BFI Newsletter 20151231

Bandung Fe Institute

Dec 31, 2015, 10:26:02 AM12/31/15
to Bandung Fe Institute NEWSLETTER
NEWSLETTER BANDUNG FE INSTITUTE (BFI)
December 31st 2015
CONTENTS:
01. Remarks from the institute.
02. Research starts going to mobile apps in the institute
03. BFI is now available in Facebook and Twitter!

01. Remarks from the presidential office of the institute.

Dear friends, colleagues, and competitors,
It’s about the time we are going to change the calendar from 2015 to a new one of 2016. The changing year always reminds us to many things in the year we are going to pass, be it hard moments or delightful ones, all are now becoming parts of the excitement we earned in the past.

Last year we have a great change in the Sobat Budaya community leader. At the moment we celebrated the growing local Sobat Budaya in places across the archipelago, participating in the data mining of Indonesian cultural heritage from the bottom-up of the Online Digital Library of Indonesian Cultural Heritage www.budaya-indonesia.org, we also congratulate Ms. Siti Wulandari, the new chairwoman of the Sobat Budaya Indonesia. We are now together with many local young persons in our contributions for the online participatory database of Indonesian Cultural Heritage. All have been so exciting, as well as the excitement of in our presentation on the launch of two mobile apps mapping Indonesian traditional batik and and traditional songs based upon our initiatives collecting the data in the past 8 years. All mobile apps are now available for free in the GooglePlay and the Apple app store. Just find the “Map of Batik” and “IndoMuse” app in your gadget and feel the beauty of the inherited diversity of Indonesia.

The mapping has also given us the opportunity to share some interesting findings about the living cultural assimilations in Indonesian culture. An event discussing chinese eloquent stylistic  influences in Indonesian batik traditions has been revealed also in the past year. A year in which Mr. Vande Leonardo, represented our institute in the notable international book exhibition, the Frankfurt Book Fair 2015 in Germany. Indonesia was the guest of honor in the event and it was a pleased moment demonstrate the results of research works based upon the database managed by the young fellows and communities of Sobat Budaya from all over the country.

This year also we have initiated an Indonesian newsmedia for sharing the Indonesian cultural events, www.infobudaya.net, also managed by the Sobat Budaya. The new website is in regards and understanding that culture is a living complex entity of social life. The data mining in Indonesian culture should also being followed by the events in which the practices of the traditional cultural heritage are being delivered. It’s been an awesome year, whatsoever, due to the development of the Sobat Budaya Indonesia.

With all of those excitements, the research about Indonesian online mass media has also witness the launch of “Tali Merah”, a newsmedia processing suite now being able to be accessed via paid mobile-app available for public access in the GooglePlay and Apple app store. The sentiment mapping of Indonesian as reported by Indonesian journalism, being observed and analyzed in the institute, are now available for Indonesian-speaking public.

Due to the great deal of statistical data managed by the institute, we have also placed the “Observido”, an iOS-based mobile application for cartograms of Indonesian statistical data with the resolution compiled from more than 70,000 villages in the country. They are all there bringing public sphere closer to the results and implementations of complexity research and sciences.

All we have until now in the year 2015 bring great expectation in the incoming year of 2016. BFI Technologies, coordinated now by researcher Rolan M. Dahlan, is expected to contribute more of scientific research for sharpening the decision making and policies in the country.

Have yourself a happy new year 2016!
All the best,
Hokky Situngkir

02. Research starts to go to mobile apps in the institute
There have been some mobile app to try on from the BFI Techonologies in the GooglePlay and Apple app store right now. The idea is to bring people closer to the complexity research. The research should be in a distance of your fingers on the gadget screen. As mentioned in the presidential remarks above, the link of the apps are:

The Digital Library of Indonesian Traditional Culture

Map of Batik: the mapping of Indonesian batik

IndoMuse: the mapping of Indonesian traditional songs

phyBatik: the generative models for Indonesian Batik designs via fractal geometry

TaliMerah: the sentiment mapping of Indonesian celebrities based on Indonesian newsmedia and journalism

obserVindo: Indonesian cartogram based on statistical data of villages

Please feel free to contact http://www.xityzone.com if you have further assistance about the products of the BFI Technologies.

03. BFI is now available in Facebook and Twitter!
You can now be able to access and instantly receive any updates of research by joining/liking the institute's official Facebook page at

Feel free to receive interesting research results from status updates as super-short summary from research finding conducted in the institute. For your mobile convenience, you might also want to join the institute official's twitter updates by following:

You can also post any of your interest or comment at the page above. Feel free to follow us, and let us make it our better place and social living.

-----
BFI Administration
Bandung Fe Institute
Jl. Sarimadu Permai 175