Feature Request: deleting archives after extracting for command line tool bz.exe

Carlos Parker

Jan 12, 2022, 1:31:07 AM1/12/22
to Bandizip for Windows forum

The GUI bandiZip can delete archives when extracting is successful. But the command line  tool lacks the feature.

I'm using the command line bz.exe to extract a large amount of archives by shell scripts.  I need to delete all extracted archives. When it comes to the split archives, it become difficult to properly discovery all split archives but bandizip makes it.

It will help if the command line can integrate the feature. Thanks.

KH Park

Jan 17, 2022, 4:14:10 AM1/17/22
to Bandizip for Windows forum

Hello, I'm a developer of Bandizip.

I have added the feature you requested and you can test it here.

The undocumented switch is "-delsrc".

bz x -delsrc -o:c:\out_folder test.zip

Best Regards,
Park, KH