OT: Chromoly 4130 tubing suppliers in Bangalore

Karthick Gururaj

May 12, 2023, 12:28:29 PM5/12/23
to BBC
Apologies for OT.

Is anyone aware of chromoly tubing suppliers in Bangalore? All google hits take me to Maharashtra.

Thanks!

/Karthick

Narayan R

May 13, 2023, 10:00:53 AM5/13/23
to Karthick Gururaj, BBC
If you know any formula car student they can get.

I think schlorian in Coimbatore are into it... What dias and thickness are you looking at ?
--
Biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
bangalorebikersclub.com

Karthick Gururaj

May 13, 2023, 10:34:40 AM5/13/23
to Narayan R, BBC
Hi Narayan,

Yes, Scolarian does chromoly frameset, I can check with them. Doubt if they will respond though :) But will check.

I'm looking for a tube about 1" - 1.25" outer dia, length about 1.26 m, able to withstand a bending load of about 150 kg (with a safety factor of 1.5 or better). As per my calculations, assuming yield strength of ~75k PSI, the min thickness has to be 0.1 - 0.15 inch. I found a nice calculator for checking the required sizing: https://www.roguefab.com/tube-calculator/ (these guys do roll-cages).

I need this for doing an indoor pull-up bar across a corridor. Because the width of the corridor is a bit longer, I'm running into some trouble. My hard constraint is the width of the tube and the outer diameter. I have a pull-up bar right now that is 1.75" OD, that is not convenient for all hand sizes. So, looking at max 1.25".

Regards
Karthick

On Friday, May 12, 2023, Karthick Gururaj <karthick...@gmail.com> wrote:
Apologies for OT.

Is anyone aware of chromoly tubing suppliers in Bangalore? All google hits take me to Maharashtra.

Thanks!

/Karthick

--
Biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
bangalorebikersclub.com
---

Narayan R

May 14, 2023, 8:03:59 PM5/14/23
to Karthick Gururaj, BBC
Karthik,

For your usage intent Displacement on load is your design criteria not YS or US. Check the mid point deflection and compare the two designs

With Regards,
R Narayan