you starved in the exercise.

Anil Kadsur

Jan 22, 2015, 4:14:21 AM1/22/15
to Opendro, Sharath Chandar
Opendro,

"your metabolic rate remains high hours after the exercise"

Probably that is one of the reason why lot of people along with building their aerobic engine building tummy (in size) also!!!

very truly,
anil s kadsur,

Ashok Kumar

Jan 22, 2015, 4:16:43 AM1/22/15
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
Usually they make tummies first and then the aerobic engine, and the tummy remains.... at least true with me... :)

Opendro

Jan 22, 2015, 4:40:10 AM1/22/15
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
No Anil. By metabolism, I didn't mean the hunger rate. I mean the catabolism (harvest energy by cellular respiration) and anabolism (use energy for cellular reconstruction), neither of which means to build tummy (fat) :) I don't know the entire theory, but I know what it is like. You try working out real intensive for 24 hours with hardly any food. Never mind if intensity drops relatively, but it should be a hard work to the body's best level. Then eat as much as you can - carb, fat, protein, etc. after that. Just sleep off. See how those food you ate disappeared. In my experience, the best example was when Kiran, Ganapathy and I did the NEF Enduro (2013 I believe) with bare minimum food for 36 hours. The heaviest dinner we ate after that didn't even leave the usual morning emission LOL. Kiran and Gana knows exactly what I mean. I'm sure, a lot of the people here know what it means.

It is also true that muscles are hungrier than any other cells in the body. So, a person with decent workout leads to better muscle ratio and thus require more calorie intake. That is another way of looking. Fat tends to build on fat, while muscle will tend to burn off the calories.

Gandharv Bakshi

Jan 22, 2015, 6:44:32 AM1/22/15
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
Dear Gaurav,
Thanks! I saw that too growing up, though never ended up being as cool! But that is a fundamental question:

But as Opendro pointed out rather eloquently, scientific evidence weighs in favor of Cake later :) !

Gandharv

P.S: Next month, we will do an ice-cream ride (after I convince a few ice cream parlors to sponsor some ice-cream)!