Problem: Nokia 8110 4G is not recognised in Windows 10

Second-Hand Nokia 8110 4G

Feb 8, 2021, 10:12:27 AM2/8/21
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110

Hello everybody,

I just bought the Nokia 8110 4G in a second-hand shop in Sweden. Unfortunately, I realised that I cannot update the current firmware of 12.00.17.06, since I receive the error message: “the search for updates failed” (translated from German). I also tried the KaiOS factory reset and received the same result.

The main problem is that I cannot install WhatsApp with the current version number and that would be the only crucial social media app for me.

Therefore, I did some research and found your bananahackers plattform. However, after starting the ADB software and also debug my phone (little bug in the top), I connect the phone to the computer, but it is not even recognised in windows 10 in the very first place, so that I cannot do any of your mentioned steps.

I don’t know what the previous owner has done with the phone, but is there anything I can make it recognisable in windows again? I assume it is just a missing driver on my computer, but I cannot find one which would be relevant here for this purpose.

If it is not possible, I guess I have to go to a real store and buy a new Nokia 2070 Flip or 800 tough instead, which would be annoying due to the fact that I have a phone already here..

Hence, your help would be much appreciated!! 😊

Nokia8110 4G

12.00.17.06

18-07-04

TA-1048

©Nokia

Variant: 23ARG03ROW1 /DS

Kostas Handrinos

Feb 9, 2021, 7:52:35 AM2/9/21
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hmmm, I had the same problem with my second Nokia 8110, I updated the drivers through this  Nokia 8110 4G USB Driver (Official Tested Driver) (gsmusbdriver.com) and worked like a charm. NOTE: It's the second option, the ADB drivers.

Hope that works!
K.

Second-Hand Nokia 8110 4G

Feb 9, 2021, 12:04:27 PM2/9/21
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hi K.

thank you for the link - much appreciated!

Now, I have installed the second ADB driver and my computer still does not recognised the phone :-/

Out of frustration I also installed the first driver, as well as connected to other usb ports of my computer and used another USB cable. All did not work unfortunately.

Btw, i have not set in a SD-card yet, maybe i am stupid, but i should also be able to access the phone without an SD-card, right? Is there anything else which I can do?

I guess i try to contact the shop to return it. Maybe i am lucky and they actually do it.

Kostas Handrinos

Feb 9, 2021, 2:36:08 PM2/9/21
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Maybe give it a shot with an SD card inserted as well. I always had one slapped in just in case. Check your Settings -->Storage if by any chance the USB storage option is disabled, you need that enabled. It's usually disabled when someone enables the USB tethering, I think.

Also, check your Settings -->Device -->Developer and make sure the Debugger options are "ADB and DevTools".

I understand tho, I was very frustrated as well back in August when that happened.
K.

Second-Hand Nokia 8110 4G

Feb 10, 2021, 3:45:58 AM2/10/21
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Ok, I will try that in my free time onthe weekend. Let's hope that it works :-D

Thank you for your help! :-)

AQ Technology

Mar 7, 2021, 1:13:35 PM3/7/21
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
go to search bar and search "device manager" and view your device driver install properly then go to commend adb devices and so on.....