importing ebike (battery and motor) kits?

maheshv

Jan 29, 2023, 2:59:50 AM1/29/23
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Has anyone imported battery and motor kits from anywhere to India?
Are there any restrictions or customs issues?
thanks
Mahesh

db

Feb 7, 2023, 7:55:57 AM2/7/23
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Are any such imported parts available in some local shops?  Wondering if they are, but you are looking for specific ones, which are_not available locally.

Hero Lectro(?) has been in the market for few years.  Do they sell any of those parts individually?   I seem to recall seeing a battery sold separately on a TI Cycles(?) site few years back.  They used to sell an electric cycle too back then.

-{db}.
.
.

db

Feb 10, 2023, 2:26:27 PM2/10/23
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Was checking online.. not seeing the TICycles/Hercules battery listing.  OTOH, I see Outdoor91 has some e-bikes now; in addition to multiple models from Hero.

-{db}.
.
.

Narayan R

Feb 11, 2023, 3:59:23 AM2/11/23
to maheshv, Bangalore Bikers Club
What's your plan and budget? Can suggest accordingly
--
Biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
bangalorebikersclub.com

db

Apr 19, 2023, 6:16:07 PM4/19/23
to Bangalore Bikers Club
Mahesh -- Did you find something?  Didn't occur to me to suggest/check robu.in.  I see they have some e-bike stuff --

I have bought Li-ion rechargeable batteries, & chargers from robu.in.  They seem to be quite good.  Various folks here might have used them for DIY project components.

tc,  -{db}.
.
.

On Sunday, January 29, 2023, maheshv <maheshvenk...@gmail.com> wrote:
Has anyone imported battery and motor kits from anywhere to India?
Are there any restrictions or customs issues?
thanks
Mahesh

--
Biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)
bangalorebikersclub.com
---

maheshv

Apr 24, 2023, 1:29:14 AM4/24/23
to Bangalore Bikers Club
No. Did not buy yet. Robu seems very cheap and wont last long.