Call recording in KaiOS solved - it was already there but we didn't know how to turn it on!

Luxferre

Dec 7, 2019, 6:08:31 AM12/7/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Connect with WebIDE, go to the "Device Settings" and set the following:

1. callrecording.mode (string) = on or auto (manual or automatic recording);
2. callrecording.notification.enabled = false - just for sake of it;
3. callrecording.vibration.enabled = false - just for sake of it;
4. callrecording.file.format = wav (default is 3gpp, IIRC one can specify ogg and opus as well).

Now, if your KaiOS phone has a Camera button, recording will be toggled with it. If there's no Camera button, recording can be toggled by pressing Left arrow. A "rec" icon will appear.

The resulting files will be stored in the "callrecording" directory of your main storage (internal or sdcard).

P.S. I'm going to release a utility that allows to switch these settings soon.

I Understand I Exist

Dec 7, 2019, 6:30:03 AM12/7/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
great !!! imma try it right now

Luxferre

Dec 7, 2019, 6:39:41 AM12/7/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I tested on my 8110 v16 - didn't work. Worked on 2720 Flip and 800 Tough. Gonna try on B35, just to determine which KaiOS version they implemented that hidden feature in.

Luxferre

Dec 7, 2019, 6:49:18 AM12/7/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
OK, seems like this hidden feature is only implemented in KaiOS 2.5.2. Anyway, better than nothing.

I Understand I Exist

Dec 7, 2019, 12:24:23 PM12/7/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
i too checked it and no good, maybe it will implemented in the next Gerda OS

Markus Wittich

Dec 11, 2019, 1:50:40 AM12/11/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
hello,
i testet the settings, ...... no funktion
my phone i Nokia 2720 flip with kaios 2.5.2
whats wrong ???

greetings

Luxferre

Dec 13, 2019, 1:25:55 AM12/13/19
to banana...@googlegroups.com
During the call, press Left key on the d-pad. A "REC" icon must appear.

Or just use Wallace Toolbox to toggle this setting.

Markus Wittich

Dec 15, 2019, 1:45:44 AM12/15/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
during the call i press the left cursor ...... No record. Must the device rooted before?

Markus Wittich

Dec 15, 2019, 3:13:24 AM12/15/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
here are my settings in device entries
callrecording settings picture.JPG

Markus Wittich

Dec 15, 2019, 3:25:31 AM12/15/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
callrecording settings picture2.JPG

Luxferre

Dec 18, 2019, 6:04:50 AM12/18/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
The callrecording.notification.enabled and callrecording.vibration.enabled must be boolean instead of strings. Could you try to remove these two properties altogether?

Markus Wittich

Dec 18, 2019, 8:08:07 AM12/18/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Okay thanks for your answer. It was successfuel. Call recording now running. For the future, i installed the wallece-toolbox to switch with comfort. :-)

YadaBada

Jun 10, 2020, 2:59:17 PM6/10/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hello all! I'm new to the forum.
I'm a heavy Archlinux user 10+ years, self-taught python coder, and have an innate crazy adhd desire to tinker and hack ^^.
I'm currently into learning web development, maybe also for Kai.
I decided to do my quick introduction here, as this topic is the main reason for me deciding between getting a Nokia 800 or a Cat B35 as my work phone.

So, if I understood correctly, the call recorder only works on Kai 2.5.2 and up. This feature would really come in handy to me.
So, I have to ask this question here, because I could not find any info online anywhere I searched.
Can the B35 be updated to 2.5.2 to enable the call recorder?

YadaBada

Jun 20, 2020, 9:53:00 AM6/20/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Dear all.

I contacted Cat, and here is what they said:
"Latest available KaiOS version for the B35 is 2.5.1. Updates will still be coming in, however we don't have any info about an upgrade to 2.5.2."

Now we know :).
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

G Power

Sep 24, 2020, 12:14:39 AM9/24/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
How can a KaiOS call recording post can help you in porting android on bloody jiophone atleast see the headline then ask the question by the way someone has answered on your post, so watch it before any admin deletes your post https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/bananahackers/BzBwREiJ2bo