My apps: Plastic Map && Here INFO

Juan M

Aug 12, 2020, 1:51:03 PM8/12/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hola! I been developing these two apps for my use but I am glad to share:

Plastic Map shows a map from mbtiles sources for offline use. Maps can be generated using desktop software (ex. Maperitive) and then loaded from the SD card. Markers and configuration are stored in a JSON file.

Here INFO shows calculations derived from your current position and date. Currently only rise and set hours and moon phase, but soon will be adding more calculations and data: celestial bodies positions, eclipses, ephemeris, and practical information.

Please share any thought, idea or issue. My intent with these apps is keep them offline first, with possibly download features and local storage.

-- Juan

perry

Aug 12, 2020, 4:35:55 PM8/12/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
thanks for the apps! I wrote a similar map app but without the offline maps feature.

Juan M

Aug 12, 2020, 6:02:32 PM8/12/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
On Wednesday, August 12, 2020 at 3:35:55 PM UTC-5, perry wrote:
thanks for the apps! I wrote a similar map app but without the offline maps feature.

Thank you for osm-map! Was an inspiration for my first approach, but didn't want to fork because I try to have offline capabilities as first citizen for Plastic Map. Also, sql.js is quite heavy to include.

perry

Aug 12, 2020, 6:10:11 PM8/12/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
geoJson offline maps are easy to use, but there aren't many sources yet. It is also useful to open .gpx files that I built into my app last week.

Juan M

Aug 12, 2020, 6:49:36 PM8/12/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
On Wednesday, August 12, 2020 at 5:10:11 PM UTC-5, perry wrote:
geoJson offline maps are easy to use, but there aren't many sources yet.

If I understand correctly, is not the same as having the layer tiles as loaded from mbtiles format. But I been looking into creating GeoJSON from relief/contour lines data as polygons.

It is also useful to open .gpx files that I built into my app last week.

This is interesting. Thanks.

Sibelius Johannes

Oct 14, 2020, 5:11:22 AM10/14/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hi! Thank you for this app. Online is working well for me, but the app crashes, when I try to load the offline file, which I downloaded here (Germany): http://osmlab.github.io/osm-qa-tiles/country.html .The file is extracted and in the maps directory of my external sdcard. My configuration file is attached. Can anyone tell me, what I did wrong? Thank you!
plastic-map.json

perry

Oct 14, 2020, 5:41:18 PM10/14/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Maybe the file is to big, did you tried a file < 30mb ?

Sibelius Johannes

Oct 15, 2020, 5:16:17 AM10/15/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Yes it was several Gb. Now I created a tiny 12Mb file with MOBAC and 4Umaps.eu as source. Plastic-Maps doesn't crash anymore, but still I can't see any map. It's just gray...

perry

Oct 15, 2020, 7:49:18 AM10/15/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
write to the developer in an issue: https://gitlab.com/guide42/plastic-map, you are also welcome to try my osm-app, there you have the opportunity to load geoJson files.

Sibelius Johannes

Oct 15, 2020, 8:06:07 AM10/15/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Will do so. Yes I also use osm-app and love it. The only thing I miss there is offline capability. Thank you!

John-David Deubl

Oct 15, 2020, 8:33:20 AM10/15/20
to Sibelius Johannes, comp.mobile.nokia.8110
yes it is limited for offline maps, but you can also use tracks (gpx, geoJson) offline.