Teaching adults how to cycle

Ali Poonawala

Dec 4, 2022, 9:34:41 PM12/4/22
to Sharath Chandar, GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club)
Hi friends..

We had both, Cubbon Park and Begur, sessions.

As always, starting with Ganesh reporting about Begur session

"
4-Dec-2022

Begur: Learner 3, Trainer 1

Deepa was on time and waiting before I reached and as we got started were soon joined by Saptarshi and Manjusha.

A few months of break without any practice in the time just when Deepa was getting comfortable riding on her own has taken her back significantly. Good thing to witness and realise is that cycling skill may fade but never vanishes. I am sure many here who joined us with the self doubt will agree with me from how quickly they revived their long abandoned skill. It took a couple of rounds for Deepa for the rustiness to wither and ride on her own. Needs much more regular practice and work on her lurch in next session.

Saptarshi is a new joiner and completely new to cycling with loads of anxiety. Got started with him next, asking to keep aside all his anxiety of typical time needed to learn, body size, fear of falling and so on and just focus on learning and allow it as much time it takes. No two learners are same, learn from others but avoid comparison. He is getting used to the bike well and we tried different ways for him to get comfortable with pedalling. He must be seeing good improvement in next session.

Manjusha needs little help and was mostly on her own doing straight lines, literally sticking to the painted line on the road side. She was not confident of smooth start and stops which we practiced by stopping frequently at shorter distances and on random calls to 'stop' and 'start'. At this stage, she is ready to start doing circles but in the absence of a safe place around here, I will ask her to plan for a few weeks of training at our Cubbon center beyond next session at Begur.
"
Thanks Ganesh 👍💐

Coming to Cubbon Park session :

This weekend too I was unable to join and so collating rather than contributing!

Parag's report

"

Big turnout today, we had 6 learners waiting by the time Junaid came with the key.
Trainers- Parag,Junaid, Naga, Krishna, Vishy (2nd session as trainer) and his wife Sudha (newbie trainer)

Newbies
Vishalakshi - Psychiatrist from NIMHANS, had cycled as a child and picked up quickly after a few rounds of scooting, started pedaling up and down, and some circles. Next will be turning and signaling. She has promised to come back and teach as well.

Karishma- Social Worker from Mumbai. Did scooting, and started on pedaling.

Divya- Practiced scooting mostly on the scooting bike

Seniors
Rathna- Confidently pedaling now, and starting to do circles.

Sonal- Cracked balancing,and did circles, and also straight up and down on the outside lane.

Prateek- Almost fixed his lurch, is able to cycle up, down and do circles. Next is turns. He also helped other learners today, while waiting for the bike.

Isra - Confidently pedaling up and down now though there is still a slight lurch, and also did circles and a bit of riding outside.

Leisha - Came after a break, had go get back to practicing scooting and pedaling.

Likisha-  Came after a break, had go get back to practicing scooting

"
Thanks Parag 😊

Junaid :
"
Started the day with, and first off the block, was Sonal continuing from last week, started off and got the balance with just a few tries ! Congratulations !

 Next were Sulagna and Karishma both first timers and Sulagna almost got her balance right and I am sure both will get it in the next session.

Divya was scooting and will try again next week.

Amna texted me, she wouldn't make it, down with cold, cough and headache and will come next week,

Trainers : Parag, Vishi, Sudha, Naga and Krishna in attendance and supporting were Rajesh and Umar for the train the trainers program.

Rajesh was evaluated and cleared Umar did not want to be evaluated and does not want a certificate !

Left for the day after breakfast, courtsey Krishna !

Thanks Krishna !

"
Thanks Junaid for a breezy account.💐🙏

Krishna's :

"
My report
I entered with parag, vishwanth and his wife Suma. Junaid joined with the keys. All on time. Very bright day. Very good no of students. All have been very sincere and serious learners. Those with one or two seasons experience, have reached very good level of balancing. Riding but yet not road worthy though. I have enthused confidence with talk is group. Indivisual reports will be from parag and Junaid plus vishy and sudha. Naga was with us. Ended in bright note.

 Thanks Krishna ☺️👍

And Naga Prakash chimes in :
"
Student: Divya
Trainer: Naga
Divya an IT consultant came to learn because she wanted to fulfill her dream to learn. She did well today. Able to scoot a bit require another session to master it and move to next level.
"
Thanks Naga !🙏💐

Hoping to rejoin the session next weekend ..till then.

Keep pedalling!

Warm regards
Ali Poonawala
IMG-20221204-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20221204-WA0016.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Dec 11, 2022, 9:43:50 AM12/11/22
to Sharath Chandar, GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club)
Hi friends !

Cyclone Mandous (Treasure box!🥺 as per IMD, Indian Meteorological Department) was splattering it's riches all over south since past day and half and convinced Ganesh enough for him to call off the Begur session.

Cubbon Park session :

Junaid's perspective:
"
Ali and myself came right on time a Very pleasant day with light Rain and fog  and the lone learner Amritha came in (just when we had given up hope) and made our day 👍 she took off from the word go and had good control and was practicing turns, control, hand signals confidentially. Babloo a past student was the other visitor and had a couple of rounds on the foldie and after the photo session  we dispersed hoping the weather is more pleasant the next week around 👍
"
Thanks Junaid !🙏😍

My rehashed version :
"
By the time Parag called me, for us at Cubbon to follow the suit, I was already half way to Cubbon and honestly, I love riding in the rain ! So I invited bravehearts to come as planned and kept moving...

Junaid and myself reached the Primary area at the same time and were soon joined by a roly poly lad sporting glasses, shuttle rackets slung over shoulder and his dad in tow...Dad was.... Rajesh ?!  and the penny dropped... this is Babloo !! Hugged the larger version only to be told of his bicycle being stolen couple of days ago.😩
He went off on the Foldie for a couple of rounds and came back, eyeing Junaid's Colnago ! 😍 he was rewarded and managed a round without any calamity. Went back to the Foldie for a longer spin and our only student of the day, newbie Amritha arrived, to make our day's trip worthwhile.

She has been riding two wheeler so balancing was no issue and in no time zoomed through the whole bicycling curriculum at breath taking speed, the whole works...left tilt stance, pedalling, circle, figure of eight, hand signalling and tripod half pedal was over in thirty minutes !

Junaid fast forwarded a recommendation, her admission to volunteer  group, catching her and me off guard with hesitant nods from both of us !

A mini group photo and we dispersed..

Hope we go back to normal next week end🤞🤞

Till then...
Keep pedalling

Ali Poonawala

2022-12-11 20-00.jpg
2022-12-11 20-01 (1).jpg
2022-12-11 20-02.jpg
2022-12-11 19-59 (1).jpg
2022-12-11 20-03.jpg
2022-12-11 19-58.jpg
2022-12-11 19-58 1 (1).jpg

Ali Poonawala

Dec 20, 2022, 4:00:46 AM12/20/22
to Sharath Chandar, GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club)
Hi friends !

Sunday session report coming a bit late !

 Begur session
was a 'no show' as

Ganesh reports :

"
18-Dec, Begur

1 registered learner messaged in absence last night. No walk ins from 8 am to 8:30 am.

"

Thanks Ganesh..
and hope you used the day for your TOT practice  ! All the best !!

Cubbon Park session:

Pre session, attended GoGreen Initiator Club 14th annual gathering in Jayanagar. Parag and Krishna completed BBS representation.  It was wonderful to see Parag in the founding members line up 💖 Tried to drum up volunteers for "Pedal Shale" from ladies  (and men too! ) attending the event.. Bijoy, Mira and Ram, Altaf Hussain ,Dr. Nilofer and Sujata I spoke to. Suma promised to join today after the event.

Those who wish to join this wonderful cycling group:

On our way met Opendro Singh near cosmopolitan club. An understated super athlete, he is practising for reducing  Chennai Marathon timing !

Katraj gang helped out with cycles. Junaid has found a hide out for posters! Clever dude !!

Trainers: 5
Parag, Junaid, Naga, Ali, Krishna.

Newbies : 3
Priyanka, Yashasvi, Nethravathi,

Seniors : 6
Prateek, Sonal, Visalakshi, Leishha- Lekisha twins, Karishma

Hellos :
Naga's Cult lead rider colleague Mebi with  Saravanan and  Nachiappan accompanying, Parag's and now Krishna's friend-Shekar , Krishna's niece Aarti , last but not the least, Mrs Krishna- Anusuya, a BBS alumni and our profile star ! ( If Krishna's name dominates the scene...well.. no surprise... That is what the name dictates ! )

Since the ratios were comfortable, ( 7 bicycles 9 students) and most were balancing well...I chipped in with small improvements on random glitches I came across as students were practicing.

Leisha needed more input about braking safely ( i.e. lean to left ), as she is used to throwing right foot in the air and going for the ground on right. Hopefully, will correct it soon.

Parag's report:

Visalakshi- This was her second session, she carried her momentum form the first one and cracked zig zagging, turning, circles and next will be hand signaling. She also rode around the Bandstand roundabout, and from there to the Bal Bhavan gate along with Sonal. She has already started figuring out what cycle to buy which is a great sign of confidence and willingness to ride regularly. And then she helped out a bit with Lekisha also.

Prateek- Practiced turning and circles, still has to do some work to fix the lurch, but almost there. he also helped Lekisha try scooting.

Sonal- Practiced riding outside on the straight section till Bal Bhavan gate, and the bandstand roundabout, and then started on circles.

it is good to see our learners help other learners as well.

"

Thanks Parag 🌹🙏

Junaid's report

"
Started the beautiful morning with Sonal practicing control and getting over the instinct to keep looking down, instead of the surroundings.

 Prateek joined shortly enthusiastically and was practicing longer rides and almost ready to hit the road!

Priyanka joined in and started off like a pro and was confident after a couple of rounds, she needs to practice turns and requested a video of her riding to send back to the family to prove her achievements’ !

Yashashvi was a walk-in and was the star🌟🌟🌟 of the day and started off shakily and took off as within a few minutes her mother..

Netravathi enthused by the daughters' performance wanted to learn too, that truly was inspirational!

Disappointing was the absence of Amna & Nandini! May be next Sunday they will join in ! 🏵️🌷🌺🌻💐🌸🌹

"
Thanks Junaid👍

Naga Prakash says :

"
18Dec
Student: Karishma
Trainer: Naga
Karishma an IT employee came for 2nd session today. She is improving on scooting. Hopefully she should be comfortable with scooting in next session and start pedaling.
"
Thanks Naga !💐💐

Krishna's narrative:

"
Report
Except my attendance I could not do much. We, three ( Doc, Parag and I) attended the 14th yearly event of GO Green club and arrived at our OCD Adda. Doc had left behind his armoury (backpack) which I brought in. I had a niece visiting from US, brought her in. Her two children to join next Sunday. In and out of the campus for sometime, joined for winding up without at photoshoot time. More promissing next week.

"
Short and sweet..😜
Thanks Krishna!

After an early end of the session click ( so Krishna missed it) we accepted Junaid's sleek Visiting card and his generous Thatte Idli offer, to round up a nice morning...

Till next weekend

Keep pedalling

Ali Poonawala
2022-12-19 20-01 1.jpg
2022-12-19 20-00.jpg
2022-12-19 19-57.jpg
2022-12-19 19-58 1.jpg
2022-12-19 19-59 1.jpg
2022-12-19 19-59.jpg
2022-12-19 20-01.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Dec 26, 2022, 9:06:29 AM12/26/22
to Sharath Chandar, GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club)
Hi friends ..

On the holy day of Christmas.. we had both sessions

Begur :
Trainer : Ali
Newbies : Venkatlakshmi and Dileep

Filling in for Ganesh, I reached the teaching area, with Fatima and the Foldie, a few minutes before Venkatalakshmi was dropped by her dad.
Dileep arrived soon, for me to give a combined intro explaining the fundas of pre ride check, especially brakes.
Went over importance of left tilt in starting position,  and then the static balance with handle bar jiggling and not body shift.
VL was finding it difficult but got comfortable doing it while back pedalling. Soon scooting and half pedalling and then full pedalling followed.
Both were balancing and braking well by the time we reached end time with customary photos.

Dileep has starting lurch and handle bar control to sort out. VL will practice with her own cycle.

Dog poo strewn all over (despite a designated Dog park area) was a turn off..  but gentler slopes helped student to control the cycle better.

Ali

Parag's report from Cubbon :

Trainers: 3
New Learners: 4
Seniors :5
Trainee Trainers: 2

Anjali- Is a Video Editor, and wants to learn cycling to be independently mobile. She cracked the basics of scooting and progressed to pedaling today.

Mom Mamta and Daughter Simran - were the other two new learners.

 Mamata was off to a flying start (literally taking off once, scaring me and Junaid), and managed to crack pedaling by the end off the session.

 Simran has an ACL injury and was taking it more sedately, and needs a bit more practice on scooting.

Ongoing

Sonal- The B'day girl showed her determination and turned up to practice, before going off for her Bday celebrations. She also helped Simran with trying to correct her lurch.

Amritha finished all the drills and was able to ride from the Bal Bhavan gate to the bandstand circle confidently. After that she helped out with teaching other learners.

Karishma continued with her scooting practice, she has almost cracked it. She will be away for a few weeks on Jan, hopefully she can practice scooting on her travels too.

Keerthana  did a couple of rounds of pedaling, but had to pause after a slight fall, she will resume next week.

Lekisha turned up and practiced scooting, her twin Leishha did not come today.

New Trainers

Suma- Suma turned up as promised to us last week at the Go green event. She and Amrita did a great job of getting Anjali to the pedaling stage on the first session itself. And she helped a few other learners as well.
Samit- Parag's friend.. Samit helped teach a couple of students.

Thanks Parag 🌹💖

Junaid reports :

Beautiful Sunday and first were Mamata & Simran, mother and daughter duo,

Mamta was doing very well and was balancing with the word Go, but lacked confidence.

 Simran is working on scooting and hope to see both of them crack it in the next session in a couple of weeks time !

Shashank was a walk-in who had an unpleaseant expereience as a kid and had developed a phobia for riding a bicycle and started shakily at first, but lost all inhibitions in a copule of minutes,

Sonal, Amritha and Karishma joined in to practice and  teach each other, Karishma would need to get confidence to do it solo !
Also in attendence was Yashasvi with her mother Netravati and freind Lithika in tow.
Ended with a photo session and dropping of Sonal and Karishma at Infinitea for Sonal birthday celebration ?

"
Thanks Junaid 💐🌹

Krishna's banter :

The report.
I reached the place around 9 with the alumni, my wife anusuya. Session was in full swing. I was able guide .......akshi and K .......well into scooting. Sonal has improved a lot. Suma was a part of our team and has assured to do her bit as often.  She is promising. Was I expecting a Christmas party? It did not happen. My niece and family came in but too late to match IST..  wish all a great week ahead.

"
Thanks Krishna!🙏💐

Till next week...

Keep pedalling 💖💝

Ali Poonawala
2022-12-26 14-15_page_1.jpg
2022-12-26 14-15_page_2.jpg
2022-12-26 14-15_page_3 (1).jpg
2022-12-26 14-15_page_4.jpg
2022-12-26 14-19.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Jan 3, 2023, 10:08:16 AM1/3/23
to Sharath Chandar, GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club)
Hi friends !

Beautiful first day of the new year.. Crispy chilled air, gentle sun waking up, and some resolute running souls dripping sweat for the fitness  God's blessings.

Both sessions took place,

Begur report :

Trainer :1  Ali
Newbie 1. Sainath
Seniors :2. Venkatalakshmi, Dileep

I reached, and overshot my Begur location on Venkatalakshmi's bike !
Foldie reached with her by an auto and with Sainath already there, we got going.
Sainath was nicely scooting although not long distance. Half pedal was erratic too, but handled bike well.
VL, all nerves and doubts, managed to vanquish them all and got used to her own bike as never before..and the delight was obvious. Uphill start needs bit of work and lurch has to be controlled, but well on her way if can curb the previous ingrained habit like keeping right foot on the ground.

Dileep, strangely, despite excellent uphill starts, found quads giving up too soon and was losing balance ! I say 'strangely' because he is quite a lanky chap and haven't seen that  before in young men ...

Time moved rapidly, clicked a few pics and video of VL cycling on her own to show to the family ! Deposited her cycle and back home on the Foldie from another auto ride with VL.Sainath is away for couple of weeks and hopefully Ganesh takes over next weekend session again !!

Ali

PS: three mantra for safe cycling :
1. Lean to the left.
2. Mother Earth hates right foot.
3. Brake Brake and Brake !

Cubbon Session :

Trainers : 5
Parag, Junaid, Naga Prakash, Krishna and Param ( welcome !)

Newbies : 7
Suman, Sunita  (daughter Sukriti tagging), Netravathi, Guru, Vinita, Chandru, Vijayalakshmi.

Seniors : 2
Anjali, Shashank,

Parag's report :

New Learners
Suman -
Artist and photographer, Suman was the first student to turn up today, and the last one to leave. She helped us get the bikes, and then also put them back. She made great progress and learnt the basics of scooting and then a bit of pedaling, and has promised to learn , and then teach.

Sunita (and daughter Sukriti) -
She has cycled before , but had a fall and wanted to learn properly. Aided by daughter Sukriti, she did a couple of rounds of scooting and bit of pedaling, and has promised to come back next sunday with her neighbour Suman and start riding regularly.

Ongoing Learners
Anjali-
Got comfortable with pedaling up and down, though there is still a bit if a lurch, and then Did the zigzag exercises , next step is turning.

Shashank -
Practiced going up and down, and then Did the zigzag exercises and then started on turning.

Thanks Parag !🌹🙏

Naga Prakash says :

Here is the report for today session:
Students: Netravati, Guru, Suman
Trainer: Naga
*On a first note, apologies to everyone, I joined at 9am instead of 8:15am*

*Netravati:* Due to Netravati's height, none of the cycles were fit for her to learn. We gave a failed attempt for 15mins to give it a try, but finally she decided to wait till next week and wanted to try on Dr.Ali's foldie.
*Guru:* Netravati's son, a grade 4 student also tried to learn, again height issues. So have to wait till next week.
*Suman:* A home maker determined to learn cycling spent 2 hrs learning. Got to know that she was the first person to start today and last to leave. Started with instructions from Parag and later i continued teaching. She learnt balancing and with continuous practice, at the end she was able pedal on her own for few metres. She made a great progress today. Hopefully she will be better in next class.
*Vijayalakshmi:* Vijayalakshmi just walked in looking at our learners. She said, she never learnt cycling, however in first session without any instructions she was able to learn balancing and pedaling. *Star of the day*. Watch the video how beautifully she cycled.

Thanks Naga! 💐🌹

Junaid's non report :

Parag, Naga, Param and Krishna will Report for today 👍
Nothing much on my report 😉
"
Photos are from him and one picture is worth thousand words !

Thanks for eight thousand words report Junaid !💐🌹

Krishna's musings :

The Report.
Day was extremely fine. And continue to be. All the learners turned up very resolutely to definately learn to ride well. All did very well. We had walk in learners many. They are already following on Instagram. Mr chandry, mrs Chandru elderly but very well spirited.
Mrs Chandru, madam Vinita tested her long learned cycling.
While Chandru was raw but did well in scooting. Both are middle aged. Both told us that they will attend on next Sunday.

 Junaid got us a lovely cake for the new year start.

Like they say last bit of the dish taste the best, we had an elderly lady in the traditional, orthodox, saree class fode with Gusto. Picture or video will substantiate. Very bright day for BBS. Very promising weeks ahead.

Thanks Krishna 🙏💐

On that very optimist note by Krishna..

Till next weekend..

Keep pedalling !!

Ali Poonawala

2023-01-01 22-56~2.jpg
2023-01-01 23-01.jpg
2023-01-01 22-58.jpg
2023-01-01 23-15.jpg
2023-01-01 23-14.jpg
VID-20230101-WA0043.mp4

Ali Poonawala

Jan 10, 2023, 9:19:13 AM1/10/23
to Sharath Chandar, GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club)

Hi friends...

With winter chill well set... Both centres had sessions ..

Begur session :

Ganash reports :

"

8-Jan-2023: Begur

Trainer 1, learners 2

Shivam was already waiting when I joined 10 mnts late (apologising). Back to learning after a few months, he had initial rustiness but took on to riding fine in straight lines well in a few minutes in what seemed to be a dediccated session until 8:35 when Dileep joined.

With Deepa messaging in injured to attend and Sainath no-show. It was 2 learners for the day

Dilleep ended being a quick learner for 3rd day into learning. Initially quite nervous and stressed about moving the vehicle forward with entire body weight. He slowly learnt to relax and before winding up for the day is quite comfortable riding on his own.

While Dileep needs a good amount of practice and correction of basics, I've asked Shivam to visit Cubbon for a couple of sessions as a graduation to do cirlcles, hand signals and more because we are yet to find a safe zone to try those at Begur.

Asides to our session there was a cute little learner comfortably seated on the bar of an adult bike and speeding great with her adult supervisor, couldn't resist clicking them 😄

"

Thanks Ganesh...🙏💐

Hope you asked him to join the BBS  trainer program !🤔

Cubbon Park session :

A Walkathon had traffic restriction but managed to reach our teaching area well in time..

Naga Prakash was there as a pleasant surprise but as we entered KSLTA, our Josh evaporated when we saw the bicycles inaccessible due to a trench dug for pipe laying. To make things worse, We both forgot bringing the key !

Rescue was at hand, however..

Emergency call to Junaid,  obliging as ever, from half way down, he went back to get his key 🗝️!🙏   While we waited, Shraddha and Ritesh from Katraj gang, gave company. Soon Parag joined, gently reiterating his earlier call for  a combination lock !!

Students were ready and we started in ernest.

Trainers 4+1

 Parag, Junaid, Naga Ali and Vimal

Newbies : 7

Sheetal, Poonam, Anuradha, Sanjeevani and Muskan sister duo, Achyuta, Sandeep

Seniors: 6

Visalakshi, Sonal, Suman, Leishha, Lekisha, Amna,

Hello:

Chandrashekhar ji, Deep

Aradhana was my first student and did scooting for a few rounds and although had not been able to do full downhill stretch, was initiated into pedalling. Seem to have good posture and composure, and she should be riding on her own in next couple of sessions.

Tiny Achyuta was next and what a spunky fearless lad he turned out to be ..dumping my poor voiceless Foldie at slightest loss of balance and not a hint of remorse on otherwise expressionless face ! Despite doing Kathakali on the saddle, his quick hand reflexes and mercilessness ( poor Foldie ! ) saw him   somehow manage balance and come out unscathed, to delight of his dear mama !

From the twin sisters, I supervised Leishha for couple of rounds.. stopping is still a concern..

Sandeep, last newbie,  turned up late and did bit of scooting and pedalling, and promised he will come early next time !

Parag's report :

"

New Learners:

Sheetal- Relative of Katraj Gang, she had cycled long ago as a child. She picked up scooting in a couple of rounds, and then was able to move on to pedaling quickly and in 15 minutes, she proved our old saying right " Once learnt, cycling is never forgotten".

Ongoing learners

Visalakshi- Worked on turning, hand signaling and safe stopping today, and she should be road ready by next week. she is actively scouting of a cycle, so if anyone has a 2nd hand S sized bike , please let her know.

Sonal- Practiced turning and started on hand signaling.

Suman- Practiced a couple of rounds of scooting, and then started pedaling , the upslope is a bit hard for her as she still needs to develop some leg strength, so she practiced on the flat from KSLTA to Bal Bhavan gate and is able to pedal up and down comfortably, and starting with turning.

"

Thanks Parag.🙏🌹

Junaid's report :

"

Started the day with Poonam, who is an interior designer and a total fresher and she started off shakily and after a couple of mishaps took off confidently and was the star of the day, she would need to practice next few weeks.

Next was Ankita, who took an almost one year break and she was getting to balance a little by the end of the day,

Amna, Sonal and Suman  from last month were practicing and getting confidence with every round!

"

Thanks Junaid 💐🙏

Vimal, a veteran volunteer,  was a nice surprise...from his permaculture stint in Kerala, visiting namma Bengaluru for few days ...he drops in to say hello and helps a student !!

His short say :

"

Nothing much sir... Just helped Ankita with scooting... Helped her to focus a bit on brake control and modulation along with the scooting.

"

Thanks Vimal see you soon...🌹💐

Naga Prakash's summary :

"

08Jan

Students: Sanjeevini, Muskan

Trainer: Naga

The sister duo Sanjeevini & Muskan both working professionals.

*Sanjeevini:*

She already knows how to cycle but in a straight line, that's what she said. So we made here ride on for sometime and then go around circles. And she did perfectly fine. Just need some more time to get better.

*Muskan:*

Quickly picked up scooting and started pedaling. She is able to pedal even uphill but yes more practice required. That's a great progress for today. She aims to commute to work after learning and a great goal.

Thanks Naga🙏👍🌹

After the pics, I ran off to my rendezvous, and the team did the wrapping up...

Till next weekend

Keep pedalling !

Ali Poonawala

2023-01-10 08-18.jpg
2023-01-10 08-19 1.jpg
2023-01-10 08-19.jpg
2023-01-08 18-35 1.jpg
2023-01-08 18-36 1.jpg
2023-01-10 12-37.jpg
2023-01-08 18-36.jpg
2023-01-08 18-35.jpg
2023-01-10 08-19 2.jpg
2023-01-08 18-28.jpg

Gourav Sengupta

Jan 10, 2023, 5:47:01 PM1/10/23
to Ali Poonawala, Sharath Chandar, GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club)
Dearest friends,

Happy New Year. I absolutely love the pics and the emails.

Regards,
Gourav

--
Biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
bangalorebikersclub.com

Ali Poonawala

Jan 11, 2023, 12:07:59 PM1/11/23
to Gourav Sengupta, Sharath Chandar, GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club)
Thanks Gourav ji..

Happy belated New year to you as well... It would be a pleasure to meet you, when you come this side of the town on a Sunday morning,  and to say hello, or, one better,invite you to join the training volunteers !!

Warm regards

Ali Poonawala
Cubbon Park volunteer
Bangalore Bicycling School

Ali Poonawala

Jan 16, 2023, 11:45:55 AM1/16/23
to Sharath Chandar, GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club)
Hi friends...

Yesterday, both sessions took place...

As usual, Begur report first..

Ganesh reporting:

"
15-Jan-2023, Begur: Learner 1, Trainer 1

The 1:1 session started at 8:15 am as Sainath arrived for his second class with us. First being a couple of weeks ago scooting on our foldie.

Sainath picked up balancing soon in the first 15-20 minutes of the session. He used the entire 1+ Hr of the session almost without any break, practicing his straight lines well. One thing that is causing misery with his consistency is the deadly lurch that has set in. We worked on correcting it but need to wait till next session to see how much we've succeeded.

"

Thanks Ganesh 👍💐

Cubbon Park session:

It was crisp and chilly...
Not the Mirch Bhajji aka ಮೆಣಸಿನಕಾಯಿ ಬೊಂಡಾ... but Sunday morning..!9😁

As I reach the Cubbon Park cycling area..the fresh breath of misty morning brings in Ashlesha, a family friend, with Poornima. Dropped in to say hello...and readily helped to get the cycles which were full of dust from ongoing work at KSLTA.
Both ladies have agreed, to take part and spread the word, when "Pedal shaale" becomes reality. Said hello on Video Call to her daughter Aadhya studying 9th and hubby Arya, before departure click, with early students joining in..

Scorecard:

Trainers 5

Ali, Altaf ( Welcome !), Naga Prakash, Parag and Junaid.

Newbies: 5
Sowmya,Tushar, Aparna, Sufia, Sree Suji, ( Naseema)

Seniors: 7
Shivam, Muskaan, Sanjeevani, Aradhana, Suman, Poonam, Amna.

Hello :
Ashlesha, Poornima, Chandrashekar ji, Jnatva, Zeel, Prashant.

We were expecting fresh trainees, but no one turned up and no info either !

Sowmya had used scooty, probably not regularly, because had plenty of lurch to work on. To her credit, did manage to get to self pedalling uphill stage, albeit hesitant and awkward but great for a newbie !!

Poonam, although senior, had fear of falling, already having had fall last weekend. and that came from wrong stopping. Needs to work on keeping right foot off the ground and left leaning.

Naseema came late with her hubby Firdaus khan, and had a listen to. Hopefully she will start next weekend.

Parag's report:

"
Newbie
Sri Suji- Star of the day. After a few rounds of scooting, she quickly picked up pedaling on the Green bike, and then moved on to using her own cycle, and also did zig zags, turning. Next session will be signaling, safety,and she will be ready to pedal on the roads.

Aparna- She cracked the scooting after a bit and managed to graduate to pedaling.

Sonu- Practiced scooting, but needs a bit more practice to get the confidence to stay steady.

Ongoing

Sanjeevani - Pedaled up and down, and also helped out with getting Sufia to scoot downhill while she pedaled uphill. At the end she even volunteered to help us shoot some pictures for the trainers manual.

Suman- Practiced turning and started with a bit of hand signaling. Also helped with Aparna scooting , and Suman herself pedaling uphill.

Aradhana- Moved on form scooting to pedaling. Still has a tendency to lurch, which needs to be worked on.

"
Thanks Parag !🙏💐

Naga Prakash's summary:
"
15Jan
Students: Tushar, Muskan
Trainer: Naga
*Tushar:* An IT professional coming all the way from Whitefield to learn. To my surprise he just picked up pedaling in less than 10mins.. 2 rounds scooting and he was all set. He just kept practicing to get better. Excellent customer progress Tushar!!

*Muskan:* This is Muskan's 2nd class.. she practiced scooting for some time and was comfortable. Downhill scooting and uphill pedaling. She was able pedal but needs more practice now. Great progress!!
."
Thanks Naga, for the report and photos !, 🙏💐

Junaid's summary

"
First was Sonu, who was a first timer and planning to go to Singapore, she started off with learning to balance and was by the end of the session confident and next session she will be able to crack it !
Good to see Sufia and Sanjeevini teaming together initially to get the things right !
Sufia has almost done it, except for lack of confidence which she has to overcome in the next class !

"
Thanks Junaid 💐🌹

Altaf,has been busy , so we await impressions of his first session as trainer for a later report. Thanks Altaf.. for joining !💐🙏

Sanjeevani shot some braking sequence and rest position photos for trainer manual before conclusion of the session...
2023-01-16 19-53.jpg
2023-01-16 06-33.jpg
2023-01-15 23-08.jpg
2023-01-15 20-12.jpg
2023-01-15 20-28.jpg

Ali Poonawala

Jan 17, 2023, 8:46:35 PM1/17/23
to GGI-Club (Go Green Initiator's Club), Sharath Chandar
Hi friends

This is an addendum to our Cubbon session report !

Altaf, a member of GoGreen Initiative community, came in to help and gives his impressions :

"

For me it was day one as a trainer
Most of the time i spent watching the other trainers and Dr.Ali
There was one cyclist from Begur (Shivam) who had picked up balancing but had to learn making U Turns
After about half an hour he picked up both clockwise and anti clockwise turns.
Another lady Naseema with zero experience dropped in to learn cycling and spent about 15 to twenty minutes and had hands on experience about the machine. Expect to see her coming Sunday.
Overall it was a good experience with all.

"
Thanks Altaf for joining and the report...🙏💐

May I urge/plead/request more of the cyclists, especially ladies, join in and help for a good cause 🙏🙏

Ali Poonawala

PS : Sharing dashing Altaf's pic as close up!🤩
TimePhoto_20230115_100329.jpg
TimePhoto_20230115_100329~3.jpg