Looking for cycling buddies for a trip to Mysuru in April last week. Is it safe to take the new expressway?

prajwal prakash

Apr 9, 2023, 10:31:22 AM4/9/23
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hey everyone,

 I am planning to go to Mysuru on cycle during the last week of April. I was wondering if anyone else is also planning to go and wouldn't mind some company? Alternatively, if someone is already going and doesn't mind me joining them, that would be great too! Also, I would like to know if anyone has travelled on the new expressway to Mysuru recently? Is it safe for cyclists to ride on the expressway? Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Deepak Majipatil

Apr 9, 2023, 11:37:16 PM4/9/23
to prajwal prakash, Bangalore Bikers Club
They won't allow two wheelers on the Expressway. Not safe at all if they allow with so many fast moving vehicles and not maintaining same lanes.

--
Biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
bangalorebikersclub.com

db

Apr 19, 2023, 6:30:12 PM4/19/23
to Bangalore Bikers Club
The new BLR-Mysuru expressway would be a strict non-no for cyclists... unless it's some organised event.

But with the new expressway opening up, the BLR-Mysuru highway probably is lot safer for cyclists now?

-{db}.
.
.