Wallace Toolbox - KaiOS hacking multitool

Luxferre

Dec 7, 2019, 5:04:07 PM12/7/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110

Here's what it can do:

1. Give ADB root (Wallace Lite method);
2. Toggle call recording in KaiOS 2.5.2+ between manual, automatic and off;
3. Install OmniSD-compatible app packages (when the system is in privileged mode) using the system filepicker;
4. Override TTL values for wireless tethering;
5. Edit IMEI1 (on Nokias only);
6. Edit IMEI2 (on Nokias only);
7. Toggle browser's proxy setting;
8. Set the host and port for the browser's proxy;
9. Override the user agent;
*. Run the good old overclocking script;
0. Toggle diagnostics port (on Qualcomms only);
#. Launch the privileged mode factory reset procedure.

When some feature is unavailable on a particular phone, the utility will give you a corresponding error message, and the item will be in strikethrough line. The items highlighted in red are the most dangerous and involve additional confirmation messages.

Feel free to use it and ask questions.

Luxferre

Dec 8, 2019, 4:13:30 AM12/8/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
SHA256:  696090908d2f3ae0bdb24e996413fe4aed645e0badf0c2cbaba0ef60f93a01aa

jack

Dec 11, 2019, 6:05:37 AM12/11/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
This looks great, thanks Luxferre.
Is it possible to install it using OmniSD or only the WebIDE.
With OmniSD I get a missing manifest error, I suppose because the app isn't packaged up the way OmniSD expects.

Ivan Alex HC

Dec 11, 2019, 10:00:38 AM12/11/19
to banana...@googlegroups.com
obviously you should package it to make it work with OmniSD ... however this is also an alternative to OmniSD (key 3)
wallace-toolbox-0.0.1-omnisd.zip

jack

Dec 11, 2019, 10:11:37 AM12/11/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Installed it with gdeploy with no issues.
Looks great.

The call recording feature is disabled as it says it requires KaiOS 2.5.2 and I'm on 2.5.1.

I thought firmware version 16 was the latest released for the 8110, I'm on 16.00.17.00.
Is there a later firmware with KaiOS 2.5.2?

jack

Dec 11, 2019, 10:35:58 AM12/11/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Nevermind, I see now in the call recording thread that it worked on the 2720 and the 800 tough which have 2.5.2, not the 8110.

7ravens 7crowns

Dec 12, 2019, 10:03:23 AM12/12/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hello Luxferre

Any network data analyzer on gerda? Or how to see the network data transfer.
Did anyone chenged the fonts and background colors on 8110?
Is it possible boot raspbian or other thiny core linux on 8110?

Best Regards

Veera B

May 4, 2020, 5:40:54 AM5/4/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Thanks Ivan. Great tool it is.

Is there any way to reduce the font size? Especially in browser? This will be great help if this tool or any other tool can support.

User agent switch option is great to see but it will be good if there is an option to switch back to other user agents or reset easily.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Veera B

May 6, 2020, 4:01:58 PM5/6/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Can u pls clarify how can I change UA using this tool
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Luxferre

Jul 2, 2020, 5:50:37 AM7/2/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I didn't even think this would actually happen, but the version 0.0.2 is out: https://cloud.disroot.org/s/W5Bz6C9j4CGmr2E/download

SHA256: 83781fe6c086cbdba7ddc8962519b216a3021fe40c06f98fbcfa18a0f67199f6

Changes:

- IMEI editor now also works for MediaTek KaiOS handsets (autodetecting whether it's Qualcomm Nokia or MTK),
- for Nokias, you can now also change Wi-Fi MAC address.

Please test out.
Message has been deleted

Luxferre

Jul 3, 2020, 8:15:13 AM7/3/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Version 0.0.3 is out: https://cloud.disroot.org/s/eGHrSJbJ5jgpTZs/download

SHA256: e63bcd51b0ec7251060697221a1b8e799fb4bc20b18cef9f632212a6fbd8243c

Now ADB root function should work on any devices with Busybox, not just Nokias.

P.S. A new independent temporary Busybox installer is in the works, need Spreadtrum/Unisoc testers.

Luxferre

Jul 4, 2020, 11:25:04 AM7/4/20
to banana...@googlegroups.com
Let me present you the version 0.0.4: https://cloud.disroot.org/s/obk8K7QCb2LokE8/download

(SHA256: ca189bf720708c24365ae255008ea73e3bfae6a90243e0b8ae7c961ce6466fe3)

Changes:

- the TTL fixer is limited to Qualcomms only (didn't work on MTK anyway) for the time being;
- fixed some design issues compared to 0.0.3;
- now the ADB root really works on Busybox-enabled Unisoc handsets just as well as on MTK and Qualcomms;
- now the rooting function will attempt to install and start adbd even without the previously running ADB service (no bug icon will appear in that case though).

Special thanks to @fabio_malagas for additional testing!
Message has been deleted

lukiwii

Jul 5, 2020, 4:37:54 PM7/5/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
This did not work when combined with OmniBB, BusyBox still doesn't show up in adb shell at least. I copied busybox to data/local/tmp and manually changed the reference location in Wallace Toolbox, but the root command still didn't work. (A405DL)

Luxferre

Jul 9, 2020, 7:00:20 AM7/9/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Some devices may mount tmpfs and sdcard with noexec flag for security reasons. This might be your case.

Luxferre

Jul 9, 2020, 9:46:10 AM7/9/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Version 0.0.5 is out: https://cloud.disroot.org/s/iTij8xn8LMeFw6f/download

(SHA256: 125108bed2da1ab61f7fc3aad6b2cbe1baa0c03934f20a8aac096a672512beea)

Changes:

- now getting to the privileged developer mode (# key function) doesn't require factory reset - it uses direct cache injection with both /cache and /persist partitions where applicable, and just reboots after the operation;
- added experimental Wi-Fi MAC editor for MediaTek platform (unlike Nokias, works only after re-toggling Wi-Fi manually and until reboot);
- added experimental Bluetooth MAC editor for Qualcomm Nokias.

Feel free to test this out.

Luxferre

Jul 9, 2020, 10:28:40 AM7/9/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Now, Wallace Toolbox has its own Git repo: https://gitlab.com/suborg/wallace-toolbox

From now on, the freshest version will always be there first, and release ZIP packages will only be created when some major change is added.

Luxferre

Sep 28, 2020, 6:09:12 AM9/28/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
After a long wait, version 0.0.6 is out: https://gitlab.com/suborg/wallace-toolbox/-/releases/0.0.6

Now, with a light press of right soft key, we can make any pre-installed/system app removable from the standard app menu! Say goodbye to Google/Facebook/other bloatware your vendor shipped in the phone.

This new function, as well as ADB root, needs Busybox installed. If it's not installed, you can, for instance, use OmniBB to install it temporarily.

P.S. Obviously, this function doesn't affect system partitions, so system updateability isn't tampered and all pre-installed apps come back after the factory reset.

uday kumar dindukurthi

Sep 28, 2020, 6:52:47 AM9/28/20
to Luxferre, comp.mobile.nokia.8110

Thank you very much....You are just leaping ahead...

Phùng Công Thành

Sep 29, 2020, 6:23:09 PM9/29/20
to Luxferre, comp.mobile.nokia.8110
It's doesn't work on Energizer E241s.

Best regards,

Phung Cong Thanh

PuriShnit

Sep 29, 2020, 7:02:05 PM9/29/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110

Which feature are you referring to?

The ADB root won't work, but the system-less uninstalling of system apps should work, doesn't it?

Player Singh

Feb 1, 2021, 7:32:13 AM2/1/21
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
hlo everyone i need help as i want to change mac address on jiophone plz tell me any way to do it.

Tudor

May 19, 2021, 1:44:35 PM5/19/21
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hi.
There is any other method to root Nokia 8110 that run on KaiOS 2.5.1? I'm trying with PaleMoon and webide, but I get an error saying that my tools (PaleMoon) are older that KaiOS version (2.5.1).
Should I flash an older firmware version that is compatible with latest PaleMoon? If yes, can you please share a download link?
Thank you for helping me.
err.png

Farooq Karimi Zadeh

May 19, 2021, 1:45:50 PM5/19/21
to banana...@googlegroups.com

You can safely ignore the error regarding versions.

Tudor

May 20, 2021, 4:57:12 AM5/20/21
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Thanks Farooq. Okay, but how to ignore that if I cannot connect the phone to PC because of that?
Please help.

Tudor

May 20, 2021, 7:22:38 AM5/20/21
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
On the other hand, can I install an already rooted firmware, by enabling Recovery mode and then installing update from SD card? If yes, can you help me with a flash file?
Thanks a lot!

Farooq Karimi Zadeh

May 20, 2021, 8:04:26 AM5/20/21
to banana...@googlegroups.com

Can adb detect your phone?

What do you see when you enter "adb devices" in command prompt or Terminal? Can you see a list of devices?

Are you sure you aren't using a charge only USB cable?