OmniBB: temporary Busybox installer - need testing on different devices

Luxferre

Jul 3, 2020, 8:46:31 AM7/3/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hi folks,

Here's an utility that installs Busybox into /sbin until the next reboot: OmniBB.
Besides everything else, it allows the rooting functions of Wallace Toolbox (0.0.3+) and extractAppAsset method from libWallace to function correclty on the devices that didn't have Busybox installed.

(SHA256: 208bde9a950046394939b44fff76a99a2edf16b5195c716c1dd23db02c495367)

Installable from WebIDE/gdeploy, just like Wallace Toolbox or OmniSD.
Tested on MediaTeks, need testing on Unisoc/Spreadtrum devices.

Have fun!

Message has been deleted

Luxferre

Jul 3, 2020, 8:49:53 AM7/3/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Just enter adb shell and then run busybox command.

On Friday, July 3, 2020 at 3:48:04 PM UTC+3, TEACH DOWN wrote:
How i know that busybox is installed in my sprd device.
Message has been deleted

Luxferre

Jul 3, 2020, 9:44:29 AM7/3/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
So, did you get the busybox working?

Reboot the device, reinstall busybox with OmniBB, check it's there without the root, then try installing Wallace Toolbox 0.0.3 and run the rooting from there.

On Friday, July 3, 2020 at 4:31:24 PM UTC+3, TEACH DOWN wrote:
After getting busybox i used adbroot app from speeduploop to enable root but nothing is getting to changed, al5so i tried adb shell cmd but my device wasn't showing. Now how to fix.
Message has been deleted

Luxferre

Jul 3, 2020, 10:00:09 AM7/3/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Here's metadata.json:

{"version":1,"manifestURL":"app://omnibb.bananahackers.net/manifest.webapp"}

But why not install directly via WebIDE or gdeploy?

On Friday, July 3, 2020 at 4:55:26 PM UTC+3, TEACH DOWN wrote:
Hey there can you give me metadata.json. I want to try to install this application using omnisd maybe it's work. Please give as soon as possible.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Luxferre

Jul 4, 2020, 2:01:17 AM7/4/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
It's not the app's fault. The app just temporarily installs Busybox into /sbin, it has nothing to do with ADB access.

On Saturday, July 4, 2020 at 8:53:11 AM UTC+3, TEACH DOWN wrote:
i had tried in my sprd model i waits until busybox icon appears evenly before this i had also selected adb and dev tools in developer menu but when i enter adb shell cmd in minimal adb and fastboot there's no device showing. i also tried to execute some busybox and adb commands but it saying no device\emulator found.
i hope you will improve this app as soon as possible.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Affe null

Jul 4, 2020, 3:54:17 AM7/4/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Message has been deleted

Luxferre

Jul 4, 2020, 8:29:58 AM7/4/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
No, it doesn't mean that. Busybox has absolutely nothing to do with adbd.

On Saturday, July 4, 2020 at 9:31:11 AM UTC+3, TEACH DOWN wrote:
however i tried adb shell cmd but my device is not showing it means busybox was not installing properly in device.
Message has been deleted

Luxferre

Jul 4, 2020, 8:53:11 AM7/4/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
No.

On Saturday, July 4, 2020 at 3:43:32 PM UTC+3, TEACH DOWN wrote:
so can i able to adb pull or push files using busybox?
Message has been deleted

John Smith

Jan 20, 2021, 10:19:51 AM1/20/21
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Unable to install BusyBox. After pressing the button writes: nomodificationallowed error. KaiOS 2.5.1, MyPhone Up Smart,  MT6572M
Developer menu activated, able to upload apps using PaleMoon. Want to remove bloatware using wallace toolbox.

суббота, 4 июля 2020 г. в 15:53:11 UTC+3, Luxferre: