New here.. Wants to buy a gear bike below 8k for daily commute

Sushant Sagar

Oct 31, 2014, 6:37:49 AM10/31/14
to bangalor...@googlegroups.com
Hey Guys,
I am kind of new to the cyclist community. I want to use the cycle to commute to office daily. Since i am starting fresh, i dont want to buy a costly one. I want to buy some regular gear bike which fit my needs.

I actually dont have much idea about gear bikes, but have shortlisted some of the bikes from snapdeal. Would like to get your reviews on these??

I dont know if "Kross" bikes are good. So need some of your reviews.

Also please suggest if you know of some better bike around the same budget.

Thanks
Sushant

Prashanth Chengi

Oct 31, 2014, 12:20:31 PM10/31/14
to Sushant Sagar, bangalor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sushant,

This topic has come up a number of times in this forum, and here's the most common feeling here:
Don't limit your choices by using only cost as a factor, particularly with the 'starting fresh, so don't want to buy a costly bike' constraint. Buying a cheap bike might well translate to poor experience which might put you off biking altogether.  Moreover, if you get more serious about biking, you'll realize that what you have is a piece of junk with zero resale value.  If you buy a decent bike to begin with, you'll get a far better quality of experience and even if you should want to sell it off,  you'll get a good resale value;

I don't know too much about these bikes you've indicated, but they are commonly known as BSOs; bicycle shaped objects, with super cheap and unreliable components.  It'll be a pain to ride them and you'll have recurring issues with breakdowns and repairs.  Gears, shifters and shock absorbers etc will be the most unreliable components in these bikes. Choose what you want after doing your homework. Here's a small starter's checklist I put together:

/Prashanth

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

Sanath Kumar S D

Oct 31, 2014, 7:21:35 PM10/31/14
to Prashanth Chengi, Sushant Sagar, bangalor...@googlegroups.com
Very nicely said Prashanth . . . .

Sushant :

Want to buy a bike? READ THIS FIRST

http://www.bikeszone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3268&p=29328

Thanks and Regards,

Sanath Kumar S D
--
Regards,

Sanath
+ 91 988 019 4896

Pradeep Naidu

Nov 4, 2014, 12:23:25 AM11/4/14
to Sanath Kumar S D, Prashanth Chengi, Sushant Sagar, bangalor...@googlegroups.com
Come on sanath,,, you can still do better... go for it...
Pradeep Naidu S