Fastboot on the Nokia 8110 4G

Affe null

Dec 23, 2019, 3:30:50 AM12/23/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hello BananaHackers,

I found a method to get fastboot mode on the Nokia 8110 4G.
I noticed that the boot loader starts fastboot mode if it cannot boot from a bootimage.
Enter the following commands in the adb root shell:

echo 0 > /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery
reboot recovery

This corrupts the recovery bootimage and makes the boot loader boot from it.
The phone shows the splash screen and does nothing.
But it is in fastboot mode. Try "fastboot reboot" on your computer with the phone connected. The phone should reboot.

Kostas Handrinos

Dec 23, 2019, 8:21:44 PM12/23/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
How do I get out of Fastboot though?

Affe null

Dec 24, 2019, 1:26:15 AM12/24/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Either "fastboot reboot" from your computer or just remove the battery and put it back in.