I had earlier sent the maps of how to get to the race as well as the
race route itself, but I will re-attach these to this mail just in
A bunch of us a doing a reccee of the entire route tomorrow morning,
and I think it would be a great idea for as many people as possible to
do it. Not just as a reccee, but also because it is a truly fantastic
ride with great roads, no traffic and awesome scenery. I hope to see
many of you out there tomorrow.
We will be heading out from opposite Columbia Asia
Assembly time 6.15 am
Departure 6.30 am
The route is quite simple to the race start, I can give a small
briefing in the morning, but would recommend that you print out the
maps of the race route itself and carry it with you.
We can ride out in diff groups based on riding speeds etc, team
KYNKYNY Racing (3/5) will be doing a team training, all you other
teams out there, here is a good chance to do the same ;)
A few people have signed up to volunteer - awesome, but it would be
great to have more on board as there will be about 4 stations and it
would be good to have at least 2 people at each.
Below are written directions to the venue and the race route too.
DIRECTIONS TO BBCh 5
1. Set your odos to 0 at Mekhri Circle, and head out towards the Airport.
2. at 8.4 km you will have passed Jakkur Aerodrome on your right and
will reach a traffic light, there will be a Gas station on your left.
You should get onto the service road on the left just before the
traffic light, this road will FORK OFF TO THE LEFT towards Yelahanka
and go through a railway crossing.
3. at 9.2 km you will reach the Yelahanka police station (on your
left) at a traffic junction. TURN LEFT onto the Doddaballapur Road,
and ride on straight.
4. at 18.9 km you will reach a left turn at Rajanakunte Village. Set
your Odos to 0 again (for race route directions) and TURN LEFT. The
actuall start line will be a bout 1 km down this road, away from the
RACE ROUTE DIRECTIONS
1. You have already Zeroed your odo at Rajanakunte Village, ride on
straight and enjoy a truely sensational road!!!
2. at 7.8 km TURN LEFT onto a road with a sign marked "Sperm Bank"!!!!!!!
3. at 13.7 km you will exit the large campus you have been riding
through, keep going straight.
4. at 15.5 km you will be joining another road, TURN RIGHT. Keep going
on this road, you will ride a bit through Hessargatta town, but will
get through it very quick.
5. at 19.75 km you will see a Granite Temple ahead of you on the left,
and a road going off to the right, TURN RIGHT.
6. at 20.7 km there is a road going off to the right, KEEP STRAIGHT,
DO NOT TURN RIGHT. the road surface is not so great here, there a 6
bumpy kms after which it is blissful again ;)
7. at 28 km you will join a main road, TURN LEFT.
8. at 29 km you will reach a T junction with a small circle, TAKE A
U-TURN AROUND THE CIRCLE and head back. You will now stay on this main
road, no turns all the way to the finish line for about 15 km.
9. at 45 km you are the winner if you get there first!!!!!
IMPORTANT, PLEASE NOTE:
Along the road there are a few small villages. Please ride extremely
cautiously through the villages! These people live on the road and it
is as if we are riding through their homes. There are often Kids,
elderly folk and animals crossing the road and we do not want to see
any accidents there.
Let us show the same respect as if we were to literally ride through
someones home. Please slow down in the villages even on Race day, this
is very important, we dont want to be brash, careless city folks to
the villagers, some of us train regularly on this route and have
always shown a lot of respect, kindly maintain this relationship as
you will be representing ALL urban cyclists.
Have an awesome ride yall!!