ROOT Nokia 8110 4G V.17.00.17.01

Kontomonto 115 Nonjomura

Jan 17, 2020, 5:59:43 AM1/17/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I warmly welcome
As in the subject, I wanted to ask if someone managed to get root on the above version of the software.
I tried all the ways described on BananaHackers and I was looking for it myself but without result.
I am thinking about the software downgrade because I don't see any other way to unlock the device myself.
If anyone knows the root method I will be grateful.
Below is some information about the phone:
nokia 8110 4G 17.00.17.01 11/21/21 TA-1048 Variant: 23ARG04ROW1 / DS

Ivan Alex HC

Jan 17, 2020, 9:00:02 AM1/17/20
to banana...@googlegroups.com
if you say that you've tried all the methods described on the website, I can't believe you because I've your same model/variant/software version.
  1. I can believe that scripts doesn't work because them can work on v13 or lower, so forget the "Legacy method".
  2. The root apps work well (Tnroot, ADBroot and Wallace-lite for Nokia 8110) and are installable like any other app (OmniSD or WebIDE).

adbroot.zip
wallace-0.1.zip
wallace-lite-0.1.zip
wallace-spreadtrum-kitkat_for-omnisd.zip
telnetd.zip

Kontomonto 115 Nonjomura

Jan 17, 2020, 9:22:16 AM1/17/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110

Thank you for your response.
Unfortunately, I cannot install any application because webIDE incorrectly detects my phone, i.e.
I am not able to display any information about the device's settings and I cannot start any application.
Unfortunately I have no idea how this could be caused?

Kontomonto 115 Nonjomura

Jan 18, 2020, 5:45:25 AM1/18/20
to banana...@googlegroups.com

P.S. I learned that this model can be easily rooted.
Initially, I thought it was the fault of the drivers or unsupported browser but everything is ok
(I would like debian in version 5.4.8 fully updated)
I tried to use palemoon but also with no result.
Any ideas what might be wrong?

Ivan Alex HC

Jan 18, 2020, 8:30:01 AM1/18/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
If you're using Debian 5.4.8....you're system is out to date (2012, if I remember well), when ADB was at its earlier days! Get a more updated OS on your PC.

Kontomonto 115 Nonjomura

Jan 18, 2020, 9:14:18 AM1/18/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Thanks for the suggestions, I will try to upgrade the system versions if at all possible
(I am forced to temporarily use a computer with an i686 architecture)
Let's hope this solves the problem :)