(AT&T) Alcatel 4044O General Issues

Y F

Jun 26, 2020, 2:52:40 PM6/26/20
to banana...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to tinker around with my Go Flip 2, and learn about this topic in general. I ran into a bunch of problems along the way, and I think if the answers are available in this thread, everyone can gain.
If you have questions to add, don't be a stranger, and fire away :)
Here we go:
1) Since the 4044o is stuck at kaios 1.0 , is there a way to get around that and apply the newest updates?
2) How do you remove side-loaded apps (If the app doesn't work, just remove it from device)?
3) Using Wallace 0.1, it throws the "Resource write failed: NoModificationAllowedError" error. How do you fix that?
4) Some apps don't have an index.html file (e.g. Google Maps) and won't run. Is there a way to get those apps to work?
5) After running an app, it gets duplicated on the home screen.
6) Some apps straight up don't run. (Tetris, Bhackers-store...)

Y F

Jun 26, 2020, 3:44:14 PM6/26/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Partial answer for #6 : If the app uses 'let', replace it for 'var'

Luxferre

Jul 1, 2020, 5:02:26 PM7/1/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
4044O has a firehose available at edl.bananahackers.net, so you can try to dump and fiddle around with any partition of interest if you need to.