HOTSPOT APPLICATION FOR JIOPHONE

Bikash Das

Oct 11, 2019, 3:29:49 PM10/11/19
to banana...@googlegroups.com
Hello
I am Bikash Das. I am a computer science student. I own a jioPhone (F61F model).

I really needed Hotspot in my phone. Thanks to your Guide for installing OmniSD and JbHotspot app in the banana store, I was able to enable hotspot in my phone. But i was not satisfied with it because it does not have option to change password ,show current ssid and password  .No option to turn off Hotspot. etc.  So i was not satisfied with it.
I installed enable Stuff by Vivek .It worked some time (Found Internet Sharing Option in Setting). but my phone gets update automatically and hides this option. (repeated this many times but it does not worked for me permanently.

So i started looking at the codes of JbHotspot, Enable Stuff/Hotspot, OmniSD, Setting app and other apps from jio and decided to make a better Hotspot app.
Then my Kaios development journey started. I learnt how to set hotspot ssid ,password from JBHotspot ver 1 (Which does not option to Change password),Copied necessary Footer and header (CSS Stuff) from OmniSD application. In fact i am very much inspired by the OmniSD application.

I spend whole 5 Days 3 nights learning the (Kaios) /Firefox os. from https://developer.mozilla.org .
https://www.w3schools.com/ website is also very helpful . I was so mad about it that i have not slept for 2 nights.

After all my efforts finally i completed the application.(I have installed & uninstalled this app more than 250 times in my phone while testing codes .). I am using my app from last week.
Now i am thinking to share it with everyone.  I have also gave it a name 'JioHots' because longer app name does show all characters in app drawer.

I think everybody will love 'JioHots'.  ( Thanks JbHotspot  Ver 1 Creator ,because your first app(without ability to change password)  bring me to kaiOS Development.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Help. I am new here.
How Can i publish my application in Banana Hacker Store ?
or How can i share it with everybody ?

Soham Joshi

Oct 11, 2019, 3:56:35 PM10/11/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Great work, Bikash Sir! You can attach the file here itself by using "Attach a file" option which appears while drafting a message on this Forum or create a downloadable Google Drive link and share the link here. The forum moderators will test your app and add your app to Banana Hackers Store on their own.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ivan Alex HC

Oct 11, 2019, 5:11:50 PM10/11/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hi, after the feedbacks I'll upload it on the B-Hackers Store.
I've checked the app using my browser, seems to be all  OK...apart that the developer's name should be the yours, and not Jio ;)
Take all the credits.
It's just a suggestion ... although I already know that there will be some idiot who, to become famous on YouTube with your app, will customize it to his liking (unfortunately the mother of idiots is always pregnant).

PS: remember that the proof of merit for the app you created is written here publicly, and here it remains. Let this be clear to all creators.

Jolly

Oct 12, 2019, 5:38:19 AM10/12/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Great efforts. thanks
Btw if you just install nokia 8110 stock setting app from different menifest url OR just replace application.zip of system/b2g/webapps/settings.gaiamobile.org from adb command (search forum for how to ) you got the hotspot option in setting app.
Thanks

Ivan Alex HC

Oct 12, 2019, 5:57:36 AM10/12/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
hi, the stock Settings app of 8110 works correctly on Jio Phone (including ADB & DevTools)?

Jolly

Oct 12, 2019, 6:01:23 AM10/12/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Yes i using for last 3 months

Deep Soni

Oct 12, 2019, 6:01:49 AM10/12/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Where can I get the settings app from 8110?

Jolly

Oct 12, 2019, 6:06:06 AM10/12/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
search the forum as ivan provide his stock webapps in zip format

Ivan Alex HC

Oct 12, 2019, 6:07:00 AM10/12/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Then...this is enough to get ADB access on Jio Phone?
It was at least an year we were waiting for a feedback like this.

Ivan Alex HC

Oct 12, 2019, 6:12:46 AM10/12/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
HERE AGAIN, NEW UPLOAD

I hope this will work.

Jolly

Oct 12, 2019, 6:14:40 AM10/12/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
use vivek enable stuff to activate internet sharing dev tools etc. in jiophone as jio disabled them default.
After enabled stuff applied we can use *#*#33284#*#* code to activate adb and dev tools activation.
Btw patching boot.img is necessary for adb authorization.
When i only jailbreaked i got adb in setting but adb is showing unauthorised.
After patching recovery and boot images i got root access .
Now everything is smooth.
thanks for bananahackers for help

Ivan Alex HC

Oct 12, 2019, 6:25:05 AM10/12/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
OK, ENABLE STUFF by Vivek is here https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1igq9Gaw1N3M0xx_kvKh0ARSkJiqxpg-F

With the Jailbreak can be possible the installation of Wallace, for example, that includes busybox in it https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1yk-CsnVoJ6v-FYCgP4ZW1SgBq-DoP5KM

Here an intersting thread about Jio Phone rooting https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/bananahackers/4kq32Eanasw%5B1-25%5D

Jolly

Oct 12, 2019, 10:36:30 AM10/12/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12TqUy3m5F6L4IOi6-rWuw8yeBdQHJ2M7
This app is shared by GulTion and work better in jiophone than 8110. I replace it with default setting app .
Nokia 8110 setting sometime not responding but this app is more stable.
In this app only custom apn setting is not work other all work like charm.
Thanks

Ivan Alex HC

Oct 12, 2019, 10:51:04 AM10/12/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I thank you for this participation and collaboration. You're a smart boy. I hope I can read some of your guides soon.
During this time, Jio users have problems due to the new update. We really need people like you to solve this situation.
Unfortunately, we Europeans, without a Jio phone in hand, cannot be of any help.

Soham Joshi

Oct 12, 2019, 3:20:16 PM10/12/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
@ Ivan Sir,
Please provide the link of guides for patching Boot.img & Recovery.img in all Jiophone models. I want to try it out but I am unable to find the exact guide which Jolly Sir is talking about on the Banana Hackers website since I am new to this coding.

Deep Soni

Oct 12, 2019, 4:36:32 PM10/12/19
to banana...@googlegroups.com
Enable stuff by vivek doesnt seem to work after the recent update a few days ago it seems. Even his hotspot apps arent working. model= f10q, os version=  kaios_jio_quoin_2_5_20181106_R3_ER10_Production

Deep Soni

Oct 12, 2019, 4:47:31 PM10/12/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Seems like whatever they did in the last few days may have broke OmniSD cause it wont install any zips when clicked on. I am glad i loaded what I could before they did this ._.

Jolly

Oct 13, 2019, 7:00:28 AM10/13/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
At this time no workaround for omnisd available. It seems jio developer do lot of research and testing to every patch from hotspot to omnisd and others. Also we can not downgrade the version as sector location changed for packages.
Only one thing is possible that go to nearest jio service center and try to get latest flash file and patch boot and recovery to get root access. Then only we can expriment with system to regain old stuff to work.
(Btw jio care are mostly handled by private contractors.)
Thanks
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

I'm Haryanavi

Oct 19, 2019, 2:47:54 AM10/19/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Nice app
thanks for it.
If jiophone is rooted then we can change the quicklaunch option and select any option as wifi hotspot in launcher.gaiamobile.org folder .
i search the forum and found very nice posts to change it
and
Message has been deleted

B.TECH. with ACER PREDATOR RTX

Oct 27, 2019, 2:17:44 AM10/27/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
now nothing can happen jio company is restricting everything, even i cant install your app by omni sd. ab kuch nhi ho sakta

On Sunday, 27 October 2019 10:34:12 UTC+5:30, Bikash Das wrote:
@Ivan

Please Update the App in Store.
   Thanks

Ivan Alex HC