Alcatel Go Flip 4044T Boot Issue

Aryeh

Jun 3, 2020, 9:29:01 AM6/3/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hi,

I'm having an issue with my Alcatel Go Flip 4044T (gflip2). I was messing around with the webapps.json file and the phone crashed on me. It boots up and gets stuck on boot animation. I have adb, fastboot and edl access but can't do anything with it.
I tried flashing a backed boot.img in fastboot but it fails.
I also tried flashing the firmware of the 4044N in QFIL but I get a sahara download error. Perhaps it is because I don't have the correct firehose loader.
Adb isn't very helpful, I don't have root access, but I can see that some services are running when I try top or b2g-ps.

Any suggestions to get this back working?
Thanks

Sylvain D

Jun 6, 2020, 8:38:37 AM6/6/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I Arieh, you could try adb reboot recovery and recover from there..

Aryeh

Jun 8, 2020, 10:56:26 AM6/8/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110

Hi Sylvain,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately Recovery Mode doesn't give me any useful options.
It only shows the following:

Reboot System Now = Which just brings me back to the same issue.
Reboot to Bootloader = Which gets me in to fastboot mode
Apply Update from ADB = I don't have an update file
Apply Update from SD Card = I don't have an update file
Wipe cache partition = Doesn't seem to do anything
Mount /system = Doesn't seem to do anything. ADB Shell still cannot access system files.
View recovery logs = Shows logs but I don't know what to look for.
Power Off = powers off the device.

On the bottom it shows, Supported API: 3.

Alcatel4044T Recovery Mode.jpg

Any other suggestions?
Thanks!
Alcatel4044T Recovery Mode.jpg

Sylvain D

Jun 11, 2020, 10:39:13 AM6/11/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Isn't there any helping method you can find on the bananahacker's tutorials Backup/repair? Thanks to Ivan there is a quite exhaustive section there!
I know you can sideload some images via the adb sideload method, fo example Gerda Os system is installable this way.

Maybe the 4bash method by PuriShnit can work using the 'update via sdcard' fonction?

Aryeh

Jun 22, 2020, 2:10:40 PM6/22/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I cannot get it to work. adb sideload gives me a signature verification error. update via sdcard is not finding any files.

Aryeh

Jun 22, 2020, 2:17:05 PM6/22/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Phone seems to be all on, but stuck on the alcatel logo. I even see it connecting to my wireless router.
Adb Shell works but I cannot get root access. I see a bunch of processes running when I try adb shell top. Also adb shell b2g-ps shows me that b2g started but I don't see any other apps started.
Does anyone know how to repair this?
I have all the partitions backed up, but I cannot restore since I cannot get root access (Was temporary rooted with wallace toolbox). I don't know how to achieve that using only the shell. Also update via sdcard doesn't work.

If you need any logs, please let me know.

Thanks!
Message has been deleted

Luxferre

Jul 1, 2020, 5:15:18 PM7/1/20
to banana...@googlegroups.com
Now I see the issue - the recovery doesn't have the menu option to do this. But you have the fastboot.
So, you need to prepare a cache partition image and write the recovery/command file into it with the --wipe_data string as contents.

And then run the fastboot flash cache command.

I'll try to prepare the cache image.

On Thursday, July 2, 2020 at 12:05:54 AM UTC+3 Luxferre wrote:
Did you edit webapps.json on the /system partition or in the /data/local?
If from the /data/local, you can just do the factory reset from the recovery and it should be back.

Luxferre

Jul 1, 2020, 5:25:40 PM7/1/20
to banana...@googlegroups.com
Here's the image I'm talking about (in the attachment). This should enforce the factory reset of all /data (unless you altered the /system, of course).
Unzip the .img, enter fastboot and try this:

fastboot flash cache cache-factoryreset.img

Then turn the phone off and enter the recovery once again. It should run the wipe sequence.
cache-factoryreset.zip

Aryeh

Jul 2, 2020, 10:45:14 PM7/2/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Thanks for your help.
I'm having a hard time writing the cache file. Any solutions?

fastboot flash cache cache-factoryreset.img
target reported max download size of
262144000 bytes
Erasing 'cache'...
FAILED
(remote: unknown command)
Finished. Total time: 0.010s

Luxferre

Jul 3, 2020, 12:43:10 AM7/3/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
That's strange. Any fastboot oem unlock or other similar command available?
What about fastboot erase userdata or something like that?

TEACH DOWN

Jul 3, 2020, 2:37:31 AM7/3/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
no it is not possible to execute fastboot oem unlock commands in alcatel go flip or jio phone i tried too.

TEACH DOWN

Jul 3, 2020, 2:40:16 AM7/3/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
in this case you have only option is hard reset. try, maybe it works.

Moshe Rosenblum

Jul 3, 2020, 8:38:19 AM7/3/20
to TEACH DOWN, comp.mobile.nokia.8110
How do I hard reset? I don't have that option.

Just thinking, is there anyway I can get root through an adb shell and then execute dd to overwrite the partition?

Thanks

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020, 2:40 AM TEACH DOWN <scifan...@gmail.com> wrote:
in this case you have only option is hard reset. try, maybe it works.

Luxferre

Jul 3, 2020, 8:58:16 AM7/3/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Do you have adb forward/WebIDE access? (I doubt it but anyway, just in case...)

Moshe Rosenblum

Jul 3, 2020, 9:01:05 AM7/3/20
to Luxferre, comp.mobile.nokia.8110
No.
Adb forward seems to work, but when I try webide it times out connecting to the device.

Message has been deleted