Telegram on Gerda: registration problems

Brendan

Jun 9, 2020, 1:01:18 PM6/9/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I've tried installing Telegram on Gerda but I can never get past the registration stage: the SMS they're supposed to send you never arrives (and the "we'll call you with a code" option doesn't work either).
I'm on the latest version of Gerda (build version 221edb8)on a Nokia 8110 and I'm using the Telegram version by Sylvain BLOT from the B-Hackers store.
Has anyone successfully gone through the registration process for Telegram on Gerda? Or can anyone suggest a fix?
Thanks.

Brendan

Jun 9, 2020, 1:48:14 PM6/9/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I found a workaround by installing the Telegram app to my desktop computer and registering via that. The registration process is the same, and includes a SMS message being sent to the phone. This came through fine. Then, when I did the registration process from the phone, the registration code came through Telegram itself and appeared on the Desktop app, so I was able to complete the registration process on the phone.
Hope that helps anyone else who's been having the same problem.

perry

Jun 11, 2020, 2:40:56 AM6/11/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I have add the AlarmApi in the telegram-app, so you will also be notified of new messages when the app is closed. you can install it with the bHackerStore app: https://github.com/strukturart/kaiOs-alt-app-store

Monish Ali

Jun 11, 2020, 3:11:19 AM6/11/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Not working
Stuck on enter phone number

perry

Jun 11, 2020, 3:17:53 AM6/11/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
you has to scroll down, with the hardware buttons.

Hamid Shahsavani

Jul 9, 2020, 12:43:32 PM7/9/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
use telegram web