Chintamani 200 BRM

Bangalore Randonneurs

Oct 18, 2016, 6:19:44 AM10/18/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
We are back with our inaugural ride of the new season. And it is scheduled on the very first day, 1st Nov 2016.

This would be one of the easiest rides we'll put this year. A perfect one for newbies to venture into BRMs. 73 riders finished this ride in the current season. Most of them were first timers and many from the lot eventually went ahead and earned the famed 'Super Randonneur' title. For seasoned riders, this is the best opportunity to improve their personal best time.

The ride starts from Airlines Hotel and passes through Chikkaballapur, Chintamani, Kolar, Hoskote and back to Airlines. It will also take you through picturesque villages, lush green fields & rail road along the route.

Be it celebrating the 'Karnataka Rajyotsava', burning the calories accumulated during the festive season, making the best use of a holiday or for the sheer joy of riding, find your own reason to join this ride.

So, 'Be There, Do That'.

Note: Those who are new to Audax India or their membership is expiring on 31st Oct 2016, please register here for annual membership.

http://www.audaxindia.org/member-registration.php

vivek

Oct 18, 2016, 7:48:12 AM10/18/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hi Bangalore Randonneurs,

Is the annual membership mandatory to ride this Brevet or is there an option to pay for only one brevet?

Regards,
Vivek

Rishi Rao

Oct 18, 2016, 11:50:12 PM10/18/16
to vivek, Bangalore Bikers Club
Same question as Vivek. Also, could this be done on the 30th or 31st? Will give time to recover for work on the 2nd.

Rishi Rao

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

Bangalore Randonneurs

Oct 19, 2016, 3:32:12 AM10/19/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hi Vivek,

Annual registration is not mandatory. You can always choose "One Time Rider? Join Now" option in the 'Register' page.

Regards,
Alok

Bangalore Randonneurs

Oct 19, 2016, 3:37:19 AM10/19/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club, vivek....@gmail.com
Hi Rishi,

The BRM calendar year always spans from Nov to Oct next year. And this ride is scheduled on the first day of the season :)

Regards,
Alok.

vivek

Oct 19, 2016, 7:28:41 AM10/19/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Thank you. I think the website has adequate information. Missed realizing it.

Regards,
Vivek

itisravi

Oct 19, 2016, 1:35:00 PM10/19/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hello,

Some N00b questions about the rules and regulations:

1. Article4: "Each rider must be covered by liability insurance, either by a group policy or by a personal policy." --> How do I get one? I have a personal LIC policy. Will that suffice?

2. Article8:" Self-sufficiency"--> Does this also mean the riders have to make their own arrangement for food and hydration? Are replenishments (water mainly) available for purchase at the manned checkpoints?

Other queries:
- What rider gear/support does the Rs.400 Event fee include (if at all)?
- Since this is not a night ride, bike lights are not mandatory? Do we need to bring reflective vests?

Apologies if the questions are answered elsewhere, in which case it would be nice if you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
Ravi

Chidambaran Subramanian

Oct 19, 2016, 9:45:26 PM10/19/16
to itisravi, Bangalore Bikers Club
When we were conducting the ACP brevets, I believe we investigated the insurance part but it was not tenable.

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 11:04 PM, itisravi <cybe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

Some N00b questions about the rules and regulations:

1. Article4: "Each rider must be covered by liability insurance, either by a group policy or by a personal policy." --> How do I get one? I have a personal LIC policy. Will that suffice?

2. Article8:" Self-sufficiency"--> Does this also mean the riders have to make their own arrangement for food and hydration? Are replenishments (water mainly) available for purchase at the manned checkpoints?

I'll let the organizers answer about the purchase of water. You arre expected to be self sufficient in the sense that you don't expect support fromt he organizers. You can utilize commercial establishments along the way , shops, hotels , etc. No restrictions there. It is just that you are also not expected to use your own personlized support in the form of a support car, etc.

On Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 3:49:44 PM UTC+5:30, Bangalore Randonneurs wrote:
[...]

Bangalore Randonneurs

Oct 20, 2016, 4:00:54 AM10/20/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hi Ravi,

1. Insurance: We'll not be asking for any proof. And all riders will sign an Waiver Form before starting the ride.
2. Self-Sufficiency: Water and some other refreshments will be available at manned control at no extra cost but in limited quantity. Please note there is only one manned control along the route.

3. Event fee includes Brevet Card & Homologation from ACP, hydration and nutrition support at manned control.
4. Lights and reflective vest is absolutely necessary as the ride starts and ends in low light conditions.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Alok

Opendro

Oct 20, 2016, 4:56:43 AM10/20/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
General assumption is that the visibility can go bad anytime during the day too due to whatever reason.

Prashanth Chengi

Oct 20, 2016, 5:27:03 AM10/20/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
All riders who sign up for brevets hope to be able to finish, and that too well within time, but shit does happen and things do go wrong. Even though one might think that a 200 should not take too long, a couple of punctures or mechanical issues might easily mean that natural light is gone. Having high visibility vest and lights could be what saves you from turning into roadkill. Please don't ever think of skipping on them, to save on weight etc. It's simply not worth the risk.

/Prashanth

itisravi

Oct 20, 2016, 8:04:02 AM10/20/16
to Bangalore Bikers Club
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to bangalore-bike...@googlegroups.com.

All right, thanks for the replies everyone.
-Ravi

Jagannath Moorthy

Nov 1, 2016, 11:14:42 PM11/1/16
to itisravi, Bangalore Bikers Club
I have a question about brevet riding. If we ride together in a group, we can benefit significantly by drafting each other thus saving a lot of energy. My assumption was that it was OK as long as all the riders in the group were participating in the brevet, i.e. you cannot ride behind other vehicles outside the brevet for significant periods of time. But someone mentioned to me that this wasn't allowed in brevet riding. Is that true?

Chidambaran Subramanian

Nov 1, 2016, 11:52:57 PM11/1/16
to Jagannath Moorthy, itisravi, Bangalore Bikers Club
You can help each other in a brevet. Draft each other. You can't take external support .

Sanath Kumar S D

Nov 1, 2016, 11:58:16 PM11/1/16

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 8:44 AM, Jagannath Moorthy <jagan...@gmail.com> wrote:

--