Pedal2Mumbai - a 4 day 1010kms cycle ride by Bangalore Cycling Club in support of Mumbai car free day

Pradeep B V

Feb 14, 2010, 11:15:07 PM2/14/10
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Hi,

The Bangalore Cycling Club (a cycle team run by Venkatesh of Wheelsports) will be pedalling to Mumbai from Bangalore starting tomorrow morning(Feb 16, 2010). They will be covering a distance of 1010kms in 4 days as per the following itenary.

Feb 16 – Bengaluru to Davanagere 265km
Feb 17 – Davanagere to Belgaum 246km
Feb 18 – Belgaum to Pune 336km
Feb 19 – Pune to Mumbai 163km

Feb 20 - Rest at Mumbai
Feb 21 - Participate in the Mumbai Cyclothon and the Mumbai Car Free Day

The team is comprised of: Sridhar Savanur, Arun Rajput, Sangappa Kurni, Vittal Nayak, Mahadev Kurni, Jaggu Karkol, Suresh Mali, Ramesh Rathod, Sangamesh Talwar and Assif Attar.

Venkatesh and two others will accompany them in a support car during this grueling ride which will surely be a test of endurance and human spirit.

The ride will be flagged off by Sri. Bhaskar Rao, IPS, Transport Comissioner, Govt. of Karnataka from Vidhana Soudha Entrance tomorrow morning at 0630 hrs.

The ride is supported by the Transport Department, Govt. Of Karnataka, Godrej Foundation, Mumbai, KBS Foundation, Mumbai and Methods Automotive Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore.

It would be nice if you could come by to the flag off tomorrow morning and show your support to the riders.

Regards,
Pradeep B V

Yogesh N. Rao

Feb 14, 2010, 11:33:56 PM2/14/10
to Pradeep B V, Bangalore Bikers Club
Kudos to the Venkatesh for organizing such a ride. Good luck to riders, especially on Feb 18th when they cover 336 kms from Belgaum to Pune. Summer is here, the Sahyadri range has a strange knack of reflecting heat and light that can give one unbearable headache.

I will be there at the kick-off tomorrow on my bike on my way to work,
Yogesh.

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details

biggfoot

Feb 14, 2010, 11:57:28 PM2/14/10
to Bangalore Bikers Club
All the best guys. While you are there don't forget to have a wada-
paav :)

- Sagar

Vivek Radhakrishnan

Feb 15, 2010, 1:23:01 AM2/15/10
to Pradeep B V, Bangalore Bikers Club
Wow, that's amazing, wish all the very best to Venki and his fantastic
boys.
I suspect they will be nicely warmed up for the race :)
All the best for the race too, nothing like riding there and then
standing on the podium!
Best
Vivek

Sent from my iPhone

Pradeep B V

Feb 15, 2010, 1:35:40 AM2/15/10
to Vivek Radhakrishnan, Bangalore Bikers Club
On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Vivek Radhakrishnan <themud...@gmail.com> wrote:
Wow, that's amazing, wish all the very best to Venki and his fantastic boys.
I suspect they will be nicely warmed up for the race :)

Going by the present weather, I suspect that they will be baked up by the time they reach Mumbai.

- P

Vivek Radhakrishnan

Feb 15, 2010, 8:32:01 AM2/15/10
to Jaideep Bhattacharjee, Pradeep B V, Bangalore Bikers Club
Well I suppose the best thing to do would be to show up at the start of the ride tomorrow which is at Vidhana Souda entrance at 6:30 am. You could meet Venki and the riders and interview them take pictures etc...
Vivek

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 15, 2010, at 2:05 PM, Jaideep Bhattacharjee <jaideepbhat...@gmail.com> wrote:

dear vivek

it is indeed a great news. as for myself , i have registered myself with BBC but unfortunately till date  have not gone for a single ride (in fact i don't even have a bicycle. now please don't laugh at me :) ).

regarding this cyclathon to Bombay, i feel that it shud get covered on media. i am working in DNA newspaper and spoke to my edit colleagues. we can try for a story for this sunday.in case if you guys are also interested in the same, do please let me know the contact details of the concerned person  and then we can try for a writeup.

a very big BEST OF LUCK to the team going to MBmby and kudos to BBC.

cheers

jaideep

Bharani

Feb 15, 2010, 10:10:08 AM2/15/10
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Wow. That is indeed a ride.. All the Best to all the riders.

Bharani.

sudhindra R

Feb 15, 2010, 11:31:39 AM2/15/10
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Fantastic........All the Best Venki and Group

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details

--
Thanks & Regards
Sudhindra.R

Pradeep B V

Feb 15, 2010, 7:07:18 PM2/15/10
to Bangalore Bikers Club

Jaideep Bhattacharjee

Brijnair

Feb 16, 2010, 7:33:20 AM2/16/10
to Bangalore Bikers Club

RameshPalani

Feb 16, 2010, 6:00:47 AM2/16/10
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Wow...this is awesome..Good Luck to Venky & team..