Modifying GerdaOS webapps (launcher) unsuccesful :-(

peeech

Oct 6, 2019, 6:26:11 PM10/6/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hey bananahackers!

As a bananahacker apprentice I've rooted my banana (8110 4g EU, v13.00.17.01) and started happily hacking webapps. Not to much success unfortunately.
Let's take launcher: I pull application.zip from `/system/local/webapps/launcher.gaiasoftware.com/`, unzip, alter stuff, zip back and push to the same location. After reboot launcher is broken (blobe icon with the exclamation mark), even when I make a insignificant single character change inside of the code. I am suspecting it has something to do with `packageHash` found in `/data/local/webapps/webapps.json` under `"launcher.gaiamobile.org":`.

Is GerdaOS performing `packageHash` validation at the boot? If so - how do you deal with that? If not what am I doing wrong?

Thanks, peeech

martincheco

Oct 7, 2019, 2:33:59 AM10/7/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hi Przemek

pulling and pushing back apps after repacking works for me normally on GerdaOS.
I only had troubles when I tried to make the code readable by reformatting (letting some program add linebreaks and tabs) and tried to zip them with the formatting.

Martin

Jolly

Oct 12, 2019, 5:51:44 AM10/12/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
select all folder in application folder and compress it.
you are compressing application folder .
it means your application.zip have folder name application in which all required files and folder resist.
thaks