A short message: Nokia 800 Tough and Nokia 2720 Flip

Luxferre

Sep 6, 2019, 2:51:01 AM9/6/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
As we already know, HMD announced new KaiOS phones: a rugged Nokia 800 tough and a stylish Nokia 2720 Flip.

As soon as these two models, both based upon Qualcomm 205, appear in our retail in Q4 2019, primary research should be dedicated to them just as intensely it was dedicated to 8110 a year ago.

Let's hope these models get at least as widespread global coverage as 8110 did.

We have an exciting time ahead of us.

Fan of G.K

Sep 6, 2019, 3:42:08 AM9/6/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Luxurious 2,482.31 & 3,040.02 UAH phone 👍🏻

MeMC

Sep 6, 2019, 7:28:27 AM9/6/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I can see a lot of new keys on both pohones: dedicated messaging key, back key, SOS/Google assistant key and volume up and down key. So there are both "end call" key and back key. May be the answer to problematic end call key behaviour on N8110 (not having extra back key). So, potential issues with key maping and universal apps compatibility...? :-(

According to images presented by Nokia, the selection keys on the homescreen are for Notices (left) and Camera (right). Where are Shortcuts?! Or are the context keys at least customizable? On the other hand, no traces of "carousel" apps icons/shortcuts as seen on some new KaiOS devices before. So, some kind of custom Nokia launcher...?

According to user guides published by Nokia, File Manager is going to be included "out of the box".

So, probably a lot of new things to explore and also backport to N8110? ;-)

Lexa Relloem

Sep 12, 2019, 4:57:05 AM9/12/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
front screen modding ? cant wait for 2720 ;)

Luxferre

Sep 23, 2019, 4:24:01 AM9/23/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Exactly. This is the primary reason why new GerdaOS alpha is a bit delayed.

Lexa Relloem

Oct 1, 2019, 7:26:47 AM10/1/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I saw in a review that the 2720 flip runs with the same software version as my banana. I assume that it can be rooted in the same way.
does anyone already have this device?

Luxferre

Oct 1, 2019, 10:12:35 AM10/1/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I'll have two of them on Friday. Will report back once I get them.