enable wifi with javascript

perry

Jul 16, 2019, 9:08:38 AM7/16/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hello,

I would use the SettingsApi to toggle wifi on/off.
but I run into an error.

my code snippet:

function wifi_toggle()
{

var lock    = navigator.mozSettings.createLock();
var setting = lock.get('wifi.enabled');

setting.onsuccess = function () {
  alert('wifi.enabled: ' + setting.result);
}

setting.onerror = function () {
  alert('An error occured: ' + setting.error);
}

}

error output: TypeError: navigator.mozSettings is undefined

does somebody know how to use the api ?

Farooq Karimi Zadeh

Jul 16, 2019, 9:16:42 AM7/16/19
to perry, comp.mobile.nokia.8110
On 2019-07-16 17:38, perry wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would use the SettingsApi [1] to toggle wifi on/off.
> but I run into an error.
>
> MY CODE SNIPPET:
>
> function wifi_toggle()
> {
>
> var lock = navigator.mozSettings.createLock();
>
> var setting = lock.get('wifi.enabled');
>
> setting.onsuccess = function () {
> alert('wifi.enabled: ' + setting.result);
> }
>
> setting.onerror = function () {
> alert('An error occured: ' + setting.error);
> }
>
> }
>
> ERROR OUTPUT: TypeError: navigator.mozSettings is undefined
>
> does somebody know how to use the api ?
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bananahackers/6a416412-291b-45e1-9e15-08cff3e142bc%40googlegroups.com
> [2].
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Archive/B2G_OS/API/Settings_API
> [2]
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bananahackers/6a416412-291b-45e1-9e15-08cff3e142bc%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
permissions perhaps?

perry

Jul 16, 2019, 9:22:05 AM7/16/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Farooq Karimi Zadeh  thanks for the tip.

"permissions":
{

"desktop-notification":{},

"geolocation": {
"description": "Required to show user's location"
},

"device-storage:sdcard": {
"description": "Read from sd-card",
"access": "readonly"
},

"open-remote-window":{},

"device-storage:apps":{ "access": "readonly" },
"webapps-manage":{ },

"settings":
{
"access":"readwrite"
},

"wifi-manage":{},

"spatialnavigation-app-manage": {
"navigator.spatialNavigationEnabled": false
},

"systemXHR": {
"description": "Required to load remote content"