BBCh 6 - planning, status, news and updates (one thread for it all)

Rohan Kini

Oct 8, 2009, 11:30:39 PM10/8/09
to bangaloreBikers
bangalorebicyclechampionships.com

9 more days to Race Day (18th Oct) ! And its a cross country race this time around.

Ravi has some nice trails up his sleeve in the Sarjapura area. Something along the lines of BBCh3
More details about the trail, timings etc to follow on this thread.

so start registering - http://www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com/register/

(will be having a separate thread for folks who want to volunteer/marshal so that we can get things off the ground)

Neera

Oct 9, 2009, 2:15:26 AM10/9/09
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Groan....I CANT ! I love TRAIL Races.....but my Screwed up arm wont
take it Yet! GROAN! :-( ....Registering for Volunteering though.

On Oct 9, 8:30 am, Rohan Kini <rohan.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *bangalorebicyclechampionships.com
> *
> 9 more days to Race Day (*18th Oct*) ! And its a cross country race this
> time around.
>
> Ravi has some nice trails up his sleeve in the Sarjapura area. Something
> along the lines of BBCh3
> More details about the trail, timings etc to follow on this thread.
>
> so start registering - *http://www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com/register/
> *
> *
> (will be having a separate thread for folks who want to volunteer/marshal so
> that we can get things off the ground)*

Rohan Kini

Oct 13, 2009, 3:23:44 AM10/13/09
to bangaloreBikers
updates to BBCh6 (race this Sunday)

Ravi has found a really nice race route in Sarjapur. A couple of us will be riding this trail tomorrow morning and then heading to work.
Plan is to ride around 6:30am maybe for 1 - 1.5 hrs.

Which means we will have more concrete details about the race route, and driving directions by tomorrow nite.

Till date we have only 2 volunteers !!
If there are more volunteers who can help with the race on Sunday please go ahead and register here - http://www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com/register/

Others who simply want to race, Register here - http://www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com/register/

Get your bikes ready folks.. its a trail ride so keep all the slicks and roadie wheel sets aside. You can keep the spandex on ! snicker...

hidish

Oct 13, 2009, 4:37:48 AM10/13/09
to Rohan Kini, bangaloreBikers
hi rohan

would like to join you guys tomorrow morning.
where do i meet?
--
hidish

www.bent.co.in
www.bent-by-design.blogspot.com

Pankaj C

Oct 13, 2009, 4:53:11 AM10/13/09
to Bangalore Bikers Club
I might also join you guys. A good excuse to take out my MTB again.
Do let me know the meet up details.

Cheers
Pankaj

Rohan Kini

Oct 13, 2009, 9:04:22 AM10/13/09
to Pankaj C, Bangalore Bikers Club
we were planning to meet at 6:30am - outside the Wipro Campus on Sarjapur road.

amrish

Oct 13, 2009, 9:45:25 AM10/13/09
to Bangalore Bikers Club
I might drop in too.

On Oct 13, 6:04 pm, Rohan Kini <rohan.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> we were planning to meet at 6:30am - outside the Wipro Campus on Sarjapur
> road.

Pankaj C

Oct 13, 2009, 11:48:17 AM10/13/09
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Ok great. I will see you guys tomorrow then.

Cheers
Pankaj

On Oct 13, 6:04 pm, Rohan Kini <rohan.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> we were planning to meet at 6:30am - outside the Wipro Campus on Sarjapur
> road.
>
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Pankaj C <pankaj.chuladh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > I might also join you guys. A good excuse to take out my MTB again.
> > Do let me know the meet up details.
>
> > Cheers
> > Pankaj
>
> > On Oct 13, 1:37 pm, hidish <hid...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > hi rohan
>
> > > would like to join you guys tomorrow morning.
> > > where do i meet?
> > > --
> > > hidish
>
> > >www.bent.co.inwww.bent-by-design.blogspot.com- Hide quoted text -

Nadana Sigamani

Oct 13, 2009, 11:32:32 AM10/13/09
to Rohan Kini, bangaloreBikers
Hi guys,

I want to volunteer for the race and will see you all tomorrow morning at Wipro Campus to check the trail.

Siga

Georg Leuzinger

Oct 14, 2009, 2:52:23 AM10/14/09
to Nadana Sigamani, Rohan Kini, bangaloreBikers
Hi ravi and Rohan,
shifting house at the moment and zero time except to participate in the race not to miss  the fun.so see you sunday!
Georg

Rohan Kini

Oct 14, 2009, 3:54:57 AM10/14/09
to Pankaj C, Bangalore Bikers Club
we canceled the Recce today because of bad weather. Sent an sms to folks who said they would come.
Hope no one was waiting at the Wipro entrace.

ok .. the plan is to ride tomorrow.
Same time 6:30am .. same place - Wipro campus.

Pradeep B V

Oct 14, 2009, 4:35:08 AM10/14/09
to Rohan Kini, Pankaj C, Bangalore Bikers Club
On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 1:24 PM, Rohan Kini <rohan...@gmail.com> wrote:

ok .. the plan is to ride tomorrow.
Same time 6:30am .. same place - Wipro campus.

I would like to join in tomorrow. Will see you at Wipro gate.

Pradeep B V
--
Tour of Nilgiris
www.tourofnilgiris.com

Ravi Ranjan

Oct 14, 2009, 4:38:17 AM10/14/09
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Can we do it day after?
I have some engagement in the morning..!
~Ravi

Rohan Kini

Oct 14, 2009, 7:22:37 AM10/14/09
to Pradeep B V, Pankaj C, Bangalore Bikers Club
ok .. had a quick chat with Ravi (since he is unable to make it tomorrow)

We are doing a ride tomorrow morning - recce the route, take pics, get the driving directions.

cya all at 6:30am.

nilesh dhumal

Oct 15, 2009, 12:16:40 AM10/15/09
to Rohan Kini, Pradeep B V, Pankaj C, Bangalore Bikers Club
SOS SOS SOS SOS SOS
WE ARE LOST NO TRAILS WHER IS THE TRAIL GUIDE

NELLY

Manjula Sridhar

Oct 15, 2009, 12:57:42 AM10/15/09
to nilesh dhumal, Rohan Kini, Pradeep B V, Pankaj C, Bangalore Bikers Club
Status update !! See the pic (not sure if it would allow).

-manjula.

DSC_0970.JPG

Rajat Agrawal

Oct 15, 2009, 1:08:06 AM10/15/09
to Manjula Sridhar, nilesh dhumal, Rohan Kini, Pradeep B V, Pankaj C, Bangalore Bikers Club
I am guessing... The disappearing of Premier Padmini

-Rajat

Manjula Sridhar

Oct 15, 2009, 1:11:43 AM10/15/09
to Rajat Agrawal, Bangalore Bikers Club
This trail is going to be toughest ever provided we find it :-)

Anyway glad to update we managed to get out of the clutches of  angry nature and returned to civilisation half an hour ago :-)

Venturing their again tomorrow,

-manjula.

Yogesh N. Rao

Oct 15, 2009, 1:18:40 AM10/15/09
to Manjula Sridhar, Rajat Agrawal, Bangalore Bikers Club
Matha, Pitha, Guru, Devam.

Historically, we have always put Guru next to Dad and Mom and higher than God. How were you guys planning to find the trail without the almighty guide?

Ravi, I guess I just elevated you a step higher than God! Now, get ready to play mom and dad.

Apurv Manjrekar

Oct 15, 2009, 3:24:48 AM10/15/09
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hi,

The TDF route for 2010 seems to be finalized. The race goes thru
Tourmalet twice in 3 days in opposite directions. Will be quite an
exciting Tour next year.

Thanks and Regards,
Apurv Manjrekar

Pankaj C

Oct 15, 2009, 5:09:25 AM10/15/09
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Changing the subject back to the original.
Apurv, please start a new thread if you want to discuss TDF2010.

Cheers
Pankaj

On Oct 15, 12:24 pm, Apurv Manjrekar <apurv.manjre...@gmail.com>

amrish

Oct 15, 2009, 11:10:07 AM10/15/09
to Bangalore Bikers Club
I guess we are meeting tomorrow at wipro, 6:30 am. Plz confirm.

Bhupinder Singh

Oct 15, 2009, 11:55:01 AM10/15/09
to Bangalore Bikers Club
You mean tomorrow coming tomorrow or gone today?