Blog instructions

Dr Nic Williams

Jun 12, 2009, 1:27:36 AM6/12/09
to banan...@googlegroups.com
Tim, can you add the per-project setup instructions (bananajour init etc) into your blog post (and slide show)?

--
Dr Nic Williams
Mocra - Premier iPhone and Ruby on Rails Consultants

Tim Lucas

Jun 12, 2009, 1:45:21 AM6/12/09
to banan...@googlegroups.com
On 12/06/2009, at 3:27 PM, Dr Nic Williams wrote:

> Tim, can you add the per-project setup instructions (bananajour init
> etc) into your blog post (and slide show)?

I saw the comment on faces, but wondered "But it's on the Readme!" Why
are you asking?

The readme explanation could be cleaned up a heap though.

Will update the readme and blog post, how's that?

-- tim

Dr Nic Williams

Jun 12, 2009, 1:49:47 AM6/12/09
to banan...@googlegroups.com
If its all in the README then you can remove some stuff from the blog post :)

New blog post:

Bananajour is cool. Here's a screenshot. Read the README. Go!

:)

Tim Lucas

Jun 12, 2009, 2:07:58 AM6/12/09
to banan...@googlegroups.com
On 12/06/2009, at 3:49 PM, Dr Nic Williams wrote:

> If its all in the README then you can remove some stuff from the
> blog post :)
>
> New blog post:
>
> Bananajour is cool. Here's a screenshot. Read the README. Go!
>
> :)

ah but the theory is once they've commited to a gem install they'll go
through the pain to figure out how to use it.

If they don't get to the install step quickly you've got less a chance
of it catching on.

I should add a gem post-install message that gives you a little
introduction :)

-- tim

Dr Nic Williams

Jun 12, 2009, 2:09:15 AM6/12/09
to banan...@googlegroups.com
Ohh yeah, post install message will do it.