Vertical Garden in Bengaluru

vivek

Mar 24, 2017, 5:07:39 AM3/24/17
to Bangalore Bikers Club
I happened to witness this vertical garden on Hosur road on the Electronic City flyover pillar (saw it only on one pillar) - http://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.com/bangalore/cover-story/now-a-vertical-garden-is-growing-on-hosur-road-too/articleshow/57637626.cms.

Anybody witnessed this elsewhere? Or has more details about it? Seeing that it was being done only on one pillar I'm assuming this is some kind of pilot project to test the feasibility. I hope they do this everywhere.

Regards,
Vivek

Venkatesan Ramachandran

Mar 24, 2017, 5:18:37 AM3/24/17
to vivek, Bangalore Bikers Club
Great.. But, isn't it a costly initiative? Vertical garden setup & maintenance is quite expensive. Creepers tree which grow under the shade may be another simpler option.

--
biking conversations on the world famous "Bangalore Bikers Club" :)

are you a part of the bicycle racing scene?
Visit www.bangalorebicyclechampionships.com for more details
---

Prashanth Chengi

Mar 24, 2017, 6:44:07 AM3/24/17
to Venkatesan Ramachandran, vivek, Bangalore Bikers Club
Hope this is not a move to pull wool over people's eyes, to justify chopping down trees elsewhere, for hare-brained schemes like that steel flyover.  Might be a good move in itself, but it gets my paranoia-sense tingling.

/Prashanth

satya prakash Panigrahi

Mar 24, 2017, 8:34:58 AM3/24/17
to vivek, Bangalore Bikers Club
Yes, it's a pilot project carried out by a group called SayTrees.
They have been planting trees in and around Bengaluru since a long time and have done a great job till date. It's completely a volunteer driven group and so anyone can participate in there tree plantation and maintainence activities.

For more details check out there FB page- https://www.facebook.com/SayTrees/