GerdaOS public alpha

Luxferre

Jan 27, 2019, 6:02:26 AM1/27/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
So, as it was promised, today our alpha becomes public and everyone (brave enough) is invited to the test.

See official GerdaOS website for all info: https://gerda.tech

Hossain Mohammed Shoaib

Jan 27, 2019, 6:16:37 AM1/27/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Thanks Luxferre

On Sun, Jan 27, 2019 at 5:02 PM Luxferre <subor...@gmail.com> wrote:
So, as it was promised, today our alpha becomes public and everyone (brave enough) is invited to the test.

See official GerdaOS website for all info: https://gerda.tech

Ben Amodio

Jan 27, 2019, 6:29:40 AM1/27/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
can anyone who's installed this explain how multitasking works? i didn't see it demo'd in the longest 'teaser' video of all time

Luxferre

Jan 27, 2019, 6:31:57 AM1/27/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
It was demoed there when the file manager and settings apps were minimized instead of closing.

Press power button:

Slide lid open completely - app is minimized.
Slide lid half-open - screenshot is taken.
Slide lid closed - power button functions normally.

Hossain Mohammed Shoaib

Jan 27, 2019, 6:36:07 AM1/27/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
yea i want to know that,,,

Ben Amodio

Jan 27, 2019, 6:41:12 AM1/27/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
nice! that's a very inventive use of the slide. good work

Jonny MacBean

Jan 27, 2019, 6:42:16 AM1/27/19
to Luxferre, comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Amazing! I'll try it out tomorrow.

On Sun, 27 Jan 2019, 11:02 Luxferre <subor...@gmail.com wrote:
So, as it was promised, today our alpha becomes public and everyone (brave enough) is invited to the test.

See official GerdaOS website for all info: https://gerda.tech

Ben Amodio

Jan 27, 2019, 6:43:12 AM1/27/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
also - can this be used on the single-SIM Nokia 8110? I have a TA-1071

Luxferre

Jan 27, 2019, 6:44:27 AM1/27/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
There's no other choice when the set of physical keys is so limited. Of course, this scheme turns on when the screen is turned on. When the screen is off, power button acts normally regardless of the lid position.

Btw, thanks to speeduploop for an initial idea about using the slide lid.

Luxferre

Jan 27, 2019, 6:47:17 AM1/27/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
This is something I'm not so sure about. Initial test target was TA-1048.

But you can try, this is why public alpha test was launched in the first place.
It must be a matter of persist.radio.multisim.config system property anyway.

Luxferre

Jan 27, 2019, 6:49:22 AM1/27/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
But I beg you to backup modem partitions (fsg, modem, modemst1, modemst2, rpm). With dd or something.

Ben Amodio

Jan 27, 2019, 7:07:13 AM1/27/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
i think i'll leave it for someone else to find out! don't want to lose an entire day to restoring my phone if it goes wrong

AdvancedHACKERniV1

Jan 27, 2019, 7:49:45 AM1/27/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
@Luxferre, did you try "this.hardwareButtons.publish('holdhome');" ?

Dhruv Sharma

Jan 27, 2019, 8:28:01 AM1/27/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
 Thanks Luxferre. This is really great. Please keep up the brilliant work!

Dhruv Sharma

Jan 27, 2019, 9:04:39 AM1/27/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Is there a way to recover our original OS after completing installation?

Huy Minh Bui

Jan 27, 2019, 10:16:57 AM1/27/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110

Vào 18:02:26 UTC+7 Chủ Nhật, ngày 27 tháng 1 năm 2019, Luxferre đã viết:
So, as it was promised, today our alpha becomes public and everyone (brave enough) is invited to the test.

See official GerdaOS website for all info: https://gerda.tech
Is Gerda support J2ME apps yet ???

PuriShnit

Jan 27, 2019, 10:55:33 AM1/27/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110

@Luxferre, thanks for the amazing work!

I have a Chinese sample phone (similar to TIM easy 4g), running on KaiOS.
Is there any way I could simply port the GerdaOS for it?

The boot.img I would manually do the changes, the main issue is importing the webapps & other functionality of the System.

I assume most of the KaiOS/b2g is not device specific...

Luxferre

Jan 28, 2019, 4:42:30 AM1/28/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
The system.gaiamobile.org is very device specific. For instance, undocumented SlideManager and navigator.kaiosExtension/navigator.engmodeExtension APIs are used which are not present in other stock device firmwares.

PuriShnit

Jan 28, 2019, 7:26:27 AM1/28/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110

Does this mean, GerdaOS would need to be built for each device seperately.

Or, can we still use most of the project source for any device, and just patch the device-specific parts...?

My device does run on KaiOS 2.5, but a very old version (probably similar to v10 of 8110), so I would really like to upgrade it + the added Gerda functionality... :)

Message has been deleted

Dhruv Sharma

Jan 28, 2019, 8:56:23 AM1/28/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Is there a way to recover KaiOS if I use the make method?

Sylvain D

Jan 28, 2019, 3:10:39 PM1/28/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Many thanks for this alpha Gerda Package!
I already enjoy the functionalities and smoothness on my french 8110 dual sim. Very easy to install on v13 following the instructions.

Is there a trick to get full access to remote runtime for Webide? Used to work on v13 jailbreaked with the
adb forward tcp:6000 localfilesystem:/data/local/debugger-socket command

Best regards,

diego med

Jan 29, 2019, 7:25:40 AM1/29/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
hello to everything, thanks for adding me to your group, I have a problem with Nokia 8110 ta-1059, with the haste I have put gardaos and I have lost the wifi, can someone send me a dump system.img

Thx

Hossain Mohammed Shoaib

Jan 29, 2019, 7:43:55 AM1/29/19
to diego med, comp.mobile.nokia.8110
V12 or V13?

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 6:25 PM diego med <ypsel...@gmail.com> wrote:
hello to everything, thanks for adding me to your group, I have a problem with Nokia 8110 ta-1059, with the haste I have put gardaos and I have lost the wifi, can someone send me a dump system.img

      Thx

diego med

Jan 29, 2019, 7:58:59 AM1/29/19
to Hossain Mohammed Shoaib, comp.mobile.nokia.8110
v13

Hossain Mohammed Shoaib

Jan 29, 2019, 8:00:39 AM1/29/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
just missed i've v12
but my banana on v13 but i can't dump my system

Luxferre

Jan 29, 2019, 9:22:57 AM1/29/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Wi-Fi issue is fixed now. New installer (build d1490fb) available at https://gerda.tech/ website.

Dhruv Sharma

Jan 29, 2019, 10:54:14 AM1/29/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Can I access KaiStore from GerdaOS?

jkelol111

Jan 29, 2019, 6:36:34 PM1/29/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
No, it is disabled for the sake of privacy on GerdaOS.

Jonny MacBean

Jan 30, 2019, 10:20:55 AM1/30/19
to Luxferre, comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Just tried installing on my TA-1071 (single SIM) using the install zip and Gerda recovery, but the installation almost instantly aborts. The logs say "read on sdcard failed: I/O error". Will try the 'build' method now.

On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 at 11:02, Luxferre <subor...@gmail.com> wrote:
So, as it was promised, today our alpha becomes public and everyone (brave enough) is invited to the test.

See official GerdaOS website for all info: https://gerda.tech

Luxferre

Jan 30, 2019, 10:24:03 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Do you actually have SD card installed in your device?

Luxferre

Jan 30, 2019, 10:24:10 AM1/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Do you actually have SD card installed in your device?

Jonny MacBean

Jan 30, 2019, 10:25:44 AM1/30/19
to Luxferre, comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Yes, it is a crappy one though. I'll try it with a different one.

Jonny MacBean

Jan 30, 2019, 11:11:22 AM1/30/19
to Luxferre, comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I can confirm that it works on a single sim 8110 (TA-1071).

Thanks Luxferre!

Peter Knight

Jan 31, 2019, 3:24:47 AM1/31/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I can comfirm it works a treet on single sim

John-David Deubl

Jan 31, 2019, 7:14:15 AM1/31/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
suggestion for  function's

start app's and call's wird the number pad
for example:
1 -3 favorit numbers
4 - 9 favorit app's

---

global search for files, contacts, events....
for example to start the search:

if on homescreen and press the cursor-pad down

---

accept a call without open the slider with db click the "new home"

thank you for developing gerda!

Peter Knight

Jan 31, 2019, 8:04:47 AM1/31/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Has anyone else not got predictive text or have i not enabled something many thanks for a great rom

I Understand I Exist

Jan 31, 2019, 1:18:26 PM1/31/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
hello to all, i finally got some free time to test this os, so can i put the installer on the sdcard and apply update from the recovery

jkelol111

Jan 31, 2019, 7:00:44 PM1/31/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
No, you will need to install Gerda Recovery first

Peter Knight

Jan 31, 2019, 7:47:42 PM1/31/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hi i used the normal recovery on a v12 Nokia 8110 and gerdaos works fine for me it says on website you can install zip under normal recovery but they recommend gerda recovery hope this helps

I Understand I Exist

Feb 1, 2019, 6:35:56 AM2/1/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
just did it, i have a custom rom now this is great, thanks to all

DS

Feb 1, 2019, 12:58:01 PM2/1/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hi,
Is there a way to key-in emojis in GerdaOS?

Luxferre

Feb 1, 2019, 2:06:18 PM2/1/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hi. Not yet. This is alpha, and more fundamental issues still have to be solved.
Please forget about emojis, iconpacks and other restyling for now until explicitly announced.
Message has been deleted

John-David Deubl

Feb 1, 2019, 4:50:57 PM2/1/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hello,

how to delete the nokia sound after booting ?

Ivan

Feb 1, 2019, 6:04:33 PM2/1/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
/system/b2g/webapps/system.gaiamobile.org/application.zip

in application.zip

application/resources/sounds/poweron-sound.ogg

John-David Deubl

Feb 1, 2019, 6:32:03 PM2/1/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
thank you ivan

DS

Feb 2, 2019, 1:12:20 AM2/2/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Alright thanks

Ivan

Feb 2, 2019, 1:20:11 AM2/2/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
i have replaced my system app with the gerda version. i have some symbols or wide screen black signs when i write something (in this moment i'm writing in blind mode).

lyf120

Feb 2, 2019, 2:37:56 AM2/2/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
On Sunday, January 27, 2019 at 4:32:26 PM UTC+5:30, Luxferre wrote:
> So, as it was promised, today our alpha becomes public and everyone (brave enough) is invited to the test.
>

> See official GerdaOS website for all info: https://gerda.tech

How to rearrange,edit toggles Bluetooth, wifi etc when we press up navi.. key
and navi.. key shortcuts which lunches apps.
is it in luncher app?

John-David Deubl

Feb 2, 2019, 5:22:32 AM2/2/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Ahoi,

how to delete stock app's: youtube, google search, KaiOsStore,Radio,GoogleMaps ?

jkelol111

Feb 2, 2019, 6:21:02 AM2/2/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I found out the way. Basically, go to r.gerda.tech, click the button and wait for success, press *#*#33284#*#*, use 'adb shell' and look inside the /system/b2g/webapps folder on your device for the app you want to delete (Google app is the one with {204xx...}, KaiStore is kaios-plus.kaiostech.com, ...), then just run (at root shell): 'mount -o remount,rw /system'

Then 'rm -rf' the directory and modify the 'webapps.json' file in /system/b2g/webapps (delete the entry, change the localID to match the order), then reboot and factory reset.

Ivan

Feb 2, 2019, 8:44:19 AM2/2/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
the black wide screen symbols when typing something or opening the menu on * seems to be solved after the reboot.

i don't know how is possible and i'd like to know how it was solved only rebooting my phone.

so....great functions, i love it! now i can also using multitask and made screenshot.

thank you!

John-David Deubl

Feb 2, 2019, 9:18:48 AM2/2/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I think I have found out where new symbols/icons (keyboard *) can be added: /system/b2g/webapps/keyboard.gaiamobile.org/application.zip/keypad_symbols.js

first line into the arrays ['£','¥','€','','','','','','','','','']

but when I edit the file local I don't know how to override the existing file on the phone

adb push do not override.

speeduploop

Feb 2, 2019, 9:27:57 AM2/2/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
On a ooted phone:
-- first remount /system rw
-- then
---- if you have patched adb you can push the file to its place (you might have to adjust file-permissions!)
---- if you have 'telnet-backdoor' push the file user 'shell' is allowed to (/data/local/tmp works) and then move the file from there to it's place. (file-permissions!)

Simple file-edits I do with 'busybox sed' directly on the phone if I don't want to pull/push or want to script them...
(don't use the non-busybox sed -- that's broken...)

John-David Deubl

Feb 2, 2019, 11:01:17 AM2/2/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
busybox sed

how it works when the file is into a application.zip ?

speeduploop

Feb 2, 2019, 11:14:29 AM2/2/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Ok - if it's in an application.zip you would need to unpack it -- so it's easier to do it on a PC...

As I wrote: if you can't push/pull to/from system -- then take the way via /data/local/tmp
---> you can push/pull this folder's contents and you can copy between /system and /data/local/tmp

John-David Deubl

Feb 2, 2019, 11:30:50 AM2/2/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
i'am on gerda and root
so when I download and upload the files what must change in the file permissions ?

speeduploop

Feb 2, 2019, 11:38:59 AM2/2/19