Want user feedback regarding a few MTBs

Satya Prakash

Mar 11, 2014, 2:13:25 AM3/11/14
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

I am really interested to participate in various cycling events, specially the off-roading types. So am planning to buy a MTB and my budget is in between 40-45K INR. After a bit of googling and consultations I found the following models to be really good and well within my budget-
Cannondale Trail 5, Giant Revel 0 and Scott Aspect 630

Now is the main confusion, to select one among this three :). So please help  :D.
Since I am a newbie I don't have much idea regarding the technicalities of MTBs, so I would be glad to hear various reviews regarding the models mentioned above.
In addition, if someone feels that there are also other models in the same price range which are worth considering, then do let me know. It would be really great to hear varying opinions.

-Looking forward to everyone's suggestions
Sattu

Sanath Kumar S D

Mar 11, 2014, 10:43:22 AM3/11/14
to Satya Prakash, Bangalore Bikers Club
You contact these experts and decide . . .

Thanks and Regards,

Sanath Kumar S D

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

Regards,

Sanath
+ 91 988 019 4896

Ashok Kumar S

Mar 11, 2014, 12:18:36 PM3/11/14
to Sanath Kumar S D, Satya Prakash, Bangalore Bikers Club
Does any of them stock Firefox?

Thanks and regards,
Ashok.

Sent from my iPhone

anil s kadsur

Mar 11, 2014, 1:08:15 PM3/11/14
to Ashok Kumar S, bangalor...@googlegroups.com, Sanath Kumar S D, Satya Prakash
No!

very truly,
anil s kadsur
http://kadsur.blogspot.in/

From: Ashok Kumar S <s.a...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 21:48:36 +0530
To: Sanath Kumar S D<sdsana...@gmail.com>
Cc: Satya Prakash<cooo.sa...@gmail.com>; Bangalore Bikers Club<bangalor...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BBC] Want user feedback regarding a few MTBs

Satya Prakash

Mar 12, 2014, 2:07:10 AM3/12/14
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com, Satya Prakash
Thanks Sanath,
I did pay a visit to bumsonthesaddle, the people out there are really helpful and conceptual when it comes to cycling, but the problem is they don't deal with brands like Giant, Cannondale, Scott, etc. These brands provide real good qualities and features in a very reasonable price, unlike Trek or Specialized bikes.
So I wanted to directly hear from people who have used the models that I have mentioned. If you know anyone who has used any of them, then it would be great if you can share with me about there experience.  Waiting for such reviews,  :)

Sanath Kumar S D

Mar 12, 2014, 2:18:06 AM3/12/14
to Satya Prakash, Bangalore Bikers Club
Satya,

I was using Cannondale Trail 6. Superb bike. Very sturdy bike. Also I know many of my friends are using Trail 5. No one is unhappy about it.

Currently I have Trek 4300s. Please feel free to come for a test ride, if you are interested.

If you are thinking of second hand bikes . . . . there are some good bikes are available at  http://www.bumsonthesaddle.com/marketplace

Thanks and Regards,

Sanath Kumar S D

Ashok Kumar S

Mar 12, 2014, 2:19:04 AM3/12/14
to anilk...@gmail.com, bangalor...@googlegroups.com, Sanath Kumar S D, Satya Prakash
I typed that question by mistake since I thought it was a reply to another guy's question asking about feedback on Firefox bikes... Was too lazy to scroll down below the immediate reply... :)

Satya Prakash

Mar 12, 2014, 3:22:51 AM3/12/14
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com, Satya Prakash
Thanks a lot Sanath. I personally am inclined towards Cannondale due to it's lightweight frames and so happy to hear it's review from you.
Regarding Trek I know it's a great brand but I don't think i will go for it, because for the same set of features Trek bikes cost more compared to Giant or Cannondale.
I think I will remove Scott aspect from the list, which means now it's Giant vs Cannondale  :)

anantha viswanathan

Mar 12, 2014, 4:41:14 AM3/12/14
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com, Satya Prakash
U can also check MERIDA..they have nice bikes and you would never regret taking them onto trails..brilliant tyres and i love the way they handle..
Check Wheelsports or RR..

cheers
anantha

satya prakash Panigrahi

Mar 12, 2014, 5:16:59 AM3/12/14
to anantha viswanathan, bangalor...@googlegroups.com
I had been to RR, but they didn't tell anything regarding Merida bikes. Maybe in the price range that I have mentioned, Merida may not be the best. But thanks for the info, next time I will definitely inquire about it myself. :)

Kashyap Raval

Mar 12, 2014, 7:45:31 AM3/12/14
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com, anantha viswanathan
I have been riding a Cannondale Trail 6. More than 17k kms covered and it is as good as it was(with some replacements ofcourse). Fitness Through Travel @ BTM (9449004224) is a cannondale dealer. They have good knowledge about the bikes as well unlike the RR guys (as I felt)

Satya Prakash

Mar 12, 2014, 8:03:20 AM3/12/14
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com, anantha viswanathan
Wow, now this sounds great. Thanks for the info. Will pay a visit to Fitness Through Travel as soon as possible  :)

Shabs

Mar 12, 2014, 9:10:01 AM3/12/14
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com, anantha viswanathan
"Cannondale Trail 5, Giant Revel 0 and Scott Aspect 630"

The cannondale and giant are ahead of the scott. But again, cannondale manufacture the best alu frames  out there and giant is good VFM.

I have two friends, one of whom has a revel 0 and the other with a train 5, with kenda small blocks... I think the bike comes by default with the kenda, which has extremely high rolling resistance... BTW, both of them are extremely satisfied with their bikes and have done approx 10k km in a span of 2 years.

Trek 4300 is another nice bike in this range, I have personally used one for a few months myself and was very happy.

Satya Prakash

Mar 12, 2014, 9:15:17 AM3/12/14
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com, anantha viswanathan
Thanks thanks, very much encouraging. I think the only thing now pending is to go to a shop and take a test ride on both the bikes.

crg

Mar 12, 2014, 9:16:21 AM3/12/14
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
Why not check out Decathlon's Rockrider bikes?
The higher end mtbs are great deals--not to mention the two-year parts warranty.

Ashok Kumar S

Mar 12, 2014, 10:52:40 PM3/12/14
to crg, bangalor...@googlegroups.com
And now Decathlon gives lifetime warranty for frames, right?